please give what you can

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
brazilianGOONER

please give what you can

Post by brazilianGOONER »

when i saw this image on the arsenal site, i thought it was some campaign to raise money for a new striker :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I too have trouble finding my house after 6 Aftershocks..... :drunk:

brazilianGOONER

TeeCee wrote:I too have trouble finding my house after 6 Aftershocks..... :drunk:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

TeeCee wrote:I too have trouble finding my house after 6 Aftershocks..... :drunk:

You're gonna go straight to hell for that one :wink:

On a more serious note, isn't it good to see the club doing this. I wonder how many others will now follow suit then take a load of credit for it. This is what I like about our great club. This is what we mean when we talk about Arsenal having a bit of class that other clubs lack. Maybe it is the 'Old Etonian' aspect of our board that seperates us in many ways from other clubs. We pioneered the poppy on the shirt last year, got fuck all credit for it (because we didn't seek any) then other clubs did it this year and everyone said how great they were. Yet another occasion that 'The Arsenal' are the trendsetters not the sheep.

Bravo :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

SPUDMASHER wrote:

On a more serious note, isn't it good to see the club doing this. I wonder how many others will now follow suit then take a load of credit for it. This is what I like about our great club. This is what we mean when we talk about Arsenal having a bit of class that other clubs lack. Maybe it is the 'Old Etonian' aspect of our board that seperates us in many ways from other clubs. We pioneered the poppy on the shirt last year, got fuck all credit for it (because we didn't seek any) then other clubs did it this year and everyone said how great they were. Yet another occasion that 'The Arsenal' are the trendsetters not the sheep.

i've seen more than one article in brazil regarding arsenal's great efforts on charity work and things like that. it's a shame people don't recognize it over there :?

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Yet another occasion that 'The Arsenal' are the trendsetters not the sheep.

Bravo
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
C'mon Spuddy you missed a perfect opportunity for a pun there.
SPUDMASHER wrote:Yet another occasion that 'The Arsenal' are the trendsetters not the sheep.

Baaah-vo :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:lol: :wink: :lol:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Hope they also do something similar and add something (unique) to the next shirt in appeal. Someone did that this week removing there sponsor in place of an appeal.

Vince

Post by Vince »

I thought it was a tits thread :banghead:

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Boomer wrote:Hope they also do something similar and add something (unique) to the next shirt in appeal. Someone did that this week removing there sponsor in place of an appeal.
West Brom did it Monday night. Nice touch that

brazilianGOONER

Vince wrote:I thought it was a tits thread :banghead:
that can be solved very quickly... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

hatemanu99 wrote:
Boomer wrote:Hope they also do something similar and add something (unique) to the next shirt in appeal. Someone did that this week removing there sponsor in place of an appeal.
West Brom did it Monday night. Nice touch that
That was it! ta!
The red kit in my mind confused me as they were away of course!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Our boys carried around a shirt at the end of tonight asking us to give some dosh. I've done it as I'm sure you all have. 8)

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

I thought it WAS our new Striker :roll:

brazilianGOONER

Chippy wrote:Our boys carried around a shirt at the end of tonight asking us to give some dosh. I've done it as I'm sure you all have. 8)
i have probably mentioned here before that my girlfriend 'supports' liverpool. well, i was donating a few of our clothes to brazil's haiti support group, and while she was not looking i threw her liverpool shirt in there :lol: :lol: :lol:

but then i removed it. poor haitians, they deserve better :wink:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:

i've seen more than one article in brazil regarding arsenal's great efforts on charity work and things like that. it's a shame people don't recognize it over there :?
Its as I always say;

We're the arsenal and we're fucking class