Highbury Harold is calling . . .a time for Action?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Reg Niseth

Highbury Harold is calling . . .a time for Action?

Post by Reg Niseth »

Okay, be patient and have a read. If you want to add your thoughts you can contact HH on youbook or facetube or whatever it's called.

Agree, disagree it's what a forum is all about. Debate should be encouraged.

We don’t accept the way in which Arsenal Football Club is being run, right from the Boardroom down to the matchday experience. And because of this, we want to see things change! At the moment there are plenty of issues:

1. The Board, their lies, and their blinkered views
2. The lack of transfer budget
3. The sterile Emirates experience
4. The manager losing sight of what’s important

Let’s see how many people agree. If you don’t like the way things are going at our club, join this group and see if we can force a change. But this is only the start – if people agree with your views on Arsenal, get them to join this group. And let’s make our voices heard, not just on here but in the press, and in person – so the Board of Arsenal Football Club – OUR football club, sit up and take notice.

Where has OUR Arsenal gone??

Attaching article…..

Where has OUR Arsenal gone?

The need to move stadium
Back in the year 2000, Arsenal fans were fed the line by the club’s Board that we needed to leave our beloved Highbury and move to a new stadium. Apparently as a club we’d outgrown our spiritual home and needed somewhere which could house more fans, bring us increased revenue and which would allow us to compete with any club in the transfer market – with the aim of becoming a European “Super Clubâ€

REB

Post by REB »

Last edited by REB on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Yes, that is good stuff, the only thing I would add to that is the fat long-term contracts that these youngsters are on. Players who still haven't actually 'made it' on 65,000 grand a week. :?

Kiki

Post by Kiki »

The Club havent always worn a red home shirt with white sleeves and they have had plenty of White Away kits...and we have sported numourous different crests

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Arsenal/Arsenal.htm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Arsenal ... -kits.html

REB

Post by REB »

Kiki wrote:The Club havent always worn a red home shirt with white sleeves and they have had plenty of White Away kits...and we have sported numourous different crests

it doesnt matter what we wore in the early 1900s but whats important is for the last 80 years we have had majority of the time red shirts with white sleeves , it is THE arsenal shirt and should not be messed with.

North bank girl

Post by North bank girl »

very interesting

digger

Post by digger »

I've joined up :cool:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Kiki wrote:The Club havent always worn a red home shirt with white sleeves and they have had plenty of White Away kits...and we have sported numourous different crests

Agree on the badge, disagree on the kit.

The famous red & white shouldn't be fucked with. Under any circumstance.

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

concise and to the point and very much spot on.

Unfortunately all signs that were going down the pan unless something is done.

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

Someone has been reading my mind :shock:

Pilly

Post by Pilly »

Sadly I agree with everything written above. :cry:

It's at least good to see that I'm not the only one who's become completely disillusioned with the Arsenal.

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

Totally agree with the whole statement and sent a message of support thriugh my missus facepage.

THIS OUR CREST..........

Kiki

Post by Kiki »

There was some confusion regarding my point so to clear it up:

The Crest: I'm like the current one - its modern and cool looking,. Notice how the Cannon is facing a different direction to the previous.

The Kit: I'd prefer that the kit is red white white sleeve. But that is just me - I also have to take into account that we've had differnent shirts through the years and you cant say ''well we've had this for 80 years'' so keep it. The Club has been going some 123 long years.
Last edited by Kiki on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

Kiki wrote:There was soem confusion regarding my point so to clear it up:

The Crest: I'm like the current one - its modern and cool looking,. Notice how the Cannon is facing a different direction to the previous.

The Kit: I'd prefer that the kit is red white white sleeve. But that is just me - I also have to take into account that we've had differnent shirts through the years and you cant say ''well we've had this for 80 years'' so keep it. The Club has been going some 123 long years.
I'm guessing your a youngster so I'll go easy

Point one: that's the very reason most Arsenal fans fucking hate it.

Point Two: Red Shirts, White Sleeves, Yellow Shirts, are synonomous with our success. That is why we like them. That is why we woulod like to have them back. We don't want to be dictated to by Nike

augie

Post by augie »

Only 25m profit in the transfer market over the course of the last few seasons ? :shock: Does anybody else think that figure is a little on the low side ? :?