Am i wrong?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Am i wrong?

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

For two seasons a friend of mine has held two season tickets in the upper tier. Now this is an issue i dont like, but every BIG game such as United Pool, Chav, Spuds and even West Ham he sells them to other people, i never get a sniff. However, he rarely is able to sell any of the other tickets as people are not wanting to pay his prices. I go out of my way, even though i dont need to take the tickets I sell them every match.

I asked him if i could take the two Liverpool tickets, but he said they were sold....i felt like....well...where are these people when you want to sell your Hull, Wigan, Sunderland, Blackburn etc etc tickets.....

Now i know they are his tickets...and i have no devine right to question him, but without my contacts he would be short of selling two tickets on at least a dozen matches per season. Am i wrong to question him? I asked him if the person he sold the Liverpool tickets was someone who just wanted that one game, he told me that all his big game tickets go to this guy..........so.....do i say stick it...sell your tickets to big game buyer...all of them...or just stomach it....?

Bollocks

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

there comes a point Sammy when you realise that a lot of people are taking the piss and this "mate" of yours seems to fall into that category, i would let him stew for a few months and not bother taking his tickets for the cat B and lower games until he realises what has happened and if he doesn't come to this conclusion himself you may have to spell it out in big capital letters.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

If he is selling these main Cat A, for over the odds, then.... he should be put on the *word censored* Thread in the basement.

It's a hard one this Sammy, is he your only hope for tickets for the lower catergory games? :? :?

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

franksav63 wrote:If he is selling these main Cat A, for over the odds, then.... he should be put on the c**t Thread in the basement.

It's a hard one this Sammy, is he your only hope for tickets for the lower catergory games? :? :?
:coffeespit:

Trying to get the ratio down Frank?

:lol:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

marcengels wrote:
franksav63 wrote:If he is selling these main Cat A, for over the odds, then.... he should be put on the c**t Thread in the basement.

:coffeespit:

Trying to get the ratio down Frank?

:lol:
Yes, of course, you know me so bleeding well... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Unless the guy is a close friend, if you don't get anything out of the arrangement, not even tickets for the occasional 'big' match, then I don't see why you would continue with it. Then again, if he were a close friend, you should be able to pull him up about it and he should be sensitive to your feelings on this matter. 8) :lol: :wink:

CYGooner

Post by CYGooner »

Definitely taking the piss. No time for people who only go to big games (on the other side, looking at the person he sells to) mainly as when I couldnt get tickets often Id take youth cup tickets just to watch The Arsenal.

You should definitely warrant at least first refusal if your helping him out with selling the "lesser games". Would be a shame for you not to make any games though by telling him to do one.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I don't think that Sammy relies on this guy for match tickets. He does it as a favour. :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Tell him to do one - if he was a good friend he wouldnt shit on you like this anyway :roll: Does he actually go to any games himself or is this purely an earner for him ? :?

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

No way are you wrong mate, it does look like he's taking the piss. As the boss said 8) If he's a close mate, just have a little chat with him, because the cat.B matches you're there to help him out.

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

just tell him you can't sell the tickets...

i thought you worked at the stadium anyways? :?

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Your putting your own pain before his gain mate. Tell him to do one in whatever way you feel happy about, he is taking the piss.... :banghead:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Personally I think the guy is a fucking disgrace. If he is selling his tickets on for maximum gain then he needs to be reported to the club and have his membership revoked. There are people on that waiting list that would actually use them. I have no issue with people that sometimes cannot attend so they let them on to others. That's fair enough but it seems like it is a business for this chump.
We've all seen the prices on these internet sites for our big home games. £200-£300 is not at all uncommon yet tourists still buy them. You only have to sell them for four games a year and you've covered your cost for the season. The rest is pure profit. It's *word censored* like that that are creating the market and subjecting the rest of us to higher ticket prices.
If you don't want to report him then just give me his name, I'll do it :evil:

digger

Post by digger »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Personally I think the guy is a fucking disgrace. If he is selling his tickets on for maximum gain then he needs to be reported to the club and have his membership revoked. There are people on that waiting list that would actually use them. I have no issue with people that sometimes cannot attend so they let them on to others. That's fair enough but it seems like it is a business for this chump.
We've all seen the prices on these internet sites for our big home games. £200-£300 is not at all uncommon yet tourists still buy them. You only have to sell them for four games a year and you've covered your cost for the season. The rest is pure profit. It's c**ts like that that are creating the market and subjecting the rest of us to higher ticket prices.
If you don't want to report him then just give me his name, I'll do it :evil:
What he said.

I occasionally lend my membership out for mates who struggle to get tickets, but they pay face value, I wouldn't charge a penny more (and usually lose money on the booking fee :banghead: )

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Thing is i dont need the tickets, and i dont get them for my own personal use. I get them for friends who live down here on the south coast who want to see the occasional game due to work and family pressures.

So on a personal issue it makes no diffference to me whether the tickets are sold or not. The thing is my friend has been just that for over 20 years so you would think he would sort me out with the bigger games. I even asked him if he was willing to sell both his ST's to me so i could use them as i do now but with the bigger games.

I spoke to him after i posted this thread and he came out with the following. "I sold the Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and West Ham tickets before the season began, i have to make my money back somehow"

Well all i can say is this. For the game against Everton, he asked me to sell his tickets for £50 each. i got buyers. For the Celtic match he asked to sell his tickets for £60, i got buyers. For the Man Utd CL match last season he asked me (the only time for Grade A) if i could sell tickets for £100 each...yes i got buyers....for Bolton he wants £35....makes you think dont it....he aint got a buyer.

I have decided to use him further as Frank it is really the only option i have got with regards two together in the upper. However, i wont be busting a gut to sell them. Tomorrow night vs Bolton.....i have told him no buyers...he was suprised