Anelka

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Anelka

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

was just looking at some of the goals that he scored for us and it got me thinking if he had not been a greedy little twat and stayed with us under the watchful eye of Wenger would he have become as much as a legend as titi and broke the records infront of him at the time. personly i think he could of been one of the best players in the world but i dont think he would of formed the strong bond there was with Henry. I'd be delighted if Wenger signed him before the season starts

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

SO WOULD I, BUT WENGER HIMSELF HAS MORE OR LESS RULED THAT POSSIBILITY OUT. :(

HAD ANELKA STAYED WITH US FOR A SIMILAR LENGTH OF TIME, I'M SURE HE WOULD NOW BE THE HOLDER OF THE CLUB GOAL-SCORING RECORD, AND NOT HENRY!! :roll:

ALAS, WE NEVER REALLY GOT TO SEE THE BEST OF ANELKA. HOWEVER, I AM CERTAIN THAT HE NEVER FULFILLED HIS POTENTIAL AND BECAME THE PLAYER HE COULD/SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONCE HE LEFT ARSENAL! :( :lol: :wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

some of the goals he scored as a youngster was just quality. i agree with him not fulfilling his potential even as you watch him play now its ooks as if hes not pushing himself to hard and yet produces good football

REB

Post by REB »

think hes mellowed abit,, i would welcom him back cos hes a damn good player,, would be an asset 2 our team :mrgreen:

daz10_uk

Post by daz10_uk »

Ive said this in other threads. The guy is a waster he never stays at a club for more than 2 years he upsets the dressing room of pretty much every team he goes to. I for one am glad Wenger doesnt want him back.

stats

Post by stats »

daz10_uk wrote:Ive said this in other threads. The guy is a waster he never stays at a club for more than 2 years he upsets the dressing room of pretty much every team he goes to. I for one am glad Wenger doesnt want him back.
Exactly right on that & we don't need a player who morloe was very poor when at the club
He's a talented kid (well i still call him one) but as Daz said two years is the most he spends at a club despite sometimes doing quite well at example Man City who have missed him badly since leaveing & the lack of goals at home didn't help
Arsene is stadning by his old word & won't bring back an old boy but will create new faces in which i'd prefer to see
In the past with one player in mind making a return & becoming a legend was Martin Keown but that was the Boring Boring era in which wasn't a attacking team (but not getting into that)
Arsene knows for the 100000000th time

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

What the fuck has an attacking team got to do with Keown leaving for an extra 100 quid a week?

We do like to turn a blind eye to things dont we!

Im not saying Anelka was in anyway correc t but please dont make daft excuses to cover others actions!

Keown said himself it was the worst thing he ever done and the main reason was his young bolshiness plus the money!

Remind you of anyone?

:roll:

T.S

Post by T.S »

Nicolas Anelka can gargle my balls (metaphorically - not in the biblical sense).

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Anelka will never be the player he could have become and I don't think we need another striker but if we did, depends on what fee we had to pay for a striker who is nearly 30, I think, so don't think it would be worth going for him.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Magic Hat wrote:Anelka will never be the player he could have become and I don't think we need another striker but if we did, depends on what fee we had to pay for a striker who is nearly 30, I think, so don't think it would be worth going for him.
He would give us a variation to our play, the ability to utilise the excellent long passing of Cesc. He also has good technical qualities. Set against this is the potential to disrupt. I would still take a punt on him - as long as it was clear to him that he stands with the squad - not above it.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

All the drivel about Anelka's attitude misses the point.

Anelka would get us 20 goals plus this season.

I'd have satan playing on the left if he could chip in with a further 15.

REB

Post by REB »

Cockerill's chin wrote:All the drivel about Anelka's attitude misses the point.

Anelka would get us 20 goals plus this season.

I'd have satan playing on the left if he could chip in with a further 15.
good point , cant see satan stayin on the left thou, he so want 2 drift in and claim some soals sorry goals.. :mrgreen:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Van Perise should get 20+, maybe 25, Eduardo with 15-20, Ade with 10-15 or so, Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky should get 10 + each with our big Dane also getting a few but depends how much he plays.

REB

Post by REB »

lets hope so magic hat,, we hav 2 spread the goals around if we,re 2 hav any chance of glory, but you got 2 shoot 2 score goals so lets hope aw has worked on that this summer :mrgreen:

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

Magic Hat, I love your optimism. Do you really see our main front three and three central midfielders coming up with 90 goals?
Van Persie 25
Eduardo 20
Ade 15
Cesc 10+
Hleb 10+
Rosicky 10+
I think this is going to be RVP's year and I hope injury doesn't rob him of it. I can also see TR having a stormer.

Can't see the other's meeting your expectations. Bendtner is called raw by AW himself. Adebayor needs to find the same level of improvement that Drogba found at the chavs last year. Dudu will take a season to settle in a vastly superior league, but I'm sure he will eventually settle. We need a 20 goals striker for 07/08.