Best Seats

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
kevstarkie

Best Seats

Post by kevstarkie »

Where does everyone think the ebst location in the stadium is for atmosphere. Last few times been in upper but don't think much of it. Even though I don't get to go that often I still like proper fans so to speak who create atmosphere. Was at the cup final in 05 and it was awesome, so was thinking about better seats for my next visit. Only a red member though so best ones might be sold out before they are become available to me.

PatRiceKnows

Post by PatRiceKnows »

The upper tier anywhere is absolute bollocks, its mainly for the tourists fans,

lower tier near the away section is a great laugh and the place u are most likely to get tickets as a silver.
mayb redaction if u can get on here or on ticket exchange

RaM

Post by RaM »

I was in Block 113 Saturday night. An American two rows in front actually asked: "Is Van Persie on the bench?" :shock:
Last edited by RaM on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

As mentioned previously near the Away fans (you get a bit of banter there), or in with RedAction lot. Avoid the upper Tiers, pricey and tend to be full of day trippers.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

RaM wrote:I was in Block 113 Saturday night. An Americantwo rows in front actually asked: "Is Van Persie on the bencjavascript:emoticon(':shock:')h?" :shock:
You sure he was American? :? Looks more like Polish to me. :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Is Van Persie on the bencjavascript:emoticon
I think it's just techo-speak.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

upper tiers not bad for the big games, less day trippers. but i have to sit upper tier i like the north upper blocks and being at the back. plenty of ST holders up there who like to make noise.

but blocks 4-13 are always a good shout, having said that ive sat in redaction and even then its been pants. i count on one hand the times the groves been rocking :cry:

RaM

Post by RaM »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
RaM wrote:I was in Block 113 Saturday night. An Americantwo rows in front actually asked: "Is Van Persie on the bencjavascript:emoticon(':shock:')h?" :shock:
You sure he was American? :? Looks more like Polish to me. :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Fixed. :wink:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Next to the away fans is indeed great for the banter & I enjoy being anywhere along the North Lower (blocks 4-14).

Try to avoid the upper as much as possible but there are areas up there which aren't too bad. Best experience i've had up there was when i was up above the Liverpool fans in 08, the game where greedy got sent off...

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

Dan_85 wrote:Next to the away fans is indeed great for the banter & I enjoy being anywhere along the North Lower (blocks 4-14).

Try to avoid the upper as much as possible but there are areas up there which aren't too bad. Best experience i've had up there was when i was up above the Liverpool fans in 08, the game where greedy got sent off...
agreed, anywhere near red action is the best...although block 3 was pretty dead the other day...maybe due to the cold.

projoe

Post by projoe »

im a red member and i mostly sit in the upper tier. the atmosphere is usually dead, but if you can get a seat between blocks 119-133, you may get some atmosphere, especially if you sit above the away fans.

on saturday i was block 95, row behind me were 2 everton fans (london accents, so could understand all the shit they were speaking, e.g saha is world class :blah: ), pienaar scored, they jump around like lunatics, man in the row to the side of them stood up and shouted "sit down the fuck down you c**ts", that shut them up nicely :lol:

digger

Post by digger »

RaM wrote:I was in Block 113 Saturday night. An American two rows in front actually asked: "Is Van Persie on the bench?" :shock:
Fucking tourists.... :lol:

I (almost) always sit in 24. Some of my favourite Arsenal games have been when I was in the last seat before the barrier - Everton was a bit shit, until we equalised and I got to take the piss out of all the dippers :barscarf: