Denilson - Arsenal don't have any real leaders

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal 1991

Denilson - Arsenal don't have any real leaders

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

He is correct but pretty shocking.

He starts of by saying it was Sol who galvanised the players after Aaron's injury in the stoke match then goes on to say:

"I think we lack leadership, and without leadership we can't move forward.
you can walk forward a bit, but then the same that's happened will happen again.

Those are things that happen, that makes us very sad indeed, but I don't see a player at arsenal who is a real leader. I can't see a single one.

Even if Fabregas is the captain, but he is not a real leader to me.

It does not depend on the players age or experience, there are young players who'll walk on the pitch and will show that leadership, but that's something of the personality of the player, he was born with that

So today, not only fabregas, but the important thing is that everyone is talking to each other, everyone understands each other, that's what's helping us this season." :shock:

Heres the link http://arseblog.com/2011/01/exclusive-a ... -denilson/ Its around the 11th minute.

P.S produced by arsenal brazil and arseblog http://www.arsenalbrasil.com.br/ – http://arseblog.com

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

When questioned who he thinks is a leader, gilberto silva? He said yes. Then he was asked does the squad need a reference point, Sol. He also said yes.

Then when asked who are the closest to leaders in the squad, he said no one. :shock:

Finally, he was asked whether there is someone who'll take the responsibility on themselves. He said no one. :shock: :roll: :banghead: :cry:

This is shocking, to here it straight from one of the players. I wonder what Cesc thinks about this.

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

think he is taking a pop at Fabregas, don't think they are friends after the Leeds match when Cesc basically called Denilson shit in the post match.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

We have needed a leader sice Vieira left.
Sol helped on a temporary basis.

Cesc and Song and Vermaelen lead by example by trying hard (except Cesc at Ipswich!).

But I see few if any shouters/galvanisers in our team,

But Wilshere was supposedly subbed by Wenger for shouting at other players???

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news ... e-shouted/
Last edited by QuartzGooner on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Captain Fabregas wrote:think he is taking a pop at Fabregas, don't think they are friends after the Leeds match when Cesc basically called Denilson shit in the post match.
The interview was done on the 5th Jan. :?

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

QuartzGooner wrote:We have needed a leader sice Vieira left.
Sol helped on a temporary basis.

Cesc and Song land Vermaelen lead by example by trying hard (except Cesc at Ipswich!).

But I see few if any shouters/galvanisers in our team,

But Wilshere was supposedly subbed by Wenger for shouting at other players???

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news ... e-shouted/
:shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What is he doing??? Hes seem to think that everyone has been doing it wrong for the last 100+ years and think that you don't need passion, leaders, good defence, goalscoring striker. Anything else he thinks we don't need. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Deni has got some front imo..Hes also 1 of the worse footballers ive ever seen.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Hopefully this is enough for Wenger to tell him to fuck off.

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

Arsenal 1991 wrote:
Captain Fabregas wrote:think he is taking a pop at Fabregas, don't think they are friends after the Leeds match when Cesc basically called Denilson shit in the post match.
The interview was done on the 5th Jan. :?
oh right lol well that's that theory fucked :oops:

Iceman29

Post by Iceman29 »

I think he should try and improve his game rather than trying to figure out a team leader. He is a bit rubbish and should be done away with in all honesty

Post by 1989 »

ARSENAL star Denilson has rocked the club by insisting Cesc Fabregas is not a good captain.

Brazilian Denilson, preparing for tonight's FA Cup replay at Leeds, said: "Fabregas is the captain but he is not a leader.

"It's a personality thing and a leader can be young. It's something they are born with.

"We are lacking leadership and we need leadership to go forward. There isn't a leader. I don't see one player as a leader.

"At Arsenal it's more of a collective team at the moment, everyone is talking - but a leader is always important for a team."

Midfielder Denilson, 22, also had strong views on Arsenal's goalkeeping situation.

Wojciech Szczesny is set to start tonight in place of the injured Lukasz Fabianski, yet Denilson believes neither is the club's No 1 stopper.

He said: "The best keeper at Arsenal is Manuel Almunia."

But Denilson gave his full backing to manager Arsene Wenger.

The Brazilian added: "His work is amazing and I admire all he has done giving opportunities to young players."

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Post by 1989 »

THINK HE MAY HAVE JUST FLUSHED HIS ARSENAL CAREER DOWN THE SHITTER LADS. EVERYONE REJOICE! :barscarf:

MM99

Post by MM99 »

Here's the video. Make your own minds up about it. Would also be good if Brazilliangooner could give his verdict on it so we know things aren't simply lost in translation.

http://vimeo.com/18913253

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

if....................... that is translated correctly he should never play for us again

if it is translated incorrectly....... he should nevr play for us again..... and we should get a new translator :D

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

It's embarrassing to imagine between a group of twenty players nobody wants to take responsibility?

All very strange, in previous years the skipper would have a strong bond with the gaffer (eg Adams/Graham, Vieira/Wenger?). Maybe because it's widely assumed our skipper will one day be off to Barca this is affecting the leadership issue amongst others?