Player tattoos

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
lowerwest

Player tattoos

Post by lowerwest »

Just thought i would comment on this having seen Aaron Ramsey's leg montrosity this morning. I guess i have to be fair and say i am not in favour of tattoos generally but the thought process behind defacing yourself forever does fascinate me. It seems to be the modern trend for footballers now and i guess anyone who is a celebrity to have it done....the fashion seems to be having the whole of one arm done and the other bare. I am wondering is it becuase there are in the public eye,is it because they desire people to be talking about them or is it that they have too much time of their hands. Tattoos are very subjective and always produce comment...i mean why didnt Jack Wilshere have something small rather than the fucking great effort he had.Theo with his bum fluff and tats...is he trying to look hard.I prefer a Vermaelen type....decent haircut,super player,steelly gaze and definitely no artwork.

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

I think its more to do with taste and the fact they might like tattoos. Its not a footballer thing as nearly everyone I know has a tattoo. My arms are covered and I don’t do it to look like a footballer.

I love the art behind tatts, always have done.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Here's mine;

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

kingjayson1 wrote:Here's mine;

is that you and nick?

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
kingjayson1 wrote:Here's mine;

is that you and nick?
Yeah, I am the one lying down :wink:

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

ah hahahahahahahaha. Im at work and the whole office now think im a homo. Thanks King Jayson.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

I really like tattoos and don't have a problem with other people having them. I'm not sure about getting tattoos all over your face or anything but on your arms and legs isn't a problem.

I don't have any personally but I'm not against getting one done. It would have to be quite meaningful. A friend of mine had a good mate of his pass away young, and he read a line from a poem at his funeral - it was obviously incredibly moving so he had that line tattoo'd on his arm. I think that's a good thing and a lasting memory to his friend.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

gunner_ace wrote:ah hahahahahahahaha. Im at work and the whole office now think im a homo. Thanks King Jayson.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, its beautiful. If you want a sneak preview just let me know :wink:

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

kingjayson1 wrote:
gunner_ace wrote:ah hahahahahahahaha. Im at work and the whole office now think im a homo. Thanks King Jayson.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, its beautiful. If you want a sneak preview just let me know :wink:
It is certainly something.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Your not well son

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

footballer or not everyone seems to get tattooed nowadays. I must admit, I made a bit of a mistake with mine- got me girlfriends name done in black ink at the top of me right arm (nice joining up letters and that, looked all classy) and then, as you do, we fell out. Nee bother I thought, St Georges cross/ SAFC badge over it I thought. Went into the place and they said "oh no mate, if the tattoo is black you cant put anything with lighter colours over it, if you do the old tattoo will still show through" :banghead:

so now I'm stuck either with having her name on me arm (we kind of keep getting back on and then falling out again so its fine sometimes), getting it lasered off (nope, I'm far too soft for all that, sounds aw git painful and that) or getting some meaningless shite over the top of it to cover it :cry:

dudbux

Post by dudbux »

Im getting my first tatts this month! Day before the Norwich game!

Im not a fan of Leg tattoos like Aaron's. But last time I checked its his body. He will have to live with it forever not me!!!!

:barscarf:

lowerwest

Player tats

Post by lowerwest »

I am not against them per se and like i said they fascinate me in a way. It just seems to be the thing for footballers and sportsmen in particular so was just thinking about the thought process. I mean its all very well when you are young and buff but what happens when things start going south. Ramsey didnt really look the type so i wonder is it a main topic of conversation after birds they have shagged and cars.

Womens names....now you are really asking for trouble.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

i love tattoo's fkin expensive tho

lowerwest

Player tats

Post by lowerwest »

What about the pain of having them done?