HE'S 5'4 WE GOT ARSHAVIN, ADEBAYOR WILL SCORE MORE!!!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

HE'S 5'4 WE GOT ARSHAVIN, ADEBAYOR WILL SCORE MORE!!!!!

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

He didnt run!

He was lazy!

And took one in every 8 chances.

But i cant help but feel that his unothodox style of play, height and power.

A SPUD supporter made a very good point to me on monday!

"Arshavin..........looks unintrestested, not up for the fight, and someone who doesent seem to do much in games, he also sulks, and dosent have that threat factor like Adebayor.

The odds on Lazy scoring in games and a real goal threat is much higher then Andrei".

I didnt admit it to him, but i think he has point.

BUT IM HAPPY WE SOLD THE GIT!!!!!! CANT STAND THE MAN

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I was thinking the same on Sunday! :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Ade's gone but I really wish Arshavin would stop coasting along and get his season started... we are in December, after all!

I just don't think even the biggest of rosetinters would say Arshavin is giving 100%... talented, yes... match winner, yes... but I think we're seeing a glimpse as to why such an outrageous talent has remained in the relative backwaters of the Russian league for so, so long.

He needs to step up a few gears, as he has the talent to win us the Champions League... of that, I have no doubt.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

g88ner wrote:I was thinking the same on Sunday! :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Ade's gone but I really wish Arshavin would stop coasting along and get his season started... we are in December, after all!

I just don't think even the biggest of rosetinters would say Arshavin is giving 100%... talented, yes... match winner, yes... but I think we're seeing a glimpse as to why such an outrageous talent has remained in the relative backwaters of the Russian league for so, so long.

He needs to step up a few gears, as he has the talent to win us the Champions League... of that, I have no doubt.

Hopefully Wenger can find a way to make sure he is brought in to the game more to almost force him to impose his talent on the game, playing him out wide i think doesn't help, yes he has the talent to play there, but its far easier to hide out there than it is in the middle and i think he is prone to doing that.

Until he is played regularly in the Bergkamp role i don't think we will see the best of him, he is perfect for the role he has good vision, two great feet and he's quick, playing there will give him less opportunity to drift out of the game and i think it will improve his consistency no end.. i just hope Wenger can see that and do something to accommodate him there for AA's benefit and ours..

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

Bergkamp-Genius,i think you hit the nail on the head there mate,at zenit he played a Bergkamp role same with Russia but again Wenger has this notion that it's better to get players to play out of position?

The trouble is that wenger has got too many players for 1 position-Nasri,cesc,Arshavin,diarby but no real wingers and so wastes talent.With Arshavins control,vision and shooting ability he be great in the bergkamp role.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Couldn't agree more. Last season he was so threatening because he was more central. Against Liverpool, Blackburn and Birmingham he showed some outrageous vision, not to mention the goals.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

For Zenit & Russia he practically had the teams built around him I think. We shouldn’t go that far but it’s time to try AA in his favoured position behind a main striker - probably still Eduardo as things stand. It would mean moving Cesc back into what is currently Denilson’s role, but I don’t see why that would mean him playing too deep as some others do. He’d be no deeper than say Alonso was for the Scousers last year & he pulled all their strings & scored a few too no problem.

And in truth it wouldn’t even require a great change in formation. It’d pretty much still be the same 4-3-3 but with Arshavin as the most advanced midfielder the striker would get more effective support. And if need be at any time we could easily push him further forward & make it closer to an orthodox 4-4-2.

There’s minimal differences anyway between most formations in practice, which is why it’s so frustrating Wenger refuses to learn some frigging flexibility rather than setting his mind so rigidly on one precise system.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

of course he will always score more. he is a central striker. arshavin isn't. nothing to do, one another. not defending arshavin here, he is being a *word censored*, but i cannot compare them.

francis jeffers will have more career goals than baresi, but it doesn't mean he's better...

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

brazilianGOONER wrote:of course he will always score more. he is a central striker. arshavin isn't. nothing to do, one another. not defending arshavin here, he is being a c**t, but i cannot compare them.

francis jeffers will have more career goals than baresi, but it doesn't mean he's better...
That's too easy BG, At least the other comparison was between two "forward" players. You have to do a bit better than that.

I believe that Arshavin needs to get going AND needs to be played centrally. He has to take personal responsibility for his own level of performance, like the rest. They're all big boys now.

Oh...

:shock: :-P :wink:

digger

Post by digger »

marcengels wrote:I believe that Arshavin needs to get going AND needs to be played centrally. He has to take personal responsibility for his own level of performance, like the rest. They're all big boys now.
You cant accomodate him centrally in a 4-3-3... he's nowhere near powerful enough. The only postitions for him in a 4-3-3 are out in the wing (which he appears to hate), or in Cesc's position, which just ain't gonna happen.

He needs to man up and play for the team :cool:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

digger wrote:
marcengels wrote:I believe that Arshavin needs to get going AND needs to be played centrally. He has to take personal responsibility for his own level of performance, like the rest. They're all big boys now.
You cant accomodate him centrally in a 4-3-3... he's nowhere near powerful enough. The only postitions for him in a 4-3-3 are out in the wing (which he appears to hate), or in Cesc's position, which just ain't gonna happen.

He needs to man up and play for the team :cool:
Don't need to talk 4-3-3 and all that bollocks :-P Play the guy behind a central striker and Fabregas deeper. Dispense with Denilson as there seems little point in him being there. Job done.

I bet AW is feeling under pressure reading me. :lol:

digger

Post by digger »

If you play Fabregas deeper, say goodbye to his surging runs forward and all his through ball assists.... it boils down to who's better at the "attacking midfielder" position.... I'd say Cesc (sorry Bren!)

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

digger wrote:If you play Fabregas deeper, say goodbye to his surging runs forward and all his through ball assists.... it boils down to who's better at the "attacking midfielder" position.... I'd say Cesc (sorry Bren!)
Don't know, he's played deeper before and found playing thru balls not that difficult. And his surging runs? mmm, I think we have enough players to do that, and why should it be so difficult for him to do that as well? Fabregas should be looking to boss the midfield, and that means getting stuck in alongside Song.

Just have to look outside the box mate, don't get caught up in all this "he has to play here, he's only an attcking midfielder and needs 2 minders. :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

paly him in proper position and he'd score more. its such a waste having him on the wing

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

digger wrote:If you play Fabregas deeper, say goodbye to his surging runs forward and all his through ball assists.... it boils down to who's better at the "attacking midfielder" position.... I'd say Cesc (sorry Bren!)
He’d have less license to get so far forward but not exactly none. When Diaby plays that role he seems to have plenty of license to break forward, he just usually does fuck all with it. What we’d lose from Cesc in that role Arshavin could make up for - so long as he can actually be arsed. If anything he could more than make up for it cos he should be able to better support the striker given he’s more of a number 10 than Cesc, will probably play that bit slightly further forward & should be better accomplished at playing with his back to goal when need be.

Plus what we’d gain from having Cesc instead of Denilson/Diaby in that role would outweigh all that regardless. In some aspects Cesc should be better suited to playing slightly deeper cos the earlier he can get on the ball the easier it should be for him to pull the strings, rather than having to rely on Denilson to feed him the ball & invariably fail to do so.

Where we would lose out in my opinion is in what little solidity we have in the middle of the park. In that advanced role Cesc is far more likely to track back & make it a proper midfield 3 than Arshavin but in the majority of games against “weakerâ€

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:
He’d have less license to get so far forward but not exactly none. When Diaby plays that role he seems to have plenty of license to break forward, he just usually does fuck all with it. What we’d lose from Cesc in that role Arshavin could make up for - so long as he can actually be arsed. If anything he could more than make up for it cos he should be able to better support the striker given he’s more of a number 10 than Cesc, will probably play that bit slightly further forward & should be better accomplished at playing with his back to goal when need be.

Plus what we’d gain from having Cesc instead of Denilson/Diaby in that role would outweigh all that regardless. In some aspects Cesc should be better suited to playing slightly deeper cos the earlier he can get on the ball the easier it should be for him to pull the strings, rather than having to rely on Denilson to feed him the ball & invariably fail to do so.

Where we would lose out in my opinion is in what little solidity we have in the middle of the park. In that advanced role Cesc is far more likely to track back & make it a proper midfield 3 than Arshavin but in the majority of games against “weakerâ€