Arshavin wants a taller team too...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RaM

Arshavin wants a taller team too...

Post by RaM »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html

Like my alliteration there?

I agree with the tiny Russian by the way...obviously...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I would like to see a lot less talking and a lot more performing from that man.

(and the alliteration was a nice touch :wink:)

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Arshavin needs to shut the fuck up :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LDB wrote:Arshavin needs to shut the fuck up :evil:
Amen. 8)

I say put in a run of good games before shooting the yap off! :banghead:

CYGooner

Post by CYGooner »

Agreed. He is really starting to get on my nerves. Puts no effort in to the games we've had and then tells the manager where he needs to improve. One area is having the bollocks to drop AA and play someone who gives a shit!

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Well you know, Bendtner and Diaby will be back soon.

:worried: :worried: :worried:

augie

Post by augie »

In fairness lads ye need to get a grib here and look at things more clearly - arshavin is fcuking tiny (makes nasri and cesc look huge) and all 3 need a stronger physical presence alongside them to allow them to do what they do best cos we have far too many midgets in the team right now. Is he playing well this season ? No and that is something he has admitted in an interview last week but nobody said that he should shut up then when confessing to his poor form. It would also help significally if wenger actually played him in his best position which is as a 2nd striker instead of marooning him out on the wing but playing players in their best positions is an alien concept to wenger :roll: :evil:

ambarron

Post by ambarron »

augie wrote:In fairness lads ye need to get a grib here and look at things more clearly - arshavin is fcuking tiny (makes nasri and cesc look huge) and all 3 need a stronger physical presence alongside them to allow them to do what they do best cos we have far too many midgets in the team right now. Is he playing well this season ? No and that is something he has admitted in an interview last week but nobody said that he should shut up then when confessing to his poor form. It would also help significally if wenger actually played him in his best position which is as a 2nd striker instead of marooning him out on the wing but playing players in their best positions is an alien concept to wenger :roll: :evil:
While what you say is true lack of height and physical presence dosent explain his lack of workrate, poor touch, passing and just general poorness he has shown this season!!!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

ambarron wrote:
augie wrote:In fairness lads ye need to get a grib here and look at things more clearly - arshavin is fcuking tiny (makes nasri and cesc look huge) and all 3 need a stronger physical presence alongside them to allow them to do what they do best cos we have far too many midgets in the team right now. Is he playing well this season ? No and that is something he has admitted in an interview last week but nobody said that he should shut up then when confessing to his poor form. It would also help significally if wenger actually played him in his best position which is as a 2nd striker instead of marooning him out on the wing but playing players in their best positions is an alien concept to wenger :roll: :evil:
While what you say is true lack of height and physical presence dosent explain his lack of workrate, poor touch, passing and just general poorness he has shown this season!!!
I think he is honestly disconsolate with being played out of position, and probably wondering if he made the right decision to sign for the club. :cry:

ambarron

Post by ambarron »

goonersid wrote:
ambarron wrote:
is that acceptable??

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Acceptable no! Understandable yes!

augie

Post by augie »

All through the years we and every other club have had players who have been disillusioned at their clubs and why should arshavin be any different ? That is not to say that it is acceptable but the best players, the very best players, want to win and arshavin must be asking if he can acheive that with Arsenal :( It is common knowledge that he was on more money before he joined us so money aint his motivation and I for one dont blame he for feeling as disillusioned as many of the fans are but the difference is that he only has a small window of opportunity for the club to make positive moves forward while we are here for life

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

augie wrote:All through the years we and every other club have had players who have been disillusioned at their clubs and why should arshavin be any different ? That is not to say that it is acceptable but the best players, the very best players, want to win and arshavin must be asking if he can acheive that with Arsenal :( It is common knowledge that he was on more money before he joined us so money aint his motivation and I for one dont blame he for feeling as disillusioned as many of the fans are but the difference is that he only has a small window of opportunity for the club to make positive moves forward while we are here for life
Just like DB10 :lol:

Good post augie 8)

ambarron

Post by ambarron »

hmmmmm

far for me to be putting Rooney up as a great example but I remember Fergie saying how impressed he was with Rooneys willingness to play out of position out on the wing!!

understandeable maybe but while he is being paid VERY well to be at the Arsenal I would like to see a little more effort and a little less whinging!!

EC3

Post by EC3 »

Have to agree, growing tired of reading some of his daft comments.