Citeh doomed to fail?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Citeh doomed to fail?

Post by goonersid »

Citeh seem on paper to have the football world at their feet, loads of cash and some of the top players in the world.
Yet once again they look as if they are going to shoot themselves in the foot. Tevez' refusal to play, followed by Mancini's public damning of him. Dzeko apparently spitting his dummie when substituted and the "unsettled" Balotelli and the baggage he brings. A very divided dressing room will surely be the result.
So will citeh ever get it right or are they doomed to failure. I honestly thought they would win the title this season and would go close in the clge, but it seems the wheels are already coming off the citeh gravy train.
I certainly hope so, they have behaved like the chavs since their Arab sugar daddy bankrolled them. And it couldn't happen to a bigger shower of *word censored*.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

If you would call finishing 2nd in the league, winning a domestic cup and reaching the last 8 of the CL failure then yes they are doomed to fail. Though they have not done any of these things yet, I believed thats the best they could achieve this season. Though that will not be enough for the Sheikhs.

The media have overhyped them. They got some real attacking talent, probably the best on paper in England, but they are up against an United team and its manager who knows what it takes to win the EPL. Their defense though pretty good is not solid enough to win one of the big competitions. We are yet to see if they can get the results when things arnt going well for them, which United have done time and again.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

What made me laugh last night was watching that *word censored* Nasri, confirming the belief that he really hates playing away from home, like he did for us, I hope he gets his just deserts.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Gunnerz4life wrote:Their defense though pretty good is not solid enough to win one of the big competitions.
Most defences in the PL are shocking right now. The media are creaming themselves over Man U but they got found out last night, Chelsea should have had 6 or 7 against them, we should have had 4 or 5 were we not crap. Man Shitty and the Chavs have "OK" defences at best. All the top clubs are operating with a emphasis on strong attack and 'meh' defence with a decent goalkeeper.

It says it all when Newcastle have the best defence in the league right now

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

skizz_b wrote:
Gunnerz4life wrote:Their defense though pretty good is not solid enough to win one of the big competitions.
Most defences in the PL are shocking right now. The media are creaming themselves over Man U but they got found out last night, Chelsea should have had 6 or 7 against them, we should have had 4 or 5 were we not crap. Man Shitty and the Chavs have "OK" defences at best. All the top clubs are operating with a emphasis on strong attack and 'meh' defence with a decent goalkeeper.

It says it all when Newcastle have the best defence in the league right now
You have to see the performances over the last few seasons. United have been fantastic defensively barring the odd match here and there. In the games you mentioned either Vidic or Ferdinand or both were missing. These 2 have played as big a part in United's success over the last few years as the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and the others. I'm not saying they will be as good this season but they are definitely on paper at least miles ahead of the Citeh and Chelsea defense.

augie

Post by augie »

I actually think last light could be the making of citeeh if the manager is backed by those above him in the club.

Last night mancini laid down a serious marker not just to tevez and dzeco but to everyone of his players that nobody is bigger than the team and indiscipline will not be tolerated under any circumstances 8) Mancini clearly decided in the summer that he could no longer plan around tevez as the little argie kept angling for a move away and so he attempted to move on with the purchase of kun. Sadly, for mancini's sake anyway, nobody actually came in with enough money to buy tevez so he has been lingering away in the background like a bad smell and questions were always been fired at mancini about why he hasnt played him and if he is part of his future plans etc so last nights statement has drawn a line under that and consigned tevez to the history books. In january tevez will be off, more likely to be on loan though, but when they sell him they will take a hit on the price cos everybody will know that citeeh no longer want him but lets be honest mancini wont give a fcuk about the financial end of it.

Personally I cannot see the wheels come off for citeeh now - ballotelli might actually be encouraged cos a rival for a striker spot is gone. Citeeh have several real leaders in their squad (de jong, kompany, 2 toure's etc) and they will not let the players lose focus and if these players are as mercenary as many think then they will not want to burn their bridges at citeeh and ruin that gravy train so they will keep their behaviour in check from now on

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

The thing with citeh is that mancini can only play defensive minded football but as they have 17 strikers and 25 wingers, he's been kinda forced to play out of his depth with four attacking man plus Yaya. The team lost it's consistency in the midfield due to his inability to manage an offensive minded team.

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

The sight of chickens coming home to roost in Munich last night was very entertaining.
Tevez, always a divisive character, was desperate to leave Manchester to be nearer his family. So he moved from Utd to Citeh for twice the money, is still pissed-off and still wants to leave.

City have only got themselves to blame. When clubs sign the Tevezes, Bartons, Marlon Kings of this world what do they expect to happen.

Given the megabucks that the Arabs have got I'd love to see Tevez spend the next 3 years in the reserves.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SpanishJoe wrote:The sight of chickens coming home to roost in Munich last night was very entertaining.
Tevez, always a divisive character, was desperate to leave Manchester to be nearer his family. So he moved from Utd to Citeh for twice the money, is still pissed-off and still wants to leave.

City have only got themselves to blame. When clubs sign the Tevezes, Bartons, Marlon Kings of this world what do they expect to happen.

Given the megabucks that the Arabs have got I'd love to see Tevez spend the next 3 years in the reserves.
That would indeed be justice. 8)

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

City will never win the league while Mancini is manager.

Post by 1989 »

Tevez is a *word censored* of the highest order. The cheek of him to actually refuse to do a job he's paid an absolute fortune to do. Dispicable, ugly little scumbag.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

I'd quite like to see Diaby or Chamakh refuse to come on when asked.
8)

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

City will be fine, too much money to fail.

They dont have to overcome a barca, only fergie+ his refs, and i dont see chelsea stopping them.

Mancini has a good balance for the PL, theyll go far.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

franksav63 wrote:What made me laugh last night was watching that c**t Nasri, confirming the belief that he really hates playing away from home, like he did for us, I hope he gets his just deserts.
When it kicked off on the bench I thought Nasri looked like a scared schoolboy (or girl)..City are fine when winning but havn't the capacity to come from behind..too many individuals for that. Did anyone notice Silva's reaction when Aguero had yet another shot blocked rather than pass the ball.? Pure frustration but I thought he was expecting nothing else from the strikers.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

would mind swapping Petulant Tevez, & Dzeko for Chamack and Arshavin