THE PROJOE TOTALLY POINTLESS TRANSFER RUMOUR THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

rigsby wrote:Tbh though bar City, absolutley nobody has made a splash this summer.
Thats true. However if Mancs, Chavs , spuds, villa or even Everton were in our situation would they spend BY NOW?

We badly need a new Keeper and CB like urgent! We are weaker now than we was last season and the season before that.
Imagne our defence of TV gets injured! :banghead: :banghead:

CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

Only coz every other clubs in the shit!

Cept us so lets SEE SOME FUCKIN TALENT BROUGHT IN

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
rigsby wrote:Tbh though bar City, absolutley nobody has made a splash this summer.
Thats true. However if Mancs, Chavs , spuds, villa or even Everton were in our situation would they spend BY NOW?

We badly need a new Keeper and CB like urgent! We are weaker now than we was last season and the season before that.
Really?

Didnt we finish above these teams you mentioned last season ?

Everton and villa splashing cash? Has never happend.

Spurs have done it every season for the last 15 years looks where its got them.

We need 2 signings a center half and a goalkeeper, preferably a center half that can cover the dm aswell. Someone like kompany.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

There are not even new rumors. I am bummed out. :cry:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Well we're clearly going to sign a defender so don't worry.

My problem is the goalkeeping position, especially as nobody has been sold. Almunia at least should have been off

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

PI7ES wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:

Really?

Didnt we finish above these teams you mentioned last season ?

Everton and villa splashing cash? Has never happend.

Spurs have done it every season for the last 15 years looks where its got them.

We need 2 signings a center half and a goalkeeper, preferably a center half that can cover the dm aswell. Someone like kompany.
Its not about them splashing the cash, I am not suggesting that. I strongly believe that any of the teams I mentioned would have bought a Keeper or CB by now. Those 2 positions are not to strengthen the team but more of a Necessity. We urgently need them rather than say buy a DM where we could do with one but can cope without…just
Even in a time of crisis where we so badly need players, Wenger still doesn’t see the urgency.

So yes any of those teams would of bought if they was in our position. Lets not forget all said teams have a better defence than us and keepers. By far!

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

By Far? :shock:

Goals conceeded in the league

Arsenal 41
Spuds 41
Villa 39
Everton 49

I agree we have a bad defence but still not by far, one thing I will say is that they have better goalkeepers considering the amount of activity they have at their goal mouth. Almunia/Flappy have less to do but cant do it well.

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

GunnerDude wrote:By Far? :shock:

Goals conceeded in the league

Arsenal 41
Spuds 41
Villa 39
Everton 49

I agree we have a bad defence but still not by far, one thing I will say is that they have better goalkeepers considering the amount of activity they have at their goal mouth. Almunia/Flappy have less to do but cant do it well.
I would still say by far! Wenger despite his obvious faults is a football genius. If we had any of the top5 teams defence and keeper instead of ours with Wenger in charge we would of won the league!

Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

Must be about time some spanish *word censored* comes out and says Cesc will be at Barca next season? Hasn't happened for a few hours.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

cusamano wrote:There are not even new rumors. I am bummed out. :cry:
What you and Fransav get up to in private is non of our business!

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

rigsby wrote:Well we're clearly going to sign a defender so don't worry.
AW should sign Mertesacker before he starts in Bremens CL qualifier, otherwise he will be suspended for our CL games :evil:

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

rigsby wrote:My problem is the goalkeeping position, especially as nobody has been sold. Almunia at least should have been off
No one is interested in buying them...another quality characteristic of our goalkeepers :x

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/08/02 ... nal-swoop/

It's not exactly a reliable website, but I'd be happy with Adler coming in :barscarf:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Ha good point. Someone must be stupid enough though?

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

AA23Northbank wrote:http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/08/02 ... nal-swoop/

It's not exactly a reliable website, but I'd be happy with Adler coming in :barscarf:
If only mate!!!!!