Rambo back at Cardiff

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

I have a feeling that this is not a football move. I think it's a confidence move. I hear that at Forest he shied away from a few tackles and the mental scars are clearly there. A month at home, with the whole crowd singing your name might bring him through the hard moments of his initial return to first team football.

Just my theory.

Post by 1989 »

He better come back in time to pick up his Carling Cup Winners' medal. :wink:

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

1989 wrote:He better come back in time to pick up his Carling Cup runners up' medal. :wink:
Fixed that for you :D :wink:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 370546.stm

Aaron Ramsey admits he made the final decision on his Cardiff City return as he wants to fire his boyhood club back to the Championship summit.

Ramsey has completed a one-month loan spell from Arsenal as he bids for match-fitness after his broken leg.

So the Wales midfielder has a double reason to impress on his comeback.

"I thought it was the right time to come back, play in a few games and help Cardiff get a few points to get in top position again," Ramsey told BBC Sport.

The 20-year-old talent sealed his loan move to the Championship promotion hopefuls Cardiff on Saturday,

Ramsey's return to the south Wales club comes two-and-a-half years after he left to join Premier League giants Arsenal as a teenager for £5m - after turning down offers to move to Manchester United and Everton.

He could not play in their thrilling 4-2 win over Watford on Saturday - a result that moved Cardiff into the top two - as Ramsey had not received international clearance.

But the Caerphilly-born youngster will be available for seven games for Cardiff - possibly making his playing return against Reading on 1 February - before Arsenal require a full-fit Ramsey back.

Dave Jones said the loan deal is "open-ended" as the Bluebirds boss hopes Ramsey will remain at the Cardiff City Stadium for longer and have a 24-recall clause safety net for Arsenal.

Every club at the top end of the division is bringing players in and we are no different as I'm still looking for another two," said Jones.

"With regards to Aaron Ramsey, it's an open loan, and hopefully we can keep him longer than a month, but that will be up to Arsenal."

But Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, whose team are fighting for European and domestic honours this season, has indicated Ramsey will only be with the Championship high-fliers for one month so can be in their Champions League squads later this season.

Ramsey, though, wanted to come home to regain his match-sharpness after suffering a horrific double leg break last February.

Ramsey, who signed a new long-term Arsenal deal in June 2010, required surgery to fix fractures to his tibia and fibula in his right leg after a challenge by Stoke City defender Ryan Shawcross.

"My agent spoke to Cardiff and Arsene Wenger and this was where I wanted to come," said Ramsey.

"It has been quite a tough 10 months for me on occasions but I have had great support which has helped me through this period.

"I feel I'm nearly there now, I probably need another game or so and just need to get my mind back on the game and back into match situations.

"My aim is to get back to where I was before my injury, I hoped to get straight back into it but that was a bit optimistic."

Ramsey made his return from his broken leg for Nottingham Forest at Leicester City on 29 November during a two-month loan spell at the City Ground - but now has joined Cardiff on loan.

Ramsey's final game of his initial spell at Cardiff was their 1-0 FA Cup final defeat to Portsmouth at Wembley in May 2008.

The playmaker, who started at Cardiff's academy aged eight, became their youngest senior player aged 16 years and 124 days when he replaced Paul Parry in a 1-0 home defeat by Hull City in April 2007.

He is Dave Jones' fourth signing of the January transfer window and hopes to add creative guile in a Bluebirds midfield without injured pair Stephen McPhail and Jason Koumas.

"There have been a few changes since I was last here," said Ramsey.

"There is a new training complex, a new stadium and the squad has changed as well as we have some of the best players in the league now.

"There have been big improvements since I was last here and the club is moving in the right direction.

"So hopefully I can play a part in the team and try to get back to my best."

Ramsey's arrival adds expectation at Cardiff to win promotion to the Premier League as he joins a star-studded squad that includes Craig Bellamy, Jay Bothroyd, Michael Chopra, Peter Whittingham and Seyi Olofinjana.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

It's a good move, he'll be familiar with the Cardiff system and should get some games in (he really didn't have much time to play for Forest in truth).

I hope his recovery (mentally) continues, as I'm sure it will take a run of games for him to start to move confidently again and dig in for Premiership challenges. I really really really do not want to see this brilliant Welsh footballer's career spiral downward thanks to that thug Shawcross.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Anyone else think we may never see Ramsey in an Arsenal shirt again?

:?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Percy Dalton wrote:Anyone else think we may never see Ramsey in an Arsenal shirt again?

Im going to be a smart arse here but ive said that all along injuries like his and Eduardos take a lot of coming back from, many others on here said i was talking bullshit as his injury wasnt as bad as Eddies which might be right but to have your foot dangling like that must fuck you up mentally more so than physically maybe. I hope he makes a perfect comeback but i doubt it somehow

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

flash gunner wrote:
Percy Dalton wrote:Anyone else think we may never see Ramsey in an Arsenal shirt again?

Im going to be a smart arse here but ive said that all along injuries like his and Eduardos take a lot of coming back from, many others on here said i was talking bullshit as his injury wasnt as bad as Eddies which might be right but to have your foot dangling like that must fuck you up mentally more so than physically maybe. I hope he makes a perfect comeback but i doubt it somehow
I think we'll see him again in an Arsenal shirt but I have a feeling he may be back at Cardiff until the end of the season as he does need to get his confidence back and I do agree with you Flash that even though it wasn't as bad as Eddies, it was still a leg break and it will have a mental impact on him. He had real potential to become a top-class midfielder before the injury, I have some doubts whether he'll really fulfuil his potential but hope he can still be an asset for us (he's miles better than Denilson at any rate!)

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

Starting to look that way aint it percy,

More and more reason why thugs like shawcross should be banned from the game

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Me. :banghead: :(

And we keep Denilson :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Very much open to correction on this, but I think I read somewhere that you cannot play for three teams in the same season. That was why Arsenal only would allow Lansbury to extend his loan at Norwich rather than go elsewhere. Wenger was quoted as saying that he wanted Lansbury to finish the season at Arsenal. Anyway if that's the case when Ramsey plays for Cardiff he would be ineligible for Arsenal until next season.
Every time I think of Ryan Shawcross I get upset that the prick is still playing and actually got sympathy from the morons in the media. Ramsey hasn't played for Arsenal for eleven months, a great career in ruins possibly.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Bradywasking wrote:Very much open to correction on this, but I think I read somewhere that you cannot play for three teams in the same season. That was why Arsenal only would allow Lansbury to extend his loan at Norwich rather than go elsewhere. Wenger was quoted as saying that he wanted Lansbury to finish the season at Arsenal. Anyway if that's the case when Ramsey plays for Cardiff he would be ineligible for Arsenal until next season.
Every time I think of Ryan Shawcross I get upset that the prick is still playing and actually got sympathy from the morons in the media. Ramsey hasn't played for Arsenal for eleven months, a great career in ruins possibly.
That means he can't pick up his winners medal! :shock: :(

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Its very sad. I'ld like Arsenal to get someone like Stuart Pearce to talk to him and help him out. If anyone knows what its like to come back from broken legs its him

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

Bradywasking wrote:Very much open to correction on this, but I think I read somewhere that you cannot play for three teams in the same season. That was why Arsenal only would allow Lansbury to extend his loan at Norwich rather than go elsewhere. Wenger was quoted as saying that he wanted Lansbury to finish the season at Arsenal. Anyway if that's the case when Ramsey plays for Cardiff he would be ineligible for Arsenal until next season.
His loan to Nottingham Forrest was classed as an Emergency Loan and thus doesn't count towards this rule :-P

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

rigsby wrote:Its very sad. I'ld like Arsenal to get someone like Stuart Pearce to talk to him and help him out. If anyone knows what its like to come back from broken legs its him
Shame Evel Knievel has passed away as he could have helped him recover too :?