433 or 442?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

goonersid wrote:
LDB wrote:
goonersid wrote:
crocit wrote:4-4-2 simples, Chamakh Rvp, they will be lethal imo, i think Cesc is staying, for year at least, Song Cesc, Nasri Theo, i have a feeling Arshavins off
Dear Jesus :roll: :roll:
He could be right but only because cesc is on a long contract and barca dont want to pay over 30 mill, apparently.

Btw, has anyone seen the story that they are offering 80 million for shrek while trying to get fabregas off us for peanuts.
But what if he does end up staying for another season, surely if he did ask to leave then the damage is done.
It will mean a final season similar to those of pv4 and th14. THat's not what we need, nor can it be good for any morale that may still exist at the club.
Well, there will need to be some clear the air talks and somebody is going to have to have a word with cesc and basically say: "we think you're worth more then 30 mill, you are the captain of this club which you claim to love, time to show it."

Fabregas is, i think, a mature level-headed lad and would surely understand that any deal has to be good for Arsenal. It wont be the first time that a player has come back from the brink of leaving a club to rebuild things.

kevstarkie

Post by kevstarkie »

Has anyone thought the you can have RVP and Chamakh in the same side using the 433. Why not put RVP on the right like Barcelona first used Messi. I also think Nasri looked best last season when filling in for Cesc in the middle, this is what I would go with.

GK - Anyone but Almunia or Fabianski
LB - I would personnally promote Gibbs above Clichy
RB - Sagna
CB - Tommy V and another, I feel we need 2 new CB as Gallas will be leaving
Mid - Song with Cesc and Nasri, if Cesc goes I feel we should get Yaya in the deal to compete with Song and replace Cesc with Arteta
Att - Arshavin on left, RVP on right and Chamakh up top.

Who else feels this would work or is it just me.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

kevstarkie wrote:Has anyone thought the you can have RVP and Chamakh in the same side using the 433. Why not put RVP on the right like Barcelona first used Messi. I also think Nasri looked best last season when filling in for Cesc in the middle, this is what I would go with.

RB - Sagna
Mid - Song with Cesc and Nasri, if Cesc goes I feel we should get Yaya in the deal to compete with Song and replace Cesc with Arteta

RVP used to play there for Holland but on the left. Reason being is that he come inside and be devestating with his right foot.
Wenger has played RVP on the wing but on the right and is too stubborn to listen to anyone but his own thoughts.
Now RVP plays down the middle for the dutch. Overtaking Hunterlaar as the lead striker in the 4-3-3.

Answer to your post Bendtner will play on the wing! :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Boomer wrote:
kevstarkie wrote:Has anyone thought the you can have RVP and Chamakh in the same side using the 433. Why not put RVP on the right like Barcelona first used Messi. I also think Nasri looked best last season when filling in for Cesc in the middle, this is what I would go with.

RB - Sagna

RVP used to play there for Holland but on the left. Reason being is that he come inside and be devestating with his right foot.
Wenger has played RVP on the wing but on the right and is too stubborn to listen to anyone but his own thoughts.
Now RVP plays down the middle for the dutch. Overtaking Hunterlaar as the lead striker in the 4-3-3.

oh yeah the 6'3 lumbering centre forward on the wing :roll:
Last edited by flash gunner on Wed May 19, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

stg

Post by stg »

Bendtner plays on the left of a 433 for his country so he can cut in on his right foot

LDB

Post by LDB »

Boomer wrote:

RB - Sagna

Dont you mean he used to play on the right to cut in on his left foot?

His right foot is infamously shite

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

LDB wrote:
Boomer wrote:

RB - Sagna

maybe that! :lol:
Couldn't remember what foot RVP was.....it was a 50-50 choice! :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Boomer wrote:
LDB wrote:
Boomer wrote:

RB - Sagna

Stick to finances and leave formations to those who know :roll:

:wink:

LDB

Post by LDB »

flash gunner wrote:
Boomer wrote:
LDB wrote:
Boomer wrote:

RB - Sagna

Stick to finances and leave formations to those who know :roll:

:wink:
Yeah, formation threads are serious business :lol:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

well in terms of finances and numbers......I got the 50-50 statistic right! :wink:

crocit

Post by crocit »

Fabianski
Eastmond djourou Campbell Silvestre

Denilson

Diaby Eboue

Bentner Rvp Arshavin :redwhite: :whitered:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I do love a formations thread!

:evil:

kg1794

Post by kg1794 »

I think I would go back to 4-4-2, play two deep-lying MFs and let Arshavin be no. 10.

Sandra Redknapp
Sagna/Eboue Vermaelen Djourou Clichy
Walcott Song Diaby Nasri
Arshavin RvP

LDB

Post by LDB »

Heres a question:

With fabregas gone... walcott through the middle?

projoe

Post by projoe »

-------------(new keeper)-------------

Sagna--(new CB)--Vermaelen--Clichy

------------(Y.Toure?)--Song--------------

Nasri-----------------------------Arshavin

---------Van Persie--Chamakh-----------

not a bad lineup there with what would be 4 new signings, looks pretty strong depending on who the new signings are :? :D