Ditch Wenger's midgets and get Hiddink (1/12)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Ditch Wenger's midgets and get Hiddink (1/12)

Post by gooner.ed »

http://www.onlinegooner.com/exclusive/index.php?id=1408

just starting the thread for this one as the writer's last piece received a lot of feedback and i've highlighted that on the new piece on the main part of the website. so if you've any comments, the floor awaits you...

Titi2

Hiddink

Post by Titi2 »

What we need is a new No.2 who will stand up to AW (and hopefully teach this team how to defend) - step forward Martin Keown - and a Board that will start to get involved (in a positive way). Both need to start questioning AW and getting him to look at himself and at the palpable shortcomings of this team. If the combination of that means that AW resigns, then so be it. He cant stay forever, and will probably go anyway at the end of his current contract (18 months). What he has achieved already is part of the legend of AFC and nothing can take it away. But if none of the above happens, then we are absolutely guaranteed to have this season and next season as replicas of the last 3 seasons.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

What we need is everyone to chill out. Kroenke is taking over soon and the natural order will be restored.

And before I get slammed for encouraging us to take on a sackload of debt, apparently the cash will come from the sale of the Denver Nuggets NBA team.

That is the word on the street anyhow.

in my heart

Post by in my heart »

Very brave man this writer! I can't help but agree 100%. Wenger has the boards total support because they are slipping each other millions of pounds whilst getting rid of their threats for exchange of each other's shares. Wenger is guaranteeing them CL football (for the time being) and basically we are paying these overated show ponies salaries that they just do not deserve.
Our manager WILL NOT change this philosophy. He previously did this at Monaco after winning the league he dismantled and went for youth and was then sacked. We must demonstrate about the ticket prices/lack of quality transfers like the pro Wenger march that took place last season - or vote with our feet - if 30000 or 20000 people turned up twenty minutes late as a demonstartion about the current policies the board WILL notice and so will the manager.
I said it two years ago that Wenger has gone so far up his own arse that we as fans were going to suffer at the lack of investment. Don;t let the spin get you
FACT - we desperately needed a new centre back even if Toure stayed - so no new replacement
We have not replaced Adebuyor
We have not one natural leader
Walcott just is not good enough
Denilson should be playing for Fulham
Diaby for Bolton
Nasri should not be in the country
Rosicky is not the same
Sagna's crossing is that of sunday league standard
Our keeper is just fucking awfull (look at the 2nd goal)

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: Hiddink

Post by franksav63 »

Titi2 wrote:What we need is a new No.2 who will stand up to AW (and hopefully teach this team how to defend) - step forward Martin Keown - and a Board that will start to get involved (in a positive way). Both need to start questioning AW and getting him to look at himself and at the palpable shortcomings of this team. If the combination of that means that AW resigns, then so be it. He cant stay forever, and will probably go anyway at the end of his current contract (18 months). What he has achieved already is part of the legend of AFC and nothing can take it away. But if none of the above happens, then we are absolutely guaranteed to have this season and next season as replicas of the last 3 seasons.
I've been saying this for the last 2 seasons. Pat Rice, great bloke that he is, needs to be moved somewhere else within the club. We've already got Steve Bould at the club, make them switch roles, Steve Bould has more recent experience of playing at the top level, than Pat Rice has, and I believe would instill his defensive skills onto this players, and maybe, just maybe, give Wenger a different perspective than Rice can or does.

Herd

MOVE PAT RICE ??

Post by Herd »

Aint going to happen for the following reasons.
111)
PAT has a vital role to play putting out the cones like Staurt Houston used to do for George Graham.
222)
He scribbles things on peices of paper during games and deals with the subs,another vital role.
333)
He agrees with everything Arsene says........priceless

TA's the man for the Job,Bouldy would simply be another yes man and Keon isnt very tactically aware IMO.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: MOVE PAT RICE ??

Post by franksav63 »

Herd wrote:Aint going to happen for the following reasons.
111)
PAT has a vital role to play putting out the cones like Staurt Houston used to do for George Graham.
222)
He scribbles things on peices of paper during games and deals with the subs,another vital role.
333)
He agrees with everything Arsene says........priceless

TA's the man for the Job,Bouldy would simply be another yes man and Keon isnt very tactically aware IMO.
Oh... So he's at fault with our inept substitutions also... :cry: :cry: