NOT ARSENAL STANDARD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

NOT ARSENAL STANDARD

Post by REB »

DIABY
ALMUNIA
EDUARDO
DENILSON
BENDTNER
CLICHY

we as a team have surpassed ourselves to be still in with a shout of a title coming into jan and with 3 wins in our next 3 games might even go on to have a real say in this years title but by fuck have we some really overrated and vastly overpaid players in our first 11 :cry:

i really hope im wrong and these players go on in the next 4 months and do the job for us but fuck me they are just not good enouh for a team that wants to win the league and or champions league.

feel free to disagree :wink:

CYGooner

Post by CYGooner »

I agree about Almunia and Denilson, but..

Clichy has been playing at a high standard for years, so you would hope his form of late is just a blip.

Diaby has had an unprecedented 5-6 games in a row where he has looked like a valuable asset to the squad at least, maybe not the first team.

Eduardo has been unfortunate I feel, keeps picking up niggles, does look to have lost a bit of pace, feel he should be judged at the end of the season if he gets a run of games.

With Bendtner I feel we have yet to see the best of him, he really blows hot and cold and will either play really well, or really bad. I have a good feeling that he will come good, now would be a better time than ever to prove his worth to the team!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Walcott, Vela, Fabianski, Silvestre.....the list goes on. And to think most of those we've mentioned have been "rewarded" with bumper new contracts of late. Fucking hell. I really don't know we're in contention in the league. Well actually I do, it's our captain almost single handedly dragging us there.

CYGooner

Post by CYGooner »

I do think you can sometimes see in Fabregas' body language that he is thinking, "what the fuck am I playing with here?". He really has been brilliant this year, and seems to be getting better every game, if we hold on to him for a season or 2 more we would be very lucky

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

I know its Thursday lunchtime, lets all have a moan!! :lol:

Bendtner looked good when he came on last night, he brings people into play well and will hopefully (as we need him too) hit the ground running.

Clichy is fine, having a poor season and if Gibbs was fit he would be pushing him hard but its a bit of an overreaction to say "not arsenal standard"

Diaby is having a good season - Jury is still out but there is something there.

Eduardo does so much more than a "poacher" he has a good touch and has a great assist record - we do need more goals from him and fingers crossed they come. He hasnt been the same since the injury thats for sure - but again "not arsenal standard" is not acurate for me.

Cant diagree with Vela - he needs to step up, and quickly.

Denilson is a squad player doing a good job, people are way to harsh with him.

Walcott I would sell in a heartbeat myself.

I don't buy into the "cesc is worried by whats around him" claptrap - he is a player the same as everyone else - we had to carry him last season when he was below standard at times. We have a fine squad (that does need a few new faces granted) - the way you lot go on sometimes if people didnt know anything about us you'd assume we were 16th!

Remember this is the team that was supposed to struggle to get 4th this year from some quaters!

It was a good point last night, we need a win Sunday if we are going to challenge thats for sure. Stop whinging you lot, you remind me of Neville :wink: :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

us realists need a moan every now and again.

its keeps us from getting our hopes up too much :wink:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

REBEL GOONER wrote:us realists need a moan every now and again.

its keeps us from getting our hopes up too much :wink:
haha, i know, we actually have something similar - ive been walking round the house singing "Song is coming home" for a good few days now :wink:

The tough fortnight started with a good point - we need 7 or 8 to stay in the hunt. Im so up for Sunday, Ive got a good feeling! (shocker) !!

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

CYGooner wrote:I agree about Almunia and Denilson, but..

Clichy has been playing at a high standard for years, so you would hope his form of late is just a blip.

Diaby has had an unprecedented 5-6 games in a row where he has looked like a valuable asset to the squad at least, maybe not the first team.

Eduardo has been unfortunate I feel, keeps picking up niggles, does look to have lost a bit of pace, feel he should be judged at the end of the season if he gets a run of games.

With Bendtner I feel we have yet to see the best of him, he really blows hot and cold and will either play really well, or really bad. I have a good feeling that he will come good, now would be a better time than ever to prove his worth to the team!
totally agree fella/miss

CYGooner

Post by CYGooner »

mrgnu1958 wrote:
CYGooner wrote:I agree about Almunia and Denilson, but..

totally agree fella/miss
Just to confirm to you **** I am a fella, and unfortunately cannot become a member of your hareem lol.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

oh well........................next please. :lol:

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Harsh as it is I think Eddie has lost it. How many assists has he ACTUALLY made? He doesn't do as much as a front player should IMO. Zero pace and zero threat. Vidic/Terry could play him blindfolded.

Denilson is simply not good enough. The fact he manages to score from 25 yards every few games completely glosses over the fact he a) loses possession innumerable times; b) can't tackle; and (particularly after witnessing stoke's 2nd) c) is a fcuking lazy *word censored*.

Walcott is the most over-rated player I think I've ever seen. Although why Wenger doesn't stick him on the left and get Arshavin to play right-side is beyond me, Walcott clearly is better on the left as he cuts in and shoots rather than crossing the ball out of play from the right.

Bendtner is an absolute pile of sh1t. His touch is as heavy as one of those massive balls on a crane they use to demolish buildings with. Quite literally. And he's afraid to shoot, which is strange considering what a cocky twat he is.

Almunia is quite simply a liability. Like a woman trying to reverse-park a 4x4 - an accident waiting to happen.

I like Diaby, who is beginning to realise some of the potential we all knew he had. Clichy is a very good player having a bad season in fairness. And he's only come back from injury so his form will pick up I'm sure. It's galling to think that when Cole left Clichy's stock was very much on the rise and until his injury last season was perhaps Cole's equal, but to see Cashley playing the way he is now hurts to say the least.

CYGooner

Post by CYGooner »

I think Ive said before on here. But I personally think now (this season, not in the next few games) is the time to play him down the middle. He doesnt have the intelligence to play out wide, and create chances for his teammates, but in the middle could run on to balls, and have a dig at goal as he clearly has the pace to get in behind.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Agreed CY, must be worth a pop down the middle when the alternatives are AA and Eddie. Then again Wenger must have tried that in training and seen he's sh1t there too??

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

AND we are still 2 points behind the leader. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:roll:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

can someone provide the assists for eduardo?

hes here for 5 more years so i hope there good, he doesnt score, hold it up or run so he must have a saving grace

re clichy, he was poor last year two, and has not improved at all. he is like the monty panesar of arsenal started off at decent level but not come on at all.