Wenger should resign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
User avatar
FrenchGun
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:59 am

Post by FrenchGun »

Mono. I think many have been very aggressive towards you since you arrived. I always appreciate others point of view. I dispice chavski more than any club in the world, but I still have one of my best mate that supports them. I can hold a conversation with any other club fan, and recognize what are our limits and our failures.
To be honnest, you maybe right and this might be a view shared by other members on here. Man U and chelsea are better than us this year. But...

With all due respect Mono...

MIND YOUR OWN F*CKIN BUSINESS!!

mrgnu1958
Posts: 13373
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:32 pm
Location: ESSEX

Post by mrgnu1958 »

is there any chance of the mods getting rid of this person?
If there isnt,then i think id better fuck off instead.

User avatar
GallasVoice
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by GallasVoice »

also..,does anyone find mono a bit of a creep..

constantly sucking up to arsenal to win us over, and displaying them pictures of wenger above...

hatemanu99
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:05 am
Location: London

Post by hatemanu99 »

clockendal wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:I don't really mind you being on here Mono, in fact it's interesting to hear what other fans think. You must have a serious amount of time on your hands if you really are on all the forums you say you are.

Re Wenger no I don't think he should resign. I am totally baffled by the transfer inactivity given the funds the club says it has, and utterly embarassed by the excuses and ridiculous stats Wenger increasingly uses. However I do believe he has his hands tied by the Board. Accounts can be made to look much more rosy than they are. Totally speculative but perhaps the reasons they were drawn up as they were was to increase the club's bargaining power when restructuring the debt. Whatever the true picture is I believe that once funds are genuinely available, Wenger will spend. He knows this team isn't good enough and he agreed back in 2005 or whenever that he would cope while we got the stadium up and running. He won't get sacked and I don't think he'll resign until he's won the league (and maybe the champions league). He wants it too badly and no other club in the world would give him the power he has at Arsenal. He loves London and his daughter has recently started at a top secondary school, and given his love of stability I don't think he'd move his family any time soon. It's painful at the moment and I fear we'll lose a lot of supporters, but Arsenal will be back.
If we lose supporters, then in my eyes they are not true supporters. If we lose some then they are not worth having.
I agree but only to an extent. What a lot of us 'true fans' don't realise is that most fans are very fickle. It would be easy to go between suporting say United and Arsenal during our years of dominance, but today it is even easier to go and support Chelsea as they're near to us. So I think more 'fans' could defect from us to Chelsea. Loss of support means loss of income and during this time when we're desperately trying to become debt-free that concerns me.

User avatar
brazilianGOONER
Posts: 9352
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:27 am
Location: i think we're parked, man
Contact:

Post by brazilianGOONER »

mrgnu1958 wrote:is there any chance of the mods getting rid of this person?
If there isnt,then i think id better fuck off instead.
the day you leave this forum, gnuey, will be like the day dennis bergkamp left football. :(

don't you even think about that.

User avatar
GallasVoice
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by GallasVoice »

mrgnu1958 wrote:is there any chance of the mods getting rid of this person?
If there isnt,then i think id better fuck off instead.
i think there is enough of us feeling that way at least for the mods to listen to us :banghead:

not being funny, but i can read through this guy like a book and im suprised the mods can't see what he is 'trying' to do. :banghead:

User avatar
clockendal
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:33 am

Post by clockendal »

hatemanu99 wrote:
clockendal wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:I don't really mind you being on here Mono, in fact it's interesting to hear what other fans think. You must have a serious amount of time on your hands if you really are on all the forums you say you are.

Re Wenger no I don't think he should resign. I am totally baffled by the transfer inactivity given the funds the club says it has, and utterly embarassed by the excuses and ridiculous stats Wenger increasingly uses. However I do believe he has his hands tied by the Board. Accounts can be made to look much more rosy than they are. Totally speculative but perhaps the reasons they were drawn up as they were was to increase the club's bargaining power when restructuring the debt. Whatever the true picture is I believe that once funds are genuinely available, Wenger will spend. He knows this team isn't good enough and he agreed back in 2005 or whenever that he would cope while we got the stadium up and running. He won't get sacked and I don't think he'll resign until he's won the league (and maybe the champions league). He wants it too badly and no other club in the world would give him the power he has at Arsenal. He loves London and his daughter has recently started at a top secondary school, and given his love of stability I don't think he'd move his family any time soon. It's painful at the moment and I fear we'll lose a lot of supporters, but Arsenal will be back.
If we lose supporters, then in my eyes they are not true supporters. If we lose some then they are not worth having.
I agree but only to an extent. What a lot of us 'true fans' don't realise is that most fans are very fickle. It would be easy to go between suporting say United and Arsenal during our years of dominance, but today it is even easier to go and support Chelsea as they're near to us. So I think more 'fans' could defect from us to Chelsea. Loss of support means loss of income and during this time when we're desperately trying to become debt-free that concerns me.
To be honest mate I think that's rubbish. I think we have enough true fans without having to worry about (I can't call then fans) football watchers who can switch teams at the drop of a hat.

User avatar
brazilianGOONER
Posts: 9352
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:27 am
Location: i think we're parked, man
Contact:

Post by brazilianGOONER »

GallasVoice wrote:also..,does anyone find mono a bit of a creep..

constantly sucking up to arsenal to win us over, and displaying them pictures of wenger above...
there's a thread in the basement in which he says he plays fifa manager with arsenal.

can you fucking believe it?

can you imagine yourself playing with manure?? "erm, who shall i play today? scholes or fletcher? i think i'm gonna rest giggs because giggsy is too tired today" :banghead: mate, if there was a 'fuck all the players in the arsehole' option then i'd consider playing with united :banghead: :banghead:

User avatar
flash gunner
Posts: 29266
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Armchairsville. FACT.

Post by flash gunner »

Paranoia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

Get your tin foil hats on lads. :oops:

"He plays games as Arsenal" :worried:

"he's creepy" :worried:

"he leaves or i do" :worried:

im embarrassed by it all :oops:
Last edited by flash gunner on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bergkamp10
Posts: 1091
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:23 pm
Location: Cumbria

Post by bergkamp10 »

GallasVoice wrote:yeah guys leave mono alone!

he's just 'obsessed' with seeing other supporters opinions remember. :lol: tool
I agree GallasVoice.. Mono makes some good points.

I have watched Artsenal from Bertie Mee( :o :lol: ) onwards and seen some pretty crap football down the years I can tell you.

Wenger has bought the club fantastic success over the last ten years, granted last two have be extremely frustrating. But we can and should buy two or three players of class come this summer. I hope he recognises this....

:barscarf: :ewwwww: javascript:emoticon(':redwhite:')

User avatar
GallasVoice
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by GallasVoice »

hatemanu99 wrote:
clockendal wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:I don't really mind you being on here Mono, in fact it's interesting to hear what other fans think. You must have a serious amount of time on your hands if you really are on all the forums you say you are.

Re Wenger no I don't think he should resign. I am totally baffled by the transfer inactivity given the funds the club says it has, and utterly embarassed by the excuses and ridiculous stats Wenger increasingly uses. However I do believe he has his hands tied by the Board. Accounts can be made to look much more rosy than they are. Totally speculative but perhaps the reasons they were drawn up as they were was to increase the club's bargaining power when restructuring the debt. Whatever the true picture is I believe that once funds are genuinely available, Wenger will spend. He knows this team isn't good enough and he agreed back in 2005 or whenever that he would cope while we got the stadium up and running. He won't get sacked and I don't think he'll resign until he's won the league (and maybe the champions league). He wants it too badly and no other club in the world would give him the power he has at Arsenal. He loves London and his daughter has recently started at a top secondary school, and given his love of stability I don't think he'd move his family any time soon. It's painful at the moment and I fear we'll lose a lot of supporters, but Arsenal will be back.
If we lose supporters, then in my eyes they are not true supporters. If we lose some then they are not worth having.
I agree but only to an extent. What a lot of us 'true fans' don't realise is that most fans are very fickle. It would be easy to go between suporting say United and Arsenal during our years of dominance, but today it is even easier to go and support Chelsea as they're near to us. So I think more 'fans' could defect from us to Chelsea. Loss of support means loss of income and during this time when we're desperately trying to become debt-free that concerns me.
i don't think we'll "lose" supporters, but certainly children just gettin into football from a young age are more likely to go for man utd, chelsea and soon man city before us, which i dont think is a bad thing in terms of true supporters.

mrgnu1958
Posts: 13373
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:32 pm
Location: ESSEX

Post by mrgnu1958 »

no seriously everyone..I mean it..ALL of US ARSENAL fans are pretty angry and upset at this moment in time and ive really had enough of this MONO person.
I hate the thought of ANYONE being fucked off this great message board because freedom of speech is pretty damn good as far as i see it..BUT MONO is being "Good person..Then BAD person"imo..How dare he as a man utd supporter put a post up starting ARSENE SHOULD RESIGN.


Look..maybe im wrong but i had to get it off me chest..I am sure he/she is on a mega wind-up.
But what right have i to ask for a person to get a banning?
Im just very pissed off now.

User avatar
brazilianGOONER
Posts: 9352
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:27 am
Location: i think we're parked, man
Contact:

Post by brazilianGOONER »

flash gunner wrote:Paranoia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

naivety

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/naivety

a few days after manure thrashes us in the league at the grove a manc comes here saying he loves us and hopes wenger walks. he loves the arsenal and is simply "curious" about other teams supporters.

i'm embarassed by you, flashie :oops:

User avatar
FrenchGun
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:59 am

Post by FrenchGun »

hatemanu99 wrote:
clockendal wrote:
hatemanu99 wrote:I don't really mind you being on here Mono, in fact it's interesting to hear what other fans think. You must have a serious amount of time on your hands if you really are on all the forums you say you are.

Re Wenger no I don't think he should resign. I am totally baffled by the transfer inactivity given the funds the club says it has, and utterly embarassed by the excuses and ridiculous stats Wenger increasingly uses. However I do believe he has his hands tied by the Board. Accounts can be made to look much more rosy than they are. Totally speculative but perhaps the reasons they were drawn up as they were was to increase the club's bargaining power when restructuring the debt. Whatever the true picture is I believe that once funds are genuinely available, Wenger will spend. He knows this team isn't good enough and he agreed back in 2005 or whenever that he would cope while we got the stadium up and running. He won't get sacked and I don't think he'll resign until he's won the league (and maybe the champions league). He wants it too badly and no other club in the world would give him the power he has at Arsenal. He loves London and his daughter has recently started at a top secondary school, and given his love of stability I don't think he'd move his family any time soon. It's painful at the moment and I fear we'll lose a lot of supporters, but Arsenal will be back.
If we lose supporters, then in my eyes they are not true supporters. If we lose some then they are not worth having.
I agree but only to an extent. What a lot of us 'true fans' don't realise is that most fans are very fickle. It would be easy to go between suporting say United and Arsenal during our years of dominance, but today it is even easier to go and support Chelsea as they're near to us. So I think more 'fans' could defect from us to Chelsea. Loss of support means loss of income and during this time when we're desperately trying to become debt-free that concerns me.
common guys... You've got to be kidding. Arsenal is still one of the most respected club in the world. This thing about ''true fans'' and ''plastic fans'' is nonesense. I've never met anyone who stopped supporting a club because of a bad spell.
I'm 25, I've started supporting Arsenal around 10 years ago, when I really started getting interested in watching football (must admit I always taken more pleasure playing football rather than watching it). Also at the time I moved for one year in London. So now for me, it's 5 pleasant years and 5 years of deception. I'm sorry to say guys but even though I don't see our bad spell ending just yet, you wont see me on another club forum any time soon.

I'm arsenal till I die and I'm sure 99 percent of arsenal fans are the same.

User avatar
North bank girl
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: oxford

Post by North bank girl »

mrgnu1958 wrote:no seriously everyone..I mean it..ALL of US ARSENAL fans are pretty angry and upset at this moment in time and ive really had enough of this MONO person.
I hate the thought of ANYONE being fucked off this great message board because freedom of speech is pretty damn good as far as i see it..BUT MONO is being "Good person..Then BAD person"imo..How dare he as a man utd supporter put a post up starting ARSENE SHOULD RESIGN.


Look..maybe im wrong but i had to get it off me chest..I am sure he/she is on a mega wind-up.
But what right have i to ask for a person to get a banning?
Im just very pissed off now.
Well said!

Post Reply