BOLTON HOME GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Simon wrote:Well I tend to be in the rose tinter camp, but I am seriously worried about Diaby.

Eduardo's lack of confidence is still a cause for concern, but I'm glad the supporters got behind him last night.

Arshavin - haven't seen too much of the class he's supposed to be known for lately.

Theo - who knows - apparently he stomped off very angry at the end of the game - anybody know anything about this? But please stop booing him - it's not going to help.

On the positive side, very good to see some creativity and a goal from the man formerly known as sick note, and good to see the team pull together in the face of adversity - some shades of the gritty Arsenal of yesteryear.
Think he had the hump that Arshavin didn't pass to him at the end.... (more than likely that) :?

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

franksav63 wrote:
Simon wrote:Well I tend to be in the rose tinter camp, but I am seriously worried about Diaby.

Eduardo's lack of confidence is still a cause for concern, but I'm glad the supporters got behind him last night.

Arshavin - haven't seen too much of the class he's supposed to be known for lately.

Theo - who knows - apparently he stomped off very angry at the end of the game - anybody know anything about this? But please stop booing him - it's not going to help.

On the positive side, very good to see some creativity and a goal from the man formerly known as sick note, and good to see the team pull together in the face of adversity - some shades of the gritty Arsenal of yesteryear.
Think he had the hump that Arshavin didn't pass to him at the end.... (more than likely that) :?
Did you see little Theo screaming at Andrei after he missed.

Have to say it was defended well.

Followed him for ages screaming at him. I think Theo has a point as it seemed selfish but that said I don't think Theo's got the right to follow a team mate. Question why yes, but not in the way Theo did.

Showed a little bit of two ego's! :roll:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Boomer wrote:
franksav63 wrote:

Did you see little Theo screaming at Andrei after he missed.

Have to say it was defended well.

Followed him for ages screaming at him. I think Theo has a point as it seemed selfish but that said I don't think Theo's got the right to follow a team mate. Question why yes, but not in the way Theo did.

Showed a little bit of two ego's! :roll:
Yes, he had a point, but he was squealing at him, like a demented circus monkey.... to Arshavin's back, as soon as Arshavin turned around, he shutted the fuck up... :?

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

That's what I mean it was valid to question why? but to the extent that Theo did?
If it was say RVP or God (Fab4) I'd want to see Andrey appologise. As it was Theo....well he'd only miss! :roll: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Maybe when Theo contributes a tenth of what AA23 has he can earn the right to have a go... until then shut the fuck up Theo and go run aimlessly at that corner flag. Then hurt your ribs. :roll:

:wink:

Wish the fucking booing would stop though. How childish is it? Very. And not likely to help the lad or the team. :roll: :oops:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Boomer wrote:That's what I mean it was valid to question why? but to the extent that Theo did?
If it was say RVP or God (Fab4) I'd want to see Andrey appologise. As it was Theo....well he'd only miss! :roll: :lol:
Exactly.... I said that after the game, that he'd probably blazed the ball over... :lol:

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

I didn't hear any booing.

Theo does sound like he's becoming an arrogant little runt though.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

hatemanu99 wrote:I didn't hear any booing.

Theo does sound like he's becoming an arrogant little runt though.
Yeah, what booing DB?

If anything Theo was being called for from the 60th from the stands.
Personally, I felt I was own my own thinking "yeah, great :roll: A player to run at full pelt into the defender. That's what we need right now.

And well put DB, that what I was trying to say. Andrey should have squared it so Theo was right to question. However, theo hasn't earn the right to have a go.

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

I think that AW needs to make sure it that little spat between AA and TW does not escalate as has some have mentioned TW seems to be getting a little too big for his boots. We need everyone pulling in the same direction now more than ever.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I think some people are making massive assumptions based on a player's disappointment at not receiving an obvious pass!!! Most, if not all footballers would have been vexed at not receiving the ball when clean through and in space. To then castigate Theo - regardless (and probably because) of how you might rate him as an individual player - and accuse him of developing a big ego because of it is more than harsh. :shock: :?

As for any booing of Theo - come on people, get a grip here!!!! :roll: :oops: Save the boos for those that really deserve it!!! :roll: :banghead: :lol: :wink:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I Hate Hleb wrote:I think some people are making massive assumptions based on a player's disappointment at not receiving an obvious pass!!! Most, if not all footballers would have been vexed at not receiving the ball when clean through and in space. To then castigate Theo - regardless (and probably because) of how you might rate him as an individual player - and accuse him of developing a big ego because of it is more than harsh. :shock: :?

As for any booing of Theo - come on people, get a grip here!!!! :roll: :oops: Save the boos for those that really deserve it!!! :roll: :banghead: :lol: :wink:
Who's been booing Theo? I haven't heard any? When was this!? :?

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:I think some people are making massive assumptions based on a player's disappointment at not receiving an obvious pass!!! Most, if not all footballers would have been vexed at not receiving the ball when clean through and in space. To then castigate Theo - regardless (and probably because) of how you might rate him as an individual player - and accuse him of developing a big ego because of it is more than harsh. :shock: :?

Fuck it why not? They do it in horse racing all the time. Turns some of those horses into champion geldings. :wink: 8) :lol:

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

yeah it was an obvious pass, but I don't know not exactly been playing much lately been off buying 140k cars for his missus and endorsing kids books...just saying maybe it might be going to his head a little bit - and if that AW would do well to make sure it does not escalate into anything more than being pissed off about not being passed to

yeah I don't know about this booing, I didn't hear anyone booing him

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

There was no booing of Theo 'xs 2 last night... :?

BT

Post by BT »

Ah if it had been Adebayor instead of Arshavin, everyone would be criticising him. Thought AA was quite rude not to at least acknowledge Theo at all after he missed, actually. Think theo was remonstrating so much as AA didnt even gesture a sorry.

Though theo then went and moaned to Billy who told him to get on with it. Sol does mention in his interview that Walcott 'has come out of his shell'...