Super Sunday 16/1/11

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Big_G wrote:FT 0-0

so Super Sunday has 4 draws, exciting stuff ey :roll: :lol:
Yeah regular snoozefest that was.

Why anyone would pay for a 39th game in the far east or middle east is beyond me...imagine if you got Stoke v any team managed by Fat Sam/O'Neill/MCleish, you'd want a refund :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

id take that utd only 2 pts ahead of us albeit with agame in hand scum 6pts behind us and we have vastly huge goal difference over them

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

id take that utd only 2 pts ahead of us albeit with agame in hand scum 6pts behind us and we have vastly huge goal difference over them

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Surely any talk of the **** winning the title will end now.

If they win every single one of their remaining matches they would only have 85 points.

We're in a good position now, chelsea 5 points behind, **** 6. City and United only 2 points ahead but how many times have we been here before.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

The poor man's bergkamp did nothing too impress me and the ape had one decent shot. If Manure's better players had turned up they would have beaten the filth.

I want this unbeaten run to end so badly, can you imagine this load of shit being compared to The Invincibles.

Vidic maybe, but the keeper's not better than Lehman. Ferdidnand is no better than Sol was in 02-05, Evra or Cole ..do me a favour. The midfield not even worth comparing.

Then the forward players shrek and berbatoss v Terence and Dennis... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , the thought of comparing those 2 with our 2 is just embarrassing.

Please someone end this run, I'd like it to be us in April but it'll probably be Blackpool or Wigan which is funnier but not as sweet as revenge.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Arsenal 1991 wrote:Surely any talk of the y**s winning the title will end now.

If they win every single one of their remaining matches they would only have 85 points.

We're in a good position now, chelsea 5 points behind, y**s 6. City and United only 2 points ahead but how many times have we been here before.
Please don't talk about title wins one week after we got our pants pulled down by the 5th worst team in a shit lower league by a Tamas Priskin goal FFS. :banghead: :banghead:

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

topgoon wrote:
Arsenal 1991 wrote:Surely any talk of the y**s winning the title will end now.

We're in a good position now, chelsea 5 points behind, y**s 6. City and United only 2 points ahead but how many times have we been here before.
Please don't talk about title wins one week after we got our pants pulled down by the 5th worst team in a shit lower league by a Tamas Priskin goal FFS. :banghead: :banghead:
:banghead: :roll: :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Unbelievable lack of quality in the Mersey Derby... Torres got away with a lot today, he kicked out at Distan early in the game, he pushed his hand in Heittenger's face in front of the ref and he deliberately handled the ball, all this added to his yellow card...Thought Spuds would win today,but a decent result for us.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

People (ie sky) really have to drop this "5 teams can win it" crap.. chelsea and the scum are out of it and shitty and us are long shots at best.

It really bugs me when the established group-think persists long after becoming a load of shite, pure laziness.

Iceman29

Post by Iceman29 »

LDB wrote:People (ie sky) really have to drop this "5 teams can win it" crap.. chelsea and the scum are out of it and shitty and us are long shots at best.

It really bugs me when the established group-think persists long after becoming a load of shite, pure laziness.
Chelsea are still in it and Scum are a long shot

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Iceman29 wrote:
LDB wrote:People (ie sky) really have to drop this "5 teams can win it" crap.. chelsea and the scum are out of it and shitty and us are long shots at best.

Only if united drop a lot of points.

Iceman29

Post by Iceman29 »

Arsenal 1991 wrote:
Iceman29 wrote:

Only if united drop a lot of points.
They dropped two today and have to play Chelsea twice, Liverpool away, Arsenal away, Man City home with tough trips to Sunderland and Newcastle as well

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Iceman29 wrote:

chelsea have to beat manure home & away to stand a hope in hell - even then its gonna be a long shot. The totts have played manure twice and are 8 points + a game in hand off the pace - they're out of it as far as the league title goes.

Post by 1989 »

Spurs are defo out of it.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Dropped points all round!! :D
As for teams being out of it? Anyone remember CSKA Londons run at the start of the season compared to their form now??
No one saw that. so write off teams at your peril,,,,