Adebayor doesn't know what an Arsenal 'fan' is......

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hatemanu99

Adebayor doesn't know what an Arsenal 'fan' is......

Post by hatemanu99 »

http://www.onlinegooner.com/exclusive/index.php?id=1353

Good article mate. I do however think Adebarndoor's frustration was at the literally thousands who leave with 15 minutes to go (or even after 15 minutes a la Champs league semi) and think it's acceptable to berate the manager and players if we don't win the league every year.

Now I accept 4 years without silverware is too long and believe me no-one is more incredulous that we haven't spent more in the summer given our sale proceeds and the apparent financial health of the club according to the latest accounts.

However to me those 'fans' are the ones he's talking about, not people like you. Where were they when United stuffed us last year? In fact where are a lot of them this year. If our attendances are what the club quotes then I'll eat your mate's Sagna wig. There's empty seats all over the ground. If we continue to finish fourth and settle for the semis in the cup these 'fans' WILL take their support elsewhere. I prefer to refer to them as 'consumers' rather than fans. They make me embarrassed to be an Arsenal fan. All my non-Gooner mates rip me to pieces for the lack of atmosphere at Arsenal games and the tendency for people to leave so early, and I can't argue with them. It's a disgrace.

Fortunately when Citeh continue their spending spree in the next couple of windows and give players even bigger and more ludicrous contracts (even more so if they don't finish top 4 and feel the need to go even more mental next summer, I would LOVE that), Ade will again feel hard done by having probably scored a fair few goals this season. He'll then revert to type and sulk around on the pitch and tout himself to the highest bidder off the pitch. The Citeh faithful will then see him for the money-grabbing disloyal scumbag he is, while he will either accept this about himself or move to the next club in the belief lo and behold, Citeh fans aren't that dissimilar to Arsenal ones.

He is a total twat and good riddance to him, but he has a point to an extent. No smoke without fire and all that.......

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

You make a very good point. I have never understood the whole leaving early thing that people do. The way i see it, i have paid a hell of a lot of money to watch a game of football, and im going to see as much of it as i possibly can, regardless of whether were getting heavily beaten.

A lot of people say im stupid for paying all that money to watch a team that is arguably the worst in years, but my response is always the same, i am going to follow them be it when we are winning the league or fighting relegation.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

The two things - Adebayor's comments and the problem we have of some Arsenal fans leaving early - aren't related at all, in my opinion. The greedy one was just trying to have a pop at the fans he considered were disrespectful to him and didn't appreciate/adore him as much as he would have wanted!!

The comments were silly, immature and inaccurate; made in order to have a dig at gooners whilst ingratiating himself with the City fans. They are even more stupid when you consider he has gone to a club who never used to sell out their stadium yet suddenly have discovered a few extra thousand 'fans' who - given City's purchase of foreign stars - are more than likely to include those from other countries. Chances are that before then, those fans wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between 'Blue Moon' and Button Moon!! :oops: :roll: :lol: :wink:

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

excellent article. But i seriously doubt the greedy fcuk has any idea what he's talking about.

Its more likely the fans chanting his name now used to be liverpool or chav fans and have suddenly found voice on par with citeh's new riches.

I guarantee what he can't understand is how we turned on him so quickly, to go from chanting his name for most of a game to booing him even after he scores. Its typical behaviour of someone who thinks they can live off poor performance and a thin reputation.

he had one good season for us and a pretty poor ones either side, his attitude will eventually show through and he'll be b!tching about the city fans soon enough.

he's to the car crash, hey ade??

REB

Post by REB »

man city will implode and at some stage during a game and the *word censored* finds himself offside for the 40th time then he will feel the love from the man city fans :evil:

RedOli

Post by RedOli »

another thing: people continually questioning lack of silverware since 2005. Err..remember 1971-1989??!!

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

RedOli wrote:another thing: people continually questioning lack of silverware since 2005. Err..remember 1971-1989??!!
Yes I do, but somehow, you forget the F.A. Cup 1979 and Littlewoods Cup in 1987.... :roll: :?

SamiS

Post by SamiS »

franksav63 wrote:
RedOli wrote:another thing: people continually questioning lack of silverware since 2005. Err..remember 1971-1989??!!
Yes I do, but somehow, you forget the F.A. Cup 1979 and Littlewoods Cup in 1987.... :roll: :?
8 years till FA Cup, another 8 till Littlewoods and then 2 till the league...

we are currently only a coupla years on, not at the 8 stage yet...

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

Littlewoods cup FTW!