Ryan Babel

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

I'm another one that thinks there is a real quality player in there waiting to be brought out..Rafa has, as he more often than not does with his creative players in particular ruined him.
We are just the sort of club he could flourish at. I don't think he is anything like Theo although he is quick he is far stronger and far more in control whilst in full flight and has much better technique, at worst he would be a good pacy option for the left side or for down the middle, but if his confidence should grow i think it's possible we could bring out the world class player in him..

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:Thanks IHH. I knew there was somebody out there who didn't think I'd lost my marbles!!
Pre Bin Dippers I would be with you on this
But.....the guy just cant cut the mustard....
Which is the same thing they were saying about Henry in his Juventus days. If you've got the goods, maybe it just needs the right man/team to bring them out. :lol: :wink:
Bit of a marked contrast that IHH

Henry came from the slower defence orientated Italian slowdance football to the fast pace of the EPL. It worked for him.
Babel has been in the said fast paced EPL for a while now....and hasnt exactly set fire to the world has he....

Third person Radford has my thoughts.....shit shit and more shit

augie

Post by augie »

Would much prefer kenwyne jones as a potential signing than babel and I couldnt understand the logic of that rumoured loan move to the scousers both from his own point of view and from sunderlands point of view :?

potter

Post by potter »

When and if someone manages to fathom Benitez the reason for Babbel's lacklustre displays may become clear. He looked good at Ajax and Had Bergkamp's seal of approval. If they are as strapped as rumoured and reports of a major falling out are true , a fatuous bid might be all it takes to get him and turn him round.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

augie wrote:Would much prefer kenwyne jones as a potential signing than babel and I couldnt understand the logic of that rumoured loan move to the scousers both from his own point of view and from sunderlands point of view :?
So would i, but i would have thought they would be asking for a lot more money for Jones than Liverpool would for Babel and you know there is little chance of scrooge getting the cheque book out for anything substantial, if at all..

Whilst thinking about possible signings i have finally learned to take into account who our manager is, so to ease the pain i tend to only seriously look in the Tesco end of the market and even then mostly at the special offers. :roll:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:Thanks IHH. I knew there was somebody out there who didn't think I'd lost my marbles!!
Pre Bin Dippers I would be with you on this
But.....the guy just cant cut the mustard....
Which is the same thing they were saying about Henry in his Juventus days. If you've got the goods, maybe it just needs the right man/team to bring them out. :lol: :wink:
Bit of a marked contrast that IHH

Henry came from the slower defence orientated Italian slowdance football to the fast pace of the EPL. It worked for him.
Babel has been in the said fast paced EPL for a while now....and hasnt exactly set fire to the world has he....

Third person Radford has my thoughts.....shit shit and more shit
Not sure that it is. Henry, like Babel, wasn't always selected, was played out of position and thus didn't perform well. His confidence dropped and he looked a waste of money at that time. That, as much as the style of play, was the reason he struggled. Under a manager that trusted and believed in him, Henry was a different player. I think the exact same thing has happened to Babel and a similar transformation could occur were he to move to Arsenal.

I agree that the Italian league is played at a different pace but I don't think Babel is struggling because he can't adapt to the speed of the Premier League. Like I said, played in the right position and with a manager that has faith in him Babel could turn out to be a very good, maybe even great player. He certainly has the attributes of pace, strength, good touch and mobility, which are the cornerstones of modern football and would suit our style of play.

For around the £8 - £10 million it would cost, I think it's a good gamble to take. Alas, we're unlikely to find that out as I can't see Wenger paying that sort of money for him.

:cry: :banghead: :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Ryan Babel??

Post by Nos89 »

A couple of years back before he moved to Anfield we were strongly linked with him and I remember an interview with Overmars in the Arsenal magazine in which he said that Babel will be better suited to our way of playing. I think he would do really well for us but not in January, sign him in the summer as he's low on confidence. We need to bring someone in who the players respect and who is playing well now, who can hit the ground running like Arshavin did last season.

CYGooner

Post by CYGooner »

I feel that if he had come to Arsenal instead of Liverpool Babel would be one of the best prospects in the premiership. He certainly would be more capable of being a long term suitor to Henry. Much more in common with him than theo (dont know why he was ever called the new Henry?). He'll be available on the cheap, and could prove to be a quality bit of business.

Herd

Babel

Post by Herd »

Im a fan of his pre Liverpool days ,the talent is there for sure and if hes less available @ 6 Million then let him come !

digger

Post by digger »

Depends how much Liverpool wanted. Anything more than about £7-8m they can fuck right off.

One thing in his favour, Babel is an Arsenal fan. He did an interview with Liverpool fans on twitter and said his favourite ground is AG, if he could manage any club he'd pick Arsenal.... :barscarf:

Although.... that dive.... :banghead:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

For the right money I think he could well be worth a punt.

The problem is the guy appears to have a very inflated ego and quite obviously doesn't mind being as disruptive as you like!

Not sure Arsene would be looking to add anyone to the squad that would rock the boat right now.

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

for less than 7 mill I would definitly. If Babel gets games at the right kind of club he can become 10x the player bendtner ever will!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

In irish edition of daily mirror small paragraph where it says rafa benitez wants to exchange ryan babel for senderos :? :?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:In irish edition of daily mirror small paragraph where it says rafa benitez wants to exchange ryan babel for senderos :? :?
Those Irish crack me up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g88ner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:In irish edition of daily mirror small paragraph where it says rafa benitez wants to exchange ryan babel for senderos :? :?
Those Irish crack me up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
And it was handball we should b there in the summer
:banghead: :banghead: