January 2012 Transfer Window

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

1989 wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:Are you having a laugh Quartz? :shock: :shock: :? We've just finished a 4 month campaign of transfer speculation which involved over 350 pages and you want to start another one already? :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :roll:
And I thought I was the transfer muppet. :lol:
Oh don't worry, you still are. :lol: :lol: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

For what it's worth I think that Cahill might end up at Chelsea. Didn't Bolton just loan a couple of players from them? :? Maybe it was in lieu of a future deal with Cahill? Even if that's not the case, seeing as he will be a free agent, I can't see us matching their wage offer.

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Bring back Cesc!

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Hope to God we've agreed something behind the scenes with Bolton for Cahill in Jan or next Summer. After all - we loaned them young Jack and he was brilliant for the Trotters.

If Cahill has a good Autumn / Winter though he will be much in demand and unless we make a massive improvement, we won't be first on anyone's list!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

flash gunner wrote:Sneijder booked flights to Heathrow on January 1st apparently
he spends most of his time in heathrow these days don't he? :? :lol: :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

nuttygoonerpaul67 wrote:wenger will go back in for cahill , cos come jan he can talk to clubs is that right ???, i just have a feeling .. i think hazard will come in jan , he put in a transfer req last nite

He can sign a precontract with clubs in europe from 1st of jan but not with english clubs as far as im aware

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

northbankbren wrote:I hear were in for Joe Cole :shock:

:roll: :oops: :wink:
Makes sense he plays in france now, he'll be player of the year and guaranteed to sign for us next year.
Now transfer window closed, kinda bored international break

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

defo will need another striker, especially if RVP gets injured, and the defence will depend on how well Vermaelen and Mertesacker are playing

can't see Cahill coming and being 3rd choice

Step

Post by Step »

Personally most of my delight re the last transfer window revolved around the spuds failure to get Cahill.

I too firmly belive that wenger will be in early in Jan to get his man. Then Vermaelen can take a FB position and we can pair Per with Cahill at CB.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Totally agree with you Step as my only satisfaction was Cahill not going there as we should have signed him.

However think we lost our chance now, we had the chance to do the deal and didn't so we haven't shown him we really wanted him. Come January he will have no incentive to join a club outside top 4 who won't offer the package others will.

We needed him, he is comfortable on the ground and good in the air, an ideal foil for TV or PM. We could use him central with PM and TV on left, or as part of a back 3 (remember that) which would also get the best out of Santos who appears better going forward than defensively.

As it is we are one injury away from our current third rate backups with no going back so think we can forget about Cahill barring a miracle.

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Mario Goetze

:twisted:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Cahill and Goetze would be good,as well as offloading the dross like Almunia,Diaby,Squillaci,Djourou,and Bendtner,(permanantly not just on loan).I wold also like to see Vela being given more of a chance,I think that he is better than a lot of people think.

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

digger wrote:Cahill won't be free, but he can talk to other clubs and sign a pre-contract - although I'm sure that only applies to foreign clubs. Best thing we could do is nip in early with a £5m bid and just wrap it up while the other managers are still balls deep in turkey.

We may not need another CB by Jan, depending on how Mertesacker fits in...
Regardless if Mertesacker fits in really well, all it takes is an injury to him or Vermaelen and we are fucked, we needed to sign another CB in the window just gone, not wait until January

REB

Post by REB »

cahill to come next summer with owen coyle with him :wink:

but quartz what were you thinking :lol: upsetting hlebbly like that :wink:

and flash

fuck off with your sneijder talk :banghead: :lol:

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

I think we've missed the boat with Cahill now. Wenger could have had him in the summer and refused to pay the price Bolton were asking. Cahill will be wondering why he should go to AFC if they clearly don't want him as much as they want some 12 year old from Southampton.