When will we next win the League?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

When will we next win the League?

2010/2011
21%
2011/2012
8%
We will win it again under Wenger
15%
Wenger will never win it again
33%
Before 2020
15%
After 2020
8%

Total votes: 39

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

REBEL GOONER wrote:usmartin

please stop ruining every thread with moans about the board, i agree with a lot you say but if you want to talk about the board then start your own thread where people can then have there thoughts in print as such, this was a thread about when do people think we will win the league again not lets blame the board for us been shite and spending no money etc , thanks
Straight from the head honcho's mouth. Now behave! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :twisted: :wink:

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

If you ignore the troll, he'll probably stop posting. At the moment, he's owning you, quite frankly.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Wenger will never win it again, because

a) Cesc will leave next summer
b) Wenger will not sign enough quality players
c) City and Chelsea will sign enough quality players

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

This season

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

please stop ruining every thread with moans about the board, i agree with a lot you say but if you want to talk about the board then start your own thread where people can then have there thoughts in print as such, this was a thread about when do people think we will win the league again not lets blame the board for us been shite and spending no money etc , thanks
The last time I opened my own thread specifically with avoiding this situation in mind it was locked as a repeat thread and I was instructed to post in the thread I was trying to avoid posting in.

Is it fair then if my threads are locked because these other threads are open that I cannot make a very valid point that affects when we will win the league again since that is the subject?

Just seeking guidance here

After all I have opened plenty of threads on my own and will gladly do so both on my own initiative and if need be to address other threads of discussion if I am allowed to do that. It seems unfair to say I can't open my own thread on a disussion in another thread to consider other posters's conmcerns but then if I am not allowed to that I cannot post a legitimate point in regard to them.

Again just seeking guidance here. I'll play ball but you have to give me a chance to do so too.

RossieGooner

Post by RossieGooner »

USMartin wrote:

The last time I opened my own thread specifically with avoiding this situation in mind it was locked as a repeat thread and I was instructed to post in the thread I was trying to avoid posting in.

Is it fair then if my threads are locked because these other threads are open that I cannot make a very valid point that affects when we will win the league again since that is the subject?

After all I have opened plenty of threads on my own and will gladly do so both on my own initiative and if need be to address other threads of discussion if I am allowed to do that. It seems unfair to say I can't open my own thread on a disussion in another thread to consider other posters's conmcerns but then if I am not allowed to that I cannot post a legitimate point in regard to them.

Again just seeking guidance here. I'll play ball but you have to give me a chance to do so too.
Here you go :

http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/view ... hp?t=26212

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

RossieGooner wrote:
USMartin wrote:

Here you go :

I'll wait on what Rebel says thanks.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

RossieGooner wrote:
USMartin wrote:

Here you go :

I'll wait on what Rebel says thanks.

REB

Post by REB »

the problem is martin that you seem to repeat yourself on an awful lot of threads,
i have no problem with your posts in general or your threads, in fact some of them generate good debate . the only problem i have is why do you feel the need to bring up the board in other peoples threads when it is not appropriate.
that is all and it was not a dig at you in person and i will lock any thread that does the same.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

REBEL GOONER wrote:the problem is martin that you seem to repeat yourself on an awful lot of threads,
i have no problem with your posts in general or your threads, in fact some of them generate good debate . the only problem i have is why do you feel the need to bring up the board in other peoples threads when it is not appropriate.
that is all and it was not a dig at you in person and i will lock any thread that does the same.
No worries Rebel.

And I wasn't having a go at you in my reply.

As to your points

I DO repeat myself a lot because I believe what I am saying needs to be heard and thus bears repeating. I wouldn't repeat myself all the time otherwise.

As to the thread hi-jacking thing I am willing to play ball but genuinely don't get how someon this forum can believe they engaging in genuine and legitimate explorations of club issues that may go back to the Board;'s policies but not want that possibility includeded as part of those discussions. It reduces these discussions at times to absurdity as hen people discussing our decline try to blame on the increased number of injured players instead of considering the possibility that the depth and quality of the squad had been reduced by these policies. We had as many bad injuries in 2001-2002 as any of the past three years and won the Premiership fairly easily.

I just don't get the desire to ignore this issue when it may in fact directly impact the particular discussion is all. It makes these discussions with all due respect seem naive and silly and almost worthy of Pravda.com. It's sad because we have smart people deliberately dumbing themselves ,their discussions of important matters to them, and if they can the forum as a whole down. Given how much we all love Arsenal and how seriously we take the matters involving and affecting Arsenal I just don't understand how this mentality genuinely serves anyone or achieves anything.

Like I say I'll be glad to open my own threads if people genuinely believe pretending to analyze things is more useful than truly analyzing them which is what is going on when you limit how they can be analyzed. I just would say that iif a mod closes those threads and says post in the original thread I should be able to post as I see fit. I shouldn't get denied the oporunity ot express my views twice as often as anyone lese, should I?

Just a question again not having a go.

augie

Post by augie »

Will never win the league again under wenger. Although maybe if the chavs are banned from playing those nasty adult sized bullies, if manure were stopped from using better tactics than us and if man shitty are only allowed to use a transfer budget the size of barnets then we might win a league again under wenger........it is so unfair boo hoo hoo :wailer: :oops: :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Overall I believe that we will keep fighting. We have improved our efficiency and I have great belief in these players.

....err, not under Wenger

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

When Mein Fuhrer just fucking wakes up and admits to himself the project isn't working, unloads shite like Denilson, Diaby, Comedy Eboue, Johan, Bendtner, Coco and Flappy and replaces injury prone part timers like RVP and Theo with proven quality and... it's never isn't it? :(

Kiki

Post by Kiki »

IN ARSENE WE TRUST

:barscarf:

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

See I don't get why it's okay to offer unsubstantiated or minimally substantauited theories blaming the manager and the manager alone and addressing the manager in inpossibly unfair and certainly offensive terms and circumstances and that is deemed legitimate ground to cover in these discussion but discussing the possibility even with some reasonably compelling evidence to support it that the Board and its policies may not be in the club's best interest without resorting to almost jingoistic insults and and name-calling is simply not acceptable.

I mean some of these comments aimed at the manager don't strike as humor and friendly banter or anything like it. I don't get why that would be a valid point to make and discuss or somehow more acceptable as part of the discussion
Last edited by USMartin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.