WHO WILL WIN THE LEAGUE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

champions 2010-2011

THE ARSENAL
25%
CHELSEA
43%
RED MANCS
14%
BLUE MANCS
16%
LIVERPOOL
No votes
SPU*S
2%

Total votes: 44

REB

WHO WILL WIN THE LEAGUE

Post by REB »

lets think with our head and not our heart.

FOXYARSENAL

Post by FOXYARSENAL »

i wld go wy man utd no great signings made but dnt think chelsea will do it again

augie

Post by augie »

I will suggest man shitty - I know that 10 years ago buying this squad of players wouldnt get them near winning the league but this is an average league now with no stand out teams so I feel they have a great chance. I know people will talk about them gelling and players being unhappy if not playing but in this regard the new 25 man squad rule will be great for them cos mancini will just tell them that cos they aint in the 25 they cannot play

More to the point is this the season where our luck runs out and we finally reliquish our top 4 spot ? Normally I would say that this squad is not good enough for the top 4 but as I said above it is an average league so who knows

REB

Post by REB »

i know people will say man city are just a bunch of mercenaries but so were chelsea when they bought the league :twisted: so i think man city have a great chance as well, and as augie says the league isnt as strong as it used to be so anyone of 4-5 could win the thing, but i think cjelsea will be too strong as a team again this year so they got my vote :cry:

RaM

Post by RaM »

I thought with my heart. :shock:

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

If we buy a GK,CB and a DM then i think it will be us, if not then i don't give a shit.... :evil:

augie

Post by augie »

Only One Tony Adams wrote:If we buy a GK,CB and a DM then i think it will be us, if not then i don't give a shit.... :evil:

Did you read rebel's post ? Think with your head and not with your heart mate so if your head is telling you that we are going to buy 3 quality players in the next few weeks to lead us to the title then I fear it is too late to even put you in a straight jacket in the funny farm :( I would probably understand your post more if you said that we will win the league as things now stand but to suggest that we will buy 3 more players.....thats a walt disney fairytale mate :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

Only One Tony Adams wrote:If we buy a GK,CB and a DM then i think it will be us, if not then i don't give a shit.... :evil:
we are not going to buy all three , will be lucky if wengers signs one :cry:

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

augie wrote:

Did you read rebel's post ? Think with your head and not with your heart mate so if your head is telling you that we are going to buy 3 quality players in the next few weeks to lead us to the title then I fear it is too late to even put you in a straight jacket in the funny farm :( I would probably understand your post more if you said that we will win the league as things now stand but to suggest that we will buy 3 more players.....thats a walt disney fairytale mate :lol:
ok i'll think with my head, Chav's to win it Arsenal 4th or 5th, you're right too even think that's le Boss will bring in three players before September is just wishful thinking.....cloud cuckoo land :banghead:

Rob

Post by Rob »

I said this elsewhere. If Mourinhio was Manager at City they'd win it by some distance with the players they've got. As it is I expect them to be short.

Utd for me.

And for those who think us :shock: If we get the keeper and centre back needed - possibly.

I think Wenger will get the CB but start with the same set of Keepers and if so we win NOWT again ! :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We COULD win it... if Wenger bought the players we need... :roll:

But I think Chelsea have been there, done it and must be faves again... as sick as that makes me feel...

Citeh have a real chance too, and you never write off the manure filth.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I think Chelsea and ManUre will be consistent and pick up a decent amount of points as usual, but I don't think either of them will surprise us. There squads aren't as dynamic as previous seasons, and they both look rather tired in truth, but they're full of experience and they'll continue to grind away up to 80-odd points each.

Liverpool look a mess, and won't challenge.

Question for me is whether Arsenal or Citeh have it in them to have a great season....

I think Citeh will be right up there, but for me they'll fall short.

As for Arsenal - they WILL sign a centre back and they WON'T sign a midfielder, however I genuinely believe we have a chance at the title IF a new 'keeper is bought.

So, at the moment I can't vote because the transfer window hasn't shut. Bump this thread after that.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

I think Chelsea will win the league again

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Man C
4. AFC
5. Liverpool
6. Sp**s

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Yeah, think the chavs will do it. No idea how we'll do. Im usually pretty positve but we need some quality to really challenge

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Depends on Kos, Chamakh and if Arsene buys a decent keeper.
Also Song not getting injured EVER and RvP playing 15+ games would be nice.

Can only see us or the blue shite.