Greatest win against man utd

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner19

Post by Gunner19 »

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

topgoon wrote:The 98 win at OT without a doubt, it was the start of a class summer, for me anyway.

05 FA cup win gets a special mention because nothing beats watching Ronaldo crying like a little girl :lol: :lol:
One of my favourites. Nasris brace was good too in 08, ended up with a grazed knuckle when i punched the pub roof after the first one went in :lol: :lol:

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

2002 for me, WILTOOOOOOOOORD!..It didn't even cross my mind that we wouldn't win that one, and then to do it in such style and confidence and be crowned champions was so special

I wasn't there as I was 2 years old but my brother says it is one of his all time favourite Highbury memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isj77IJNZ2g

Nos89

Greatest win against Man Utd

Post by Nos89 »

At the Grove 2006, 2-1 victory sealed with Henry's last minute header from an Eboue cross, best moment we've had at our new home.

At Highbury 4-0 win in the league cup in 2002 (I think??) Wiltord hat trick, Kanu got the other.

flash gunner

Re: Greatest win against man utd

Post by flash gunner »

benglenton wrote:simple for me
but i wasnt there :cry:
Love this goal and the celebration gives me goosebumps when he runs away shouting :barscarf: ranks alongside Charlie George 71 and Micky Thomas 89 for great goal celebrations.

I love goal celebrations not the pre prepared stuff i like the raw emotion that show they are similar to fans, Ian Wright and Cesc are two player like this

Just out of interest anyone remember Tardelli's goal in the world cup final of 1982? Apparently he runs away shouting his own name bit like you did in the playground as a kid :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XOL8o-3TZ8

Charlie! Charlie!

Re: Greatest win against man utd

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

flash gunner wrote:
benglenton wrote:simple for me
but i wasnt there :cry:
Love this goal and the celebration gives me goosebumps when he runs away shouting :barscarf: ranks alongside Charlie George 71 and Micky Thomas 89 for great goal celebrations.

I love goal celebrations not the pre prepared stuff i like the raw emotion that show they are similar to fans, Ian Wright and Cesc are two player like this

Just out of interest anyone remember Tardelli's goal in the world cup final of 1982? Apparently he runs away shouting his own name bit like you did in the playground as a kid :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XOL8o-3TZ8
A classic celebration and remember it very well! 8) :oops:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Yup remember Tardelli's goal, also remember him and his Juve team in 1980 trying to kick us off the park at Highbury.... *word censored*... :x :x

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

franksav63 wrote:Yup remember Tardelli's goal, also remember him and his Juve team in 1980 trying to kick us off the park at Highbury.... c**ts... :x :x
What was the aggregate score though? :lol: :barscarf:

Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

Gunner19 wrote:Image

Who is the fella to the left of Freddie as you look at it? Is that one of those fans getting in on the action? :lol:

And how the fuck did Gary Pallister get away with holding the Old Trafford Champions Section banner? :roll:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

2-1 to The Arsenal.... 2-1 to The Arsenal....

RIP Paul Vaessen

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

I wasn't born in '79 (1 year too soon) but I've seen it 100s of times and I can't get enough of it !

The game at Highbury in 97 was classic, no Bergkamp an unproven Anleka upfront...bang he fires in a cracker and then Vieira with an absolute thunderbolt !! Of all people it would have had to be that c*nt sheringham to score the 2 goals to level it, but the sheer joy when Platt's header looped into the top corner was unreal...fcuking loved that game. :barscarf:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Was born in 79' a great year but obviously too young to reme....hang-on! I wasn't born until a few months after! :lol:

For me OT02

But for me and as a bit of a sadist I love a game in which we're losing and fight back! Doesn't do your heart any favours but it's one of the best footballing highs. So a special mention for me has to go out for 2007 at the Grove.
Seven minutes to go and RVP just pulls it level! Brilliant!!
deep into injury time Henry leaps like a salmon and heads the ball past Van de Sar. The Grove went mental!!! : :twisted: :barscarf: :barscarf: :twisted: :lol:

sycicsid

Re: Greatest win against Man Utd

Post by sycicsid »

Nos89 wrote:At the Grove 2006, 2-1 victory sealed with Henry's last minute header from an Eboue cross, best moment we've had at our new home.

At Highbury 4-0 win in the league cup in 2002 (I think??) Wiltord hat trick, Kanu got the other.
i remember that perfectly - was driving home - had picked up the old man from the airport and i was so depressed as we were 1-0 down - bloody had to switch the radio off due idiotic commentary.

switched it back on it was 1-1 ... as we approched home henry did the magic and i fkn nearly crashed - the atmosephere could be heard on the radio - the commentator was completely drowned out by the emirates faithful

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Sunday 31st January 2010 7-0, fuck me I must have put on me rosetinted glasses. :lol:

norfbankN16

Post by norfbankN16 »

goonersid wrote:Sunday 31st January 2010 7-0, fuck me I must have put on me rosetinted glasses. :lol:
mate you left early, it ended up 8-0 :lol: