NOT ARSENAL STANDARD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
Number 5 wrote:
Percy Dalton wrote:I know I knock Bendtner, and it is for his attittude in the main, but I would sincerely love to see the guy do well for us.

He has all the attributes to be a fnatstic centre forward but he has to add goals to his CV. Otherwise he becomes the Danish Heskey.

Unfortunately Bendtner seems to think he has made it already and it's that mindset that usualy leads to a player sitting on his laurels and becoming lazy which is often a just criticism of Nick's performances.

8)
I would say he lacks one of, if not the most, key elements needed to make a fantastic centre forward. A decent first touch.

As an example against Villa after he came on, the ball broke to him, his first touch went about 15 yards in front of him and the Villa player got in front of him. So the chance of a fast counter attack was lost almost as soon as it began.

Bendtner cannot be taught to correct this. You either have it or you don't, so as long as we play balls either to his head or chest we'll be fine. Anything along the floor and it's a long ass 90 minutes watching NB.
you are completely out of your mind. bendtner has one of the best first touches in our squad. he is not a very technical player, but his first touch is quality.
I don't think he has got one of the best first touches in our squad BG - there are some with worse but there are plenty with better IMO.

Charlie! Charlie!

Boomer wrote:
Number 5 wrote:
Percy Dalton wrote:I know I knock Bendtner, and it is for his attittude in the main, but I would sincerely love to see the guy do well for us.

He has all the attributes to be a fnatstic centre forward but he has to add goals to his CV. Otherwise he becomes the Danish Heskey.

Unfortunately Bendtner seems to think he has made it already and it's that mindset that usualy leads to a player sitting on his laurels and becoming lazy which is often a just criticism of Nick's performances.

8)
I would say he lacks one of, if not the most, key elements needed to make a fantastic centre forward. A decent first touch.

As an example against Villa after he came on, the ball broke to him, his first touch went about 15 yards in front of him and the Villa player got in front of him. So the chance of a fast counter attack was lost almost as soon as it began.

Bendtner cannot be taught to correct this. You either have it or you don't, so as long as we play balls either to his head or chest we'll be fine. Anything along the floor and it's a long ass 90 minutes watching NB.
You'll find that was due to ring-rust. Usually it's good He did have several good touches but we only tend to only notice the negative. He's got a better first touch then Adebayor.
Personally, I noticed he held onto the ball longer then he should.
So have I!

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Boomer wrote:
Number 5 wrote:

8)

You'll find that was due to ring-rust. Usually it's good He did have several good touches but we only tend to only notice the negative. He's got a better first touch then Adebayor.

Personally, I noticed he held onto the ball longer then he should.
Sounds like a nasty injury doesn't it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I bet DB10slop has had that before :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Number 5 wrote:
I don't think he has got one of the best first touches in our squad BG - there are some with worse but there are plenty with better IMO.
I'll call your bluff....name them! :lol:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

SPUDMASHER wrote: I bet DB10slop has had that before :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlie! Charlie!

Boomer wrote:
Number 5 wrote:
RVP, Cesc, Ramsey, Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin, Wilshere, Merida off the top of my head? :wink:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Boomer wrote:
Number 5 wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't write that. :wink:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Charlie! Charlie! wrote:
Boomer wrote:
Number 5 wrote:
RVP, Cesc, Ramsey, Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin, Wilshere, Merida off the top of my head? :wink:
you are being unfair. i think only rvp has a similar first touch to his.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Charlie! Charlie! wrote:
Boomer wrote:
Number 5 wrote:
I see you go for the skillful players first....... :lol:
Bendtner was after that lot, wasn't he! :lol:

Charlie! Charlie!

brazilianGOONER wrote:
Charlie! Charlie! wrote:
Boomer wrote:
Number 5 wrote:
you are being unfair. i think only rvp has a similar first touch to his.
Its all about opinions me old fruit - if you think Nik has got a better touch than all except RvP I just dont see it!
Last edited by Charlie! Charlie! on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Charlie! Charlie!

Boomer wrote:
Charlie! Charlie! wrote:
Boomer wrote:
Number 5 wrote:
I see you go for the skillful players first....... :lol:
Bendtner was after that lot, wasn't he! :lol:
Just after Theo. :wink:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

If Bendtners first touch isn't with his head or chest it's 5-10 yards away from him.

He has a terrible first touch. I promise you. Watch for it next time he plays. No ring rust bullshit, I've notice from the first time I saw him play back at Highbury against Reading in the CC. Then I put it down to nerves or youth. But he hasn't improved.

Next game he plays. Then come and tell me I'm wrong.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

I note there are people on here saying Bendtner's first touch is good. Have we signed a relation to Nik? Cos Nik Bendtner's first touch is fcuking awful. Fact.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

my goodness, we are not talking about the same nicklas bendtner.

Charlie! Charlie!

Number 5 wrote:If Bendtners first touch isn't with his head or chest it's 5-10 yards away from him.

He has a terrible first touch. I promise you. Watch for it next time he plays. No ring rust bullshit, I've notice from the first time I saw him play back at Highbury against Reading in the CC. Then I put it down to nerves or youth. But he hasn't improved.

Next game he plays. Then come and tell me I'm wrong.
Don't they say when talking about old pro's that the legs may go but you never lose your touch? I subsrcribe to players looking slow after a long lay off but you either have a good touch or you don't no?