TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY! FACTS, LIES, RUMOURS ANYTHING.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Post by augie »

It's sad, a bit funny, but then it's more saddness :( In fact it might even go as far as embarrassing :oops: We are a so called big club having to play so many average players in key positions :cry: :cry: :cry:

Everytime a transfer window opens up I tell myself that we wont sign anybody so that I can spare myself the torture of waiting for those much needed signings - sadly this practice is not working and chances are I will be glued to ssn tomorrow evening right until 5pm at which time I will pull the telly from the wall and fcuk it and the sky+ box out the fcuking window :evil: :oops: I have said it with a heavy heart and some uncertainty in the past but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if wenger refuses to buy tomorrow then he should be fcuked out of the club by 10am tuesday morning :x If the people running our club are serious about wanting to win things then they have to remove any barriers in the way of that aim and wenger's transfer policy is one such barrier. If ivan continues to support wenger's policy then we will all know him for yet another boardroom bullshitter :roll: :cry: :evil:

Thank god for jt or else this weekend would have been a total disaster :wink:

Quintus

Post by Quintus »

augie wrote:It's sad, a bit funny, but then it's more saddness :( In fact it might even go as far as embarrassing :oops: We are a so called big club having to play so many average players in key positions :cry: :cry: :cry:

Everytime a transfer window opens up I tell myself that we wont sign anybody so that I can spare myself the torture of waiting for those much needed signings - sadly this practice is not working and chances are I will be glued to ssn tomorrow evening right until 5pm at which time I will pull the telly from the wall and fcuk it and the sky+ box out the fcuking window :evil: :oops: I have said it with a heavy heart and some uncertainty in the past but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if wenger refuses to buy tomorrow then he should be fcuked out of the club by 10am tuesday morning :x If the people running our club are serious about wanting to win things then they have to remove any barriers in the way of that aim and wenger's transfer policy is one such barrier. If ivan continues to support wenger's policy then we will all know him for yet another boardroom bullshitter :roll: :cry: :evil:

Agree but I suspect whilst he delivers a Top 4 finish and fills the stadium (tickets sold) then the Board are happy. And once again this year he'll do this

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Whats the bet augie that tomorrow somebody from the youth team will be signed up on a long term contract to cover up that we are not going to buy anyone.And it will be heralded as new signing. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

Quintus wrote:
augie wrote:It's sad, a bit funny, but then it's more saddness :( In fact it might even go as far as embarrassing :oops: We are a so called big club having to play so many average players in key positions :cry: :cry: :cry:

Agree but I suspect whilst he delivers a Top 4 finish and fills the stadium (tickets sold) then the Board are happy. And once again this year he'll do this
I wouldnt bet on us finishing 4th, I can see us losing against Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, Birmingham, the **** and Man City. I totally agree that if or more likely when Wenger doesnt sign anybody of any note tomorrow then he should fuck off

Quintus

Post by Quintus »

GoonerN5 wrote:
Quintus wrote:

I wouldnt bet on us finishing 4th, I can see us losing against Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, Birmingham, the y**s and Man City. I totally agree that if or more likely when Wenger doesnt sign anybody of any note tomorrow then he should fuck off
:( Is it that bad ?

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

Quintus wrote:
GoonerN5 wrote:
Quintus wrote:

I wouldnt bet on us finishing 4th, I can see us losing against Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, Birmingham, the y**s and Man City. I totally agree that if or more likely when Wenger doesnt sign anybody of any note tomorrow then he should fuck off
No. Thats an over reaction.

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

thatgooner wrote:
Quintus wrote:
GoonerN5 wrote:
Quintus wrote:

No. Thats an over reaction.[/quot

So you can see us winning all those games can you, based on the shit that we have playing for us at the moment?

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

Im not basing everything on what I've seen today mate, but what Iv seen this season... and from what we've seen this season we're the 3rd best team in the league.
To suggest that todays performance means that we'll not make the top 4 is an over reaction.

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

AINT WE BUYING!!!?? WHATS GOING ON

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

ANY ONE GOT ANY NEWS!!!>>? ANYTHING

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

GoonerN5 wrote:
thatgooner wrote:
Quintus wrote:
GoonerN5 wrote:
Quintus wrote: Agree but I suspect whilst he delivers a Top 4 finish and fills the stadium (tickets sold) then the Board are happy. And once again this year he'll do this
No. Thats an over reaction.[/quot

So you can see us winning all those games can you, based on the shit that we have playing for us at the moment?
We're as likely to win ALL of them as we are to lose ALL of them. Yes we were shit yesterday but based on what I've seen this season we are the 3rd best team. I thought we might have a shot at 2nd as I thought United were there for the taking but yet again Ferguson puts together a bloody organised and ruthless team. Fair play to him. If only Wenger's proteges could show the kind of 'spirit and mental strength' (he always goes on about that) that the likes of Fletcher and Park have. Limited individual players but great team players.

RobbieVP

Post by RobbieVP »

On the up side the window closes at 5pm so we can watch Emerdale and re-runs of Top Gear from 1998 on Dave unhampered by the tireless flicking back to SSN every 2 mins with the hope that maybe, just maybe, Arsene has a last minute ace up his sleeve! After yesterday's performance I would take anyone. Even take Sol back ... hang on ...

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER wrote:ANY ONE GOT ANY NEWS!!!>>? ANYTHING
I bought a mouse today, as I spilled curry on my laptop and destroyed the touch pad on the front meaning I was unable to move the cursor :( sorted now though, thanks to Argos.

As for Arsenal..... nothing :(

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Whilst the rest of Europe is frantically trying to strengthen their teams, Arsene is spending the afternoon holed up at London Colney playing Twister or some shit with Denilson & Almunia.

It's f*cking incomprehensible.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Dan_85 wrote:Whilst the rest of Europe is frantically trying to strengthen their teams, Arsene is spending the afternoon holed up at London Colney playing Twister or some shit with Denilson & Almunia.

It's f*cking incomprehensible.
The image of that has returned a smile to my face for the first time since about 4.30 yesterday :D