Highbury Harold is calling . . .a time for Action?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Vlad III wrote:When do fans questions ever get answered mate?

That's the nature of the beast these days. Our loyalty and money are taken for granted. That's why so many people have turned away from it and I don't blame them. It's very sad.

The ticket pricing is an issue and I understand that's why fans are pissed off. They want to know where the money is going and why we arent buying anyone. In a perfect world the board would answer these questions, but in reality we just get fobbed off and have to settle for rumours and gossip.

I honestly don't know if we have the money to spend on players, which is why I will vehemently defend Wenger. We have lost some of the best players of the last 10 years since 2005 and he still manages to keep us competitive, without spending any money. I don't see any managers that can do what he has done and replacing him in my opinion would be a mistake.
Well, some valid points.

I do not want to replace Wenger, as a personal standpoint. I do believe he has money to spend (the sales of adebayor and Toure). I think he thinks that his faith in the group of players and way of playing will lead to Arsenal winning trophies - I don't agree because the team balance is not right, the defensive side of our game is woeful and the standard of some of our players is not good enough.

He has done a good job, but keep in mind that we are in the top 3 payers in the league, very close to man utd, and by that score finishing fourth is where one would expect. After all, it is AW who agrees to value the players highly enough to pay them these wages, so they must be in that bracket, no?

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

I know countless other clubs would love to be in our position but we all know, in fact the whole world knows we are three players away from achieving AW's vision.

And there lies the frustration, we were told by moving home, we could compete with the best on and off the field. Well c'mon then, release those funds and let's make it happen.

I'm not asking for us to sell out like the mancs and bindippers, jst spend what we've already paid in.

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

All this has got me to thinking of the most barren spell I've endured as a Gooner and it would be from our 1979 FA Cup win to 1987 (when we won the League Cup with a flukey Charlie Nicholas winner).
At that time, we hadn't won the title since 1971.
These days, we're moaning that we haven't won the league in five years.
Come on. A bit of perspective, gentlemen...

GoonerJim

Post by GoonerJim »

Kiwi Gooner wrote:All this has got me to thinking of the most barren spell I've endured as a Gooner and it would be from our 1979 FA Cup win to 1987 (when we won the League Cup with a flukey Charlie Nicholas winner).
At that time, we hadn't won the title since 1971.
These days, we're moaning that we haven't won the league in five years.
Come on. A bit of perspective, gentlemen...
Quite easy - Wenger and the board have raised our expectations, mainly via raised ticket prices.

in my heart

Post by in my heart »

How do you sign in??

We REALLY need to do this on a massive scale at the ground to show the board
that enough is enough.
We all saw Fabrigas last night ! Severely pissed off and did very well not to name names.

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

1188 members

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

Thought it appropriate to bump this up.