Marseille at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Marseille at home

Post by Chippy »

Following on from today we should slaughter them. Or will it be service as usual?
Last edited by Chippy on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

"We will win and all will be rosy in the Wenger garden" said Flash

IrishGunner

Post by IrishGunner »

As long as AW learnt from last year (haha) and not field a CC team thinking we got the group sorted then we should win 3/2-1. Gotta concede one goal

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

Peeman wrote:"We will win and all will be rosy in the Wenger garden" said Flash
What he said.

Defensive errors aside, we simply need to keep the form up, no reason to stop now.

jamjc64

Re: Marseille at home

Post by jamjc64 »

Chippy wrote:Following on from today we should slaughter them. Or will it be service as usual?
By that i take it you mean another win :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Am over with the wife and kids for this one - tbh it wouldnt be my choice of game but was the only game I could get 4 lower tickets together

Might seem greedy but after today I think we should expect to see another passionate performance - a win is obviously the crucial thing but another half arsed display on tues night would suggest that today was a one off game but another good performance might suggest that we have turned a corner. I know that having seen marseille a fortnight ago we would take them to the cleaners if we turn in another performance like today

SE12red

Post by SE12red »

Hope today's win improves the atmosphere for Tuesday . A rocking European night would be great .

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Now its usually about this point in the group where Wenger starts to "tinker" with the line up, leaving us scrapping to qualify in the last game! Marseille were poor at home, so they should be there for the taking at our place, can't afford to fuck this up...

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Don't care about this right now.

I am happy and want to keep feeling this way all season.

:barscarf:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Percy Dalton wrote:Don't care about this right now.

I am happy and want to keep feeling this way all season.

@hunglikeafieldmouse

:barscarf:
FIXED. :lol:

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

He might rest Robin but other then that, no reason to not be fielding the better players.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Difficuilt to call this game....going by the result in Marseille you'd think it would be a straight forward win for us...but i'm not so sure it will be...

If you look at the first half in that game Marseille looked quite a capable side and if we see that Marseille at the Grove then they will give us problems... For some reason they fell apart in the second half and we eventually profitted from that, but i wouldn't take it for granted that they will be so poor again..

Playing away from home might suit them, they have some quick, technically good attacking players and if we are pressing high on the pitch, which we normally would at home, with our poor defensive organisation and lack of pace we could end up being exposed...

I won't bother trying to guess a score because we are still so unpredictable, against any decent side any score is possible, win or lose...

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote:Difficuilt to call this game....going by the result in Marseille you'd think it would be a straight forward win for us...but i'm not so sure it will be...

If you look at the first half in that game Marseille looked quite a capable side and if we see that Marseille at the Grove then they will give us problems... For some reason they fell apart in the second half and we eventually profitted from that, but i wouldn't take it for granted that they will be so poor again..

Playing away from home might suit them, they have some quick, technically good attacking players and if we are pressing high on the pitch, which we normally would at home, with our poor defensive organisation and lack of pace we could end up being exposed...

I won't bother trying to guess a score because we are still so unpredictable, against any decent side any score is possible, win or lose...
nah mate they were piss poor at home and couldnt create anything. dont remember being worried once (for a change). we should whoop them to please the loyalists :barscarf:

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Can't see anyting but an Arsenal win.

Can see rosicky, arshavin maybe chamack getting a game but should be enough.

Be nice to send the kids to greece for a little holiday for the last game.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I would start with RVP, get a lead and take him off after an hour.
give Park a run out and then start him on Saturday. If required RVP can then come off the bench like at Stoke