100 - RvP

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Post by 1989 »

Metalheadz Gooner wrote:Check Song's response to RVP's goal, just turns around and walks off head down.

If that had been another team the whole team would of mobbed him.

My point is, it's obvious to see we have shit team spirit in the side. I think we have the quality, it's just the never say die attitude and willingness to run through walls for each other which we lack.

Big up RVP though! :barscarf:
+1

Also did you see when the Bolton players ganged up on him and no one in a red shirt backed him up? Awful team spirit, absolute shite.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

1989 wrote:
Metalheadz Gooner wrote:Check Song's response to RVP's goal, just turns around and walks off head down.

My point is, it's obvious to see we have shit team spirit in the side. I think we have the quality, it's just the never say die attitude and willingness to run through walls for each other which we lack.

+1

Also did you see when the Bolton players ganged up on him and no one in a red shirt backed him up? Awful team spirit, absolute shite.
That was crazy, Bolton player down injured on the edge of their own area, they play on and have a shot at goal, when Arsenal do the same the Bolton players go mad at RVP...The same RVP who is on his way to Citeh apparently. Wouldn't mind a few months without these rumours.

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Any videos of his 100 goals doing the rounds yet?

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Yes RVP is quality but here starts the whole contract saga again. He has 2 years left and he says he is happy with that.
It will be yet another top player who we will have to wait and see if he stays.
Mind you he has been loyal at times when he could have walked so lets hope he decides to stay.
Quality player

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Yes RVP is quality but here starts the whole contract saga again. He has 2 years left and he says he is happy with that.
Mind you he has been loyal at times when he could have walked so lets hope he decides to stay.
Quality player

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

supergeorgegraham wrote:Yes RVP is quality but here starts the whole contract saga again. He has 2 years left and he says he is happy with that.
Quality player
I have two years left on my contract, I don't want to discuss it now, I am happy here now..translates into Van Persie next to leave..Maybe he will but Arsenal have reached a point where the media and Man City see every player as buyable..

Metalheadz Gooner

Post by Metalheadz Gooner »

1989 wrote:

+1

Wilshre would of been straight in there, so would have TV.

We're so spineless other than a chosen few.

Metalheadz Gooner

Post by Metalheadz Gooner »

1989 wrote:

+1

Wilshre would of been straight in there, so would have TV.

We're so spineless other than a chosen few.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

The lack of support for RvP when Bolton players surounded him made me take note.....the spirit is lacking....OT 91 and 04 would never have happened but for the spirit and the fight.....

Miss that fighting spirit

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:

+1

I thought that was fucking disgraceful tbh. I've played football for 37 or so years and every single team I played for had the ethos of "one in, all in" (Calm down BG... I mean on the pitch, not with the ladies! :wink: ).

I remember having a bit of a row with a mate the day of the infamous jostling session at old shatford (when Keown hung in the air over VanLongface like a fucking fantastically psycho vampire).

One of my mates likes to play the "morally outraged / socially unacceptable behaviour" card alot and he was whining on like a bitch about how embarrassed he was at the way Parlour and Keown etc carried on. I lost it with him because I was so fucking PROUD of them, the spirit, the never say die take no shit from anyone attitude of them.

It's everything this current lot (bar maybe one or two) are lacking. No guts, no team spirit, no never say die attitude. It's why RVP is left surrounded by mongs, it's why our players walk off hugging and laughing and joking with oppo players that have just publicly humiliated them. Shower of pampered, spineless cunts.

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Metalheadz Gooner wrote: Also did you see when the Bolton players ganged up on him and no one in a red shirt backed him up? Awful team spirit, absolute shite.
I thought that was fucking disgraceful tbh.
+1

Four against ONE? :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
1989 wrote:

+1

I thought that was fucking disgraceful tbh. I've played football for 37 or so years and every single team I played for had the ethos of "one in, all in" (Calm down BG... I mean on the pitch, not with the ladies! :wink: ).

I remember having a bit of a row with a mate the day of the infamous jostling session at old shatford (when Keown hung in the air over VanLongface like a fucking fantastically psycho vampire).

One of my mates likes to play the "morally outraged / socially unacceptable behaviour" card alot and he was whining on like a bitch about how embarrassed he was at the way Parlour and Keown etc carried on. I lost it with him because I was so fucking PROUD of them, the spirit, the never say die take no shit from anyone attitude of them.

It's everything this current lot (bar maybe one or two) are lacking. No guts, no team spirit, no never say die attitude. It's why RVP is left surrounded by mongs, it's why our players walk off hugging and laughing and joking with oppo players that have just publicly humiliated them. Shower of pampered, spineless cunts.
Spot on mate

wicklowgooner

Post by wicklowgooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
1989 wrote:

+1

This is 100% spot on, how the fuck can someone going out to play a match or just after a big game be more concerned with joking and laughing with the opposition. Paddy V always had a smile and a joke for Keane didn't he.
Pisses me off :evil: :evil:

Chips and Chocolate

Here's a compilation of Robin's 100 goals in Arsenal colours (take a bow son!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyZ5c3m3IJI

And for those who have money to throw away, the club has released an official dvd

Chips and Chocolate

Edit: the dvd will be released in November. It's only a pre-order