Going away in Europe.....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

Dan_85 wrote:
RocastleRock wrote:I've always dreamt about going to an away game in europe, it's just so damm expensive!!

I'll do it one day.
I've done many euro aways for less than what it costs me to get to Newcastle, Sunderland, Manchester etc! You've just gotta get flights booked quickly after the draw is made...
my flights to dortmund this season cost less than the match ticket :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yeah, when I went to Dortmund we got flights for £22 return with 'German Wings', bargain!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Put aside the quite normal prejudice against our neighbours and spare a thought for a spuds mate of mine who is trying desperately to keep up a record of not having missed a match since before time began.....

I thought Marseille was quite an adventure.....but next week he is travelling to see them play against Rubin. Flying into Moscow is bad enough, but they are then catching a connecting flight to travel 400 miles east of there to Kazan. And because Spuds couldn't give a monkey's about the Europa League the club are not even laying on an official trip.

Maybe something for us to look forward to next season.......

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

MK Gould wrote:Put aside the quite normal prejudice against our neighbours and spare a thought for a spuds mate of mine who is trying desperately to keep up a record of not having missed a match since before time began.....

I thought Marseille was quite an adventure.....but next week he is travelling to see them play against Rubin. Flying into Moscow is bad enough, but they are then catching a connecting flight to travel 400 miles east of there to Kazan. And because Spuds couldn't give a monkey's about the Europa League the club are not even laying on an official trip.

Maybe something for us to look forward to next season.......
Would love a few more trips to places like this. Not cheap but I'd definitely do it if I could afford it!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Haven't done an away euro trip since Paris 06 :(

went to Vienna (3 days on a coach :( )
then Benfica in 91/ 92.

in 93 / 94 Torino. PSG, Copenhagen :barscarf:

Paris v Real Zaragoza :(

Then got a mortgage, married and kids :roll:

Herd

away youve never been away untill

Post by Herd »

Screw spurs done Moscow ,Magdeburg and Leipzig before the Iron curtain lifted up and showed us its Gusset listening to this and drinking Bulgarian champoo !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTGH2knOeqg

Have large its Fridaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !