12 months ago...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

12 months ago...

Post by Nos89 »

12 months ago Bendtner and Song were a waste of space which many on this forum wanted us to get rid of. Now we are crying out for Bendtner to return from injury and Cameroon to get knocked out of the ACN as soon as possible.

Have they improved that much or have we as supporters lowered our standards and expectations?

marcengels

Re: 12 months ago...

Post by marcengels »

Nos89 wrote:12 months ago Bendtner and Song were a waste of space which many on this forum wanted us to get rid of. Now we are crying out for Bendtner to return from injury and Cameroon to get knocked out of the ACN as soon as possible.

Have they improved that much or have we as supporters lowered our standards and expectations?
Song has improved - he has got his arse into gear and started using the strength he has. It's taken a while.

bendtner is more a case of the strong belief that AW will not buy, therefore we need all available. Plus, a bit of rose-tinted absence makes the heart grow fonder :oops:

8)

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

marcengels wrote:
Nos89 wrote:12 months ago Bendtner and Song were a waste of space which many on this forum wanted us to get rid of. Now we are crying out for Bendtner to return from injury and Cameroon to get knocked out of the ACN as soon as possible.

Song has improved - he has got his arse into gear and started using the strength he has. It's taken a while.

bendtner is more a case of the strong belief that AW will not buy, therefore we need all available. Plus, a bit of rose-tinted absence makes the heart grow fonder :oops:

8)
A while? He's played a lot less than Denilson and in every aspect poops all over him.

Remember stating on here that Song was our best dm option a year ago. There were a few who shot me down for having that opinion. Seem to have changed their view recently though. (boasting) :lol: 8) :wink:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

tinpot lane wrote:
marcengels wrote:

8)
A while? He's played a lot less than Denilson and in every aspect poops all over him.

Remember stating on here that Song was our best dm option a year ago. There were a few who shot me down for having that opinion. Seem to have changed their view recently though. (boasting) :lol: 8) :wink:
Yes, a while...as in an elongated period of time. After all, he was poo in 2006, and only started showing decent form at the end of last season.

A while.

:roll: 8)

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

marcengels wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:
marcengels wrote:

8)

Yes, a while...as in an elongated period of time. After all, he was poo in 2006, and only started showing decent form at the end of last season.

A while.

But he was only given a consistent run of first team football at the beginning of last season? :? Before then he was never really given the opportunity to perform.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

tinpot lane wrote:
marcengels wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:
marcengels wrote:

8)

A while.

But he was only given a consistent run of first team football at the beginning of last season? :? Before then he was never really given the opportunity to perform.
Because he didn't play very well/wasn't ready/whatever.

What aspect of "a while" do you not understand?

Flamini got in ahead of him in 2007/08. In 2008/09 he was playing sometimes at centre-back.

It has taken him a while, since he first joined us. Now he is playing better than he played before. What more can I say...I want his children?

:wink:

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

marcengels wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:
marcengels wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:
marcengels wrote: Song has improved - he has got his arse into gear and started using the strength he has. It's taken a while.

8)

A while.

Because he didn't play very well/wasn't ready/whatever.

What aspect of "a while" do you not understand?

Flamini got in ahead of him in 2007/08. In 2008/09 he was playing sometimes at centre-back.

It has taken him a while, since he first joined us. Now he is playing better than he played before. What more can I say...I want his children?

:wink:
Still isn't a while is it? :?

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

tinpot lane wrote:Still isn't a while is it? :?
:lol: :lol:

Better stick to "bigging up" the away support tl.

It's a while since you did.

:lol: :wink:

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

Precisely what i expect from someone who has very little interest in their club. Coz unlike you some of our members actual support our team and follow them throughout the country and abroad. Better men & women than you or me, and that's a fact. 8)

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

unless bender comes back a new player i'd rather he just keep that seat warm!

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

tinpot lane wrote:Precisely what i expect from someone who has very little interest in their club. Coz unlike you some of our members actual support our team and follow them throughout the country and abroad. Better men & women than you or me, and that's a fact. 8)
How much interest do I have? Can you measure it? Let me know with your analysis and proof - Thanks!

If you show me a list of grounds that you've been to in England and abroad following Arsenal, then I'll show you mine. I think mine is bigger :oops: :D Just because I criticise something doesn't mean I'm not part of it.

There are many better men and women in this world than me - SamiS for one

:lol: 8)

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

tinpot lane wrote:Precisely what i expect from someone who has very little interest in their club. Coz unlike you some of our members actual support our team and follow them throughout the country and abroad. Better men & women than you or me, and that's a fact. 8)
That's exactly the type of comment that is making this place less inviting as each day goes by. My dick is bigger than your dick or I'm a better supporter than you. It's fucking childish and has no place on an adult forum. Either grow up or fuck off to arse.com where your supporting prowess will be truly recognised.

Note to forum members, yes all of you!

I'm getting tired of people constantly bitching against each other on here. This didn't happen until about a year ago when we got a mass exodus from other forums. Try to remember what it was about this place that attracted you to it and stop trying to make it like those you all deserted.
Last edited by SPUDMASHER on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

digger

Post by digger »

More importantly. TL... I could watch your signature all day. Fucking brilliant! :barscarf:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I have happy with Song for quite some tome now and I think he has proven a lot of people wrong.

Bendtner though will never be a 20 goals per season centre forward in the PL in my eyes.

I will be happy if I am proved wrong but I just do not see us scoring enough goals to be genuine title contenders if he was leading the line for a whole season.

:?

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Percy Dalton wrote:I have happy with Song for quite some tome now and I think he has proven a lot of people wrong.

Bendtner though will never be a 20 goals per season centre forward in the PL in my eyes.

I will be happy if I am proved wrong but I just do not see us scoring enough goals to be genuine title contenders if he was leading the line for a whole season.

:?
I have to agree, but he is a centre forward that plays mostly wide on the wing. Arshavin is living on his 4 goals at Pool still TBH at the moment he is a waste of space and most of the time looks disinterested.