Should we let Wenger and certain players know our feelings?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Irish Gooner

Should we let Wenger and certain players know our feelings?

Post by Irish Gooner »

Im personally sick to death of watching *word censored* like Almunia and Denilson in our jersey, Im all for giving guys a chance but these lads have 100s of chances and are not up to the mark.

At the end of the day if these 2 and the likes of Clichy,Walcott and other players doing fuck all dont up their game, we can face the reality that the likes of Fabregas will be off to Spain and who can blame him.

Might seem like a stupid idea but I think if we organise a banner or placards with Almunia OUT on them then Wenger might finally get the fucking message.

Merciless booing even. Denilson was booed off today, rightly so. Might seem very cuntish to do but the fact is THEY don't give a shit and have the worst work rate I have ever seen. In the last week alone Denilson has not bothered his arse to track Sidibe, FA Cup GONE and then not track Rooney PL GONE!

Something needs to be done and it is clear Wenger doesn't have the balls to do it.

augie

Post by augie »

Say nothing......I hear redaction are organising a march as we speak to tell the world what a great fcuking manager wenger is and how we all love him :roll: :oops: :banghead:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

They've got balloons and everything

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

As much as I hate to say this - nothing will change until large sections of the crowd turn on Arsene or the team. Booing individuals will be denounced as it was when we booed that useless sack of shit Eboue.

If the previous drubbings we received from Man Ure and the Chavs (not to mention the shite games against Stoke, West Ham, Man Citeh, Fulham etc.) haven't made him realise what everyone else can see, yesterdays game won't change his mind!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

As long as the fans say nothing Wenger and the board will do nothing.As long as there is £3m coming through the gate at every home game they will continue to take the piss out of us. :banghead: :banghead:

wlchuccc

Re: Should we let Wenger and certain players know our feelin

Post by wlchuccc »

Irish Gooner wrote:Im personally sick to death of watching c**ts like Almunia and Denilson in our jersey, Im all for giving guys a chance but these lads have 100s of chances and are not up to the mark.

At the end of the day if these 2 and the likes of Clichy,Walcott and other players doing fuck all dont up their game, we can face the reality that the likes of Fabregas will be off to Spain and who can blame him.

Might seem like a stupid idea but I think if we organise a banner or placards with Almunia OUT on them then Wenger might finally get the fucking message.

Merciless booing even. Denilson was booed off today, rightly so. Might seem very cuntish to do but the fact is THEY don't give a shit and have the worst work rate I have ever seen. In the last week alone Denilson has not bothered his arse to track Sidibe, FA Cup GONE and then not track Rooney PL GONE!

Something needs to be done and it is clear Wenger doesn't have the balls to do it.
Argeed. Almunia and Denilson should NOT play for us anymore. You can still defend the choice of Almunia becos he may be the best of our goalie (though I think Mannone is better). But AW must be blind to use Denilson. He said before Denilson is a stablizer in the squad. I don't see any reason he will be dropped after the game yesterday if we DONT do anything :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

There was a point yestereday where the crowd were really getting on Clichy's back. Himself and Nasri were faffing about for the umpteenth time over by the corner flag and the place nearly erupted.

Carw2005

Post by Carw2005 »

No point booing indivisual players, they dont go on the pitch and be shit on purpose. Im sure Denilson tries really hard every game - he just isnt veryu good. Booing him will tunr a liability into a nervous liability.

Wenger though can be critisised, he chooses the players, he is the one that takes the credit when the club release record profits and he is the one who sells our best players for mega profit and doesnt replace them, he is the one giving extending contracts to players who have not performed and he is the one that said judge him this year.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

You think Denilson tries hard then I direct you to the 2nd goal yesterday where he didnt both his arse to track Rooney or the Stoke last week where he didn't bother to track Sidibe.

That is his main problem, he doesn't work hard enough and doesn't seem to give a shit.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:As much as I hate to say this - nothing will change until large sections of the crowd turn on Arsene or the team. Booing individuals will be denounced as it was when we booed that useless sack of shit Eboue.

If the previous drubbings we received from Man Ure and the Chavs (not to mention the shite games against Stoke, West Ham, Man Citeh, Fulham etc.) haven't made him realise what everyone else can see, yesterdays game won't change his mind!
I don't think booing will serve any useful purpose.

If we want to make a point the best way to do it is not to buy a ticket. Yes, I am seriously considering not renewing this summer. £1,300. That's a decent fcuking holiday somewhere.

Only by the fans not turning up will they realise what they're doing is eroding the future fan base of the club. All this talk of self-sufficiency and they don't realise that football is the same as it always was. You need paying customers to generate revenues.

There are very few (relatively) real 'fans' who have supported the club for years and go to any or all the games. These are the people who care enough to come on forums like these I would imagine. Most people are customers who are just as likely to go and watch Chelsea instead. Many more years of this shit and I can't see 60,000 coming to every game. Only then will the board realise and by then it'll be too late.

AJAAFC

Post by AJAAFC »

Since Eboue was audibly booed he improved his work-rate and his performances got better.

Maybe it does work?

I totally agree that Denilson did not track back at all and he and Clichy displayed an unforgivable lack of effort yesterday

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The points raised about booing players and the team here are correct. I feel that having a go at players means they get the hump and then aren't prepared to give their all for the club. We saw that with Adebayor last season and players at other clubs have done the same thing.

What I think will help is a letter writing campaign. If the Arsenal fans are to express our concerns thoughtfully and politely, then I can see the club listening to our views more willingly. Whether they act on the concerns is another matter enitrely, but it will show the powers that be that not all is rosy amongst the supporter base and that we might just be getting a tad annoyed at the hight ticket prices and low outlay on new players. In fact , outlining a few concerns and carefully pointing out our worries is usually more efffective than booing or protesting as the club will just, as always, put it down to the views of the 'mindless minority.'

I worte a letter last night to Gazidis about the lack of transfer activity and our visible failure to close the gap on Manure and the Chavs. I now await his response.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I worte a letter last night to Gazidis about the lack of transfer activity and our visible failure to close the gap on Manure and the Chavs. I now await his response.
Good stuff. I'd be interested in hearing his response if you wouldn't mind posting it? Contacting Ivan seems to be the only way to get a response from the club at the minute, granted a lot of it may be PR spin/all talk & little action but it'll be interesting to hear what he has to say...

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

AJAAFC wrote:Since Eboue was audibly booed he improved his work-rate and his performances got better.

Maybe it does work?

I totally agree that Denilson did not track back at all and he and Clichy displayed an unforgivable lack of effort yesterday
You are joking???? :shock: :shock:

Eboue is a f**king liability. Yesterday he fell flat on his face when Rooney ran at him, and then he commited the cardinal sin for defenders of playing (throwing) the ball across his own back four when the bloke he was throwing to (Comical Ali) was under pressure. He was hit when he made his debut and he's still shit now!

The reasons we keep struggling in these games are so simple:-

1. Too many sub-standard players (Almunia, Eboue, Denilson, Bender, Walcott)
2. Too many oompa-loompas that are easily brushed aside (Nasri, Rosicky, Clichy, Eduardo)
3. Defensive and tactical naivety throughout the team.
4. A stubborn manager.

Change No. 4 and we could change No's 1-3.

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

Dan_85 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:I worte a letter last night to Gazidis about the lack of transfer activity and our visible failure to close the gap on Manure and the Chavs. I now await his response.
Good stuff. I'd be interested in hearing his response if you wouldn't mind posting it? Contacting Ivan seems to be the only way to get a response from the club at the minute, granted a lot of it may be PR spin/all talk & little action but it'll be interesting to hear what he has to say...
Interesting that when you press the 'contact us' link on the official website nothing happens! I wonder how many people e-mailed the club to tell them what they thought?!