henry hits out at gunners for going down so easily

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
treygoony

Post by treygoony »

Stupid dingle *word censored* :awnker:

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Sounds a tad bitter to me. Oh well life goes on and who are you again....?

djhdjh

Post by djhdjh »

According to the Times this means all sympathy for us is lost. What, world football opinion follows Mick McCarthy and whoever this player is now does it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

The cheeky fucker should defintely have his ban extended.....! I've watched it a good few times now and it was 100% a sending off!!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I think the problem this time is that after he was hit, Rosicky did one of those breakdancing spins on his shoulder followed by a a triple agony roll and the ref has put 2 and 2 together and assumed that it was another game ending tackle. A less animated reaction would probably have meant that the ref would have given a yellow.
For me it was worse than a yellow but borderline red (if that makes sense!)

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

http://www.footytube.com/video/arsenal- ... pr03-38829

about 4 mins in, the ball is not there to be won, imo tr7 is already shielding the ball in a way that puts it out of reach before he goes to ground

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Eboue-Why? wrote:I think the problem this time is that after he was hit, Rosicky did one of those breakdancing spins on his shoulder followed by a a triple agony roll and the ref has put 2 and 2 together and assumed that it was another game ending tackle. A less animated reaction would probably have meant that the ref would have given a yellow.
For me it was worse than a yellow but borderline red (if that makes sense!)
Just watched it again, this time full match courtesy of BT Vision and their so called "expert" was adament that it wasn't a red. Add to that the comments on MOTD - and possibly even Wenger himself - then maybe you're right.

But I still don't see it. For me Rosicky reaction wasn't OTT and it still looked a clear red card.

AFCWozza

Post by AFCWozza »

If a player, runs at least 15 metres at full speed, then clatters through the back of a player, how on earth is that not a red card. Do you need to seriously injure someone to warrent a red card?

THERE WAS NO WAY Henry could win the ball COMING THROUGH THE BACK of Rosicky, so for that little fucking tosser to have the front to complain about his wreckless challenge is laughable. I'd LOVE him to be on the end of one and see his reaction.

BT

Post by BT »

Rosicky had already taken a few clatterings in the game that went unpunished. The force with which he hit the ground and the bleeding stud marks on his leg showed that it was a harsh challenge, not the players reactions, who understandably don't take kindly to these after what they've seen. One point though, why did none of our players check on Rosicky first?

If Wolves want to talk about ruining the beautiful game, let's talk about their anti-football time-wasting for one... :roll:

IrishJB

Post by IrishJB »

Firstly blxxdy cheek the media using his surname - there's ONLY 1 HENRY! and he (Karl or whatever he's called) wouldn't be fit to wipe TH's arse!

The only thing i would say from only seeing it the once while at the game on Sat, is that a booking was prob more apt than a sending of - our Tomas seemed to lul a bit, which kind of invited the challenge.

But KH really is making himself look like a prxxk saying we were 'going down like a sack of spuds', for a start does he know that's what we call that lot from sxxte hart lane? so that's an even bigger insult than he intended!

We out fought you and your pathetic 'non footballing' team - what's it like to be in a side that are hell bent on stopping another team playing eh? must be soooo enjoyable LOL (Not even our first choice team) - but as the wolves lot sang "we shall not be moved" LOL you blxxdy well were ho ho ho

we'll be watching you closely mate - if you are still in the PL next season LOL to see what actions you take when one of your players go down - yeah!

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

BT wrote:Rosicky had already taken a few clatterings in the game that went unpunished. The force with which he hit the ground and the bleeding stud marks on his leg showed that it was a harsh challenge, not the players reactions, who understandably don't take kindly to these after what they've seen. One point though, why did none of our players check on Rosicky first?

If Wolves want to talk about ruining the beautiful game, let's talk about their anti-football time-wasting for one... :roll:
The point about not checking on Rosciky is interesting. I woul say it's because of the adrenalin of the contest. It's like if you saw a fight on the terraces - as soon as one guy's mate was down, he would wade in to the other guy, not attend to his mate. It's the battle, wanting immediate retribution.

Or maybe they just don't give a fuck about Tommy cos he ain't been around that much! :lol:

They were time wasting from the first half, and the keeper laid it on thick in the second, so 5 minutes all in all was generous to Wolves. 6 substitutions at 30 seconds each = 3 minutes plus rosicky and other stoppages, as well as time-wasting = at least 5 minutes in total.

whiteknight

Post by whiteknight »

Why do players get so excited about playing in the Premiership and then turn up to a fantastic stadium like the Emirates, only to play the most tedious, time wasting shite that any self respecting fan would be embarrased by.

3,000 Wolves fans deserved better....come all that way to follow that garbage. At least MM put his first team out...he must've thought he'd get something from the game??

Karl you should be made to wear a shirt with "Not the real Henry" on your back mate!!!

"One of their players has come in, (Thomas) Vermaelen flying in and whoever else, trying to get me sent off.

"I certainly wouldn't be running over, trying to get a player sent off.

"I have seen it again and I have nicked the ball. It was never a red card, it is an absolute disgrace."

YOU MAY'VE NICKED IT......but you keep it mate, we've lots more.....try practising with it and next season you and your mates might actually try to give us a game that is better than 11 men behind it....oh, sorry, Karl, make that 10!!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

what a cocksucking hypocrite. going down too easily ? probably because you made a two footed tackle coming from behind him. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :banghead:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

He's an idiot.

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

whiteknight wrote:Why do players get so excited about playing in the Premiership and then turn up to a fantastic stadium like the Emirates, only to play the most tedious, time wasting shite that any self respecting fan would be embarrased by.

3,000 Wolves fans deserved better....come all that way to follow that garbage. At least MM put his first team out...he must've thought he'd get something from the game??

Karl you should be made to wear a shirt with "Not the real Henry" on your back mate!!!

"One of their players has come in, (Thomas) Vermaelen flying in and whoever else, trying to get me sent off.

"I certainly wouldn't be running over, trying to get a player sent off.

"I have seen it again and I have nicked the ball. It was never a red card, it is an absolute disgrace."

YOU MAY'VE NICKED IT......but you keep it mate, we've lots more.....try practising with it and next season you and your mates might actually try to give us a game that is better than 11 men behind it....oh, sorry, Karl, make that 10!!

can someone show me the video where he touches the ball? cause he gets no where near it in any of the dozen or so replays i've seen of the "tackle"...