The "little club" Charter

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

The "little club" Charter

Post by SteveO 35 »

I see the Wolves fans have been receiving some sort of misplaced respect from the media and pundits for their vocal performance yesterday. Personally, and without wishing to sound like Simon Cowell, it was all too predictable.

There are 2 grounds this season - Wolves and Burnley - where the Charter of the Little Club should be posted on every turnstile entrance to the ground. The Charter reads as follows

1. The team should "get in Arsenal's faces" for the first 20 minutes mindlessly chasing shadows, sliding in with raised studs. Who cares - the ref never books you in the first part of the game. Anyway, Alan Shearer says this is the way to beat Arsenal so it must be true......

2. At this point, you the supporter, should scream excitedly at every opportunity. Throws in and corners in particularly should produce orgasmic moments.....

3. Whistle and boo every time Arsenal retain the ball

4. Should one of the attempts to scythe an Arsenal player in half be successful and the physio is employed to deal with a potentially serious injury start singing "Same old Arsenal, always cheating" (in the style of a 6 year old in a playground)

5. Boo that Eduardo at every opportunity. The Sun say he is a cheat and a rotter and we all know that he is the only player that would ever do that sort of thing....

6. When three goals down make sure that you claim some sort of moral victory for singing the loudest. Some particular gems to get you started:

"Ing-er-lund, Ing-er-lund, Ing-er-lund"
"Fuck all, you're gonna win fuck all" (the thicker the regional accent the better for this one...with the emphasis on thick please)
"Your support is fucking shit"
"We support our local team"

7. After getting stuffed out of sight make sure that you claim that only the "top four" get the benefit of the doubt from the refs and that if key incidents had gone your way it would have been a different story

8. Shout "WHO ?" when established Arsenal players get substituted on to the field whilst chuckling with your mates over your cracking sense of humour

9. When eventually relegated pretend that the Championship is a better division because everyone has a chance in the play offs and we get to sing "Ee-ay, ee-ay, ee-ay, ee-ay-o....up the football league we go" everywhere from Plymouth to Scunthorpe

Can anyone think of some additional terms of the Charter ?????

digger

Post by digger »

Fucking brilliant :lol:

You forgot that they always sing one of the following when there is a momentary lull in the away fans' singing.

"X - 0, and you still don't sing"
"Shall we sing this song for you"
or
"Your support is fucking shit / shite" (again depending on Northernness)

Other charters - for the commentators, comment on how "brilliant" the home support is, even if it's the away fans making noise.

REB

Post by REB »

fuck em all

we are the arsenal :twisted:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Get abusive when an Arsenal player is taking the throw-in and also challenge him to a fight so all your locals can see how tough you are :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

khalid_red wrote:Get abusive when an Arsenal player is taking the throw-in and also challenge him to a fight so all your locals can see how tough you are :lol:
Yeah I should have added that one. Hanging over the advertising board shouting "Wanker wanker" repeatedly when Fabregas is taking a corner is another rib-tickler

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

WHOlves? :twisted:

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

The home fans like a bunch of retards in unison shout ''handball'' when a ball hits one of ours above the knee.That always makes me chuckle,it makes wonder is there someone holding cue cards in there end and holds them up at the precise moment??

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Very nice.

One change I would suggest removing Burnley, who tried to take us on in a football match, playing an attacking style, last season. Might I suggest Hull, Blackburn, Bolton, Spurs, Man U instead?

Kevinho

Post by Kevinho »

Excellent SteveO.

I'd add the shouting of "Who Are Ya?" in the rare moment that the little club gets a goal against a big club, a sure sign of being small-time as anything out there.

Unfortunately the strength of this point is diluted by the fact that fans of The Arsenal (a genuine big club) also chant this at any fucking given opportunity. :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

4. Should one of the attempts to scythe an Arsenal player in half be successful and the physio is employed to deal with a potentially serious injury start singing "Same old Arsenal, always cheating" (in the style of a 6 year old in a playground)
makes me sick
"Fuck all, you're gonna win fuck all" (the thicker the regional accent the better for this one...with the emphasis on thick please)
"Your support is fucking shit"
"We support our local team"
Other charters - for the commentators, comment on how "brilliant" the home support is, even if it's the away fans making noise.
happens at every arsenal away match. It's so annoying I just want to fucking kill those pundit *word censored*!!!!!

:evil:
Quality list Stevo

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Post of the month(Maybe year) SteveO. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Nice one SteveO!

Must admit I had a chuckle at the commentator/pundits on the Man U v Blackburn game a week or so ago - in the build up to the match they, and the pundits were giving it the big one about how Sam Allardyce upsets the big boys, knows his stuff, get's his tactics right. Game starts and cue commentator starting again on how Allardyce knows how to handle the big teams, he said two or three times...I quote 'Sam is the man with the plan'......then in the very next breath, said 'Blackburn have lost their last 9 away games'
I pissed myself, some fecking plan that is then.......don't these retards realise what they're saying? :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Re: The "little club" Charter

Post by SteveO 35 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I see the Wolves fans have been receiving some sort of misplaced respect from the media and pundits for their vocal performance yesterday. Personally, and without wishing to sound like Simon Cowell, it was all too predictable.

There are 2 grounds this season - Wolves and Burnley - where the Charter of the Little Club should be posted on every turnstile entrance to the ground. The Charter reads as follows

1. The team should "get in Arsenal's faces" for the first 20 minutes mindlessly chasing shadows, sliding in with raised studs. Who cares - the ref never books you in the first part of the game. Anyway, Alan Shearer says this is the way to beat Arsenal so it must be true......

2. At this point, you the supporter, should scream excitedly at every opportunity. Throws in and corners in particularly should produce orgasmic moments.....

3. Whistle and boo every time Arsenal retain the ball

5. Boo that Eduardo at every opportunity. The Sun say he is a cheat and a rotter and we all know that he is the only player that would ever do that sort of thing....

6. When three goals down make sure that you claim some sort of moral victory for singing the loudest. Some particular gems to get you started:

"Fuck all, you're gonna win fuck all" (the thicker the regional accent the better for this one...with the emphasis on thick please) "Your support is fucking shit" "We support our local team"

7. After getting stuffed out of sight make sure that you claim that only the "top four" get the benefit of the doubt from the refs and that if key incidents had gone your way it would have been a different story

8. Shout "WHO ?" when established Arsenal players get substituted on to the field whilst chuckling with your mates over your cracking sense of humour

9. When eventually relegated pretend that the Championship is a better division because everyone has a chance in the play offs and we get to sing "Ee-ay, ee-ay, ee-ay, ee-ay-o....up the football league we go" everywhere from Plymouth to Scunthorpe

Can anyone think of some additional terms of the Charter ?????
Glad to be able to dig this one up again and add to the list. Stoke City - I find you guilty on the points highlighted above. May you enjoy a lifetime of winning "fook all" and getting all excited at the odd trip in fifty years to a proper ground

Dan_85

Re: The "little club" Charter

Post by Dan_85 »

SteveO 35 wrote:2. At this point, you the supporter, should scream excitedly at every opportunity. Throws in and corners in particularly should produce orgasmic moments.....
The "throw in a minute, you'll get a throw in a minute!" chant yesterday was quality :lol:

Rob

Post by Rob »

Wolves were actually top of the pile at the time our former Manager Billy Wright was playing for them. But that was before even I was born :D