Greatest win against man utd

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
benglenton

Greatest win against man utd

Post by benglenton »

simple for me
but i wasnt there :cry:

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

Winning the league at OT, taking the piss after the *word censored* tried to kick us off the park, ramming it down their throats!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

2002 was great but the 1998 win with Overmars' goal gave me so much more satisfaction.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: Greatest win against man utd

Post by franksav63 »

benglenton wrote:simple for me
but i wasnt there :cry:
.... I was, I can still remember like yesterday, I blew my load at the very end....

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

Days out at footy don't come much better than that one, great day from early morning til we crashed at a mates place in Edmonton about 3am. Remember after a day and night on the piss another mate decided it was a good idea to drive down to Trafalgar Square about midnight :? Not a good thing to do of course but it was different times then and we were impetuous youths :wink: then up early to get the papers to read all about it over brekky and get ourselves off to Upper Street for the parade and a few more drinkies. This was back in the days when the FA cup was a massive thing of course, sad to see what it seems to have become now and according to Mr Wenger is only good enough for out 2nd eleven :roll:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

"You fucking beauty"

Immortal words Mr Sunderland

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

In the "good old days" the FA Cup Final was THE highlight of the sporting calendar.

Even people not very interested in football would sit down in front of the telly for the whole match. And the preliminary build-up (interviews, FAC history, TV cameras on the team coaches. The whole works. "Abide with me" would send tingles down millions of spines.

So I have to say that the "Alan Sunderland" final is my favourite v Man Utd match of all time. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Winning the league at OT runs a very close second best.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Although having said that how could I forget my first ever home game against them, Aug '77 in the League Cup (no, not the Carling or Milk or Rumbelows or Littlewoods or......) just the League Cup when again you'd put your strongest line up out. 2-1 down and then 2 goals from my hero Supermac gave us a 3-2 win. A teenager on the North Bank......MARVELLOUS!

ps I can feel this turning into another Old Gits reminiscing thread! :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

79 cup final for sure :barscarf:

watched at home with my dad and when it went 2-2 was crying my eyes out [ i was only 10 :oops: ]
then my dad picked me up just when sunderland scored and we jumped and danced around the place :barscarf:

a great memory for me 8)

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Barry brought you up well, John. :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

olgitgooner wrote:Barry brought you up well, John. :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
of course.

the year previous after we lost to ipswich :cry: i was so upset that they took me to kinsale [ town in cork famous for its food ] for a drive after the game to cheer me up 8)

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Barry brought you up well, John. :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
of course.

the year previous after we lost to ipswich :cry: i was so upset that they took me to kinsale [ town in cork famous for its food ] for a drive after the game to cheer me up 8)
I had a holiday in Kinsale when I was about 11 years old.

Bloody loved it.

It's probably changed a bit, in the last 46 years. :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

still the same i would say kevin,
they wont allow any shit like tourist bars and slots etc in there

digger

Post by digger »

2002 for me, no doubt. What a fucking great night that was!!

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

The 98 win at OT without a doubt, it was the start of a class summer, for me anyway.

05 FA cup win gets a special mention because nothing beats watching Ronaldo crying like a little girl :lol: :lol: