Beware the Germans are coming

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Never Outgunned wrote:
Chips and Chocolate wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7W7q7pWygU

Always a good laugh them Germans... Cologne and Dortmund were crackers, bring on Munich!!!
Germans? Laugh? I always thought they had no sense of humour

Anyway didn't they bomb our ground and prevent football being played for 7 years meaning we lost our place as the world's biggest club as we were in the 30s?

Kuntz!
My 91 year old dad lost his own Dad to gas in WW1 & also still remembers back to the 1940's and having to get up on the roof of their flat, just off Holloway Road, to remove incendiary devices......but he has never had a problem with Germans.

So I think I can accept a bit of collateral damage to Highbury......

Ben Diesel

Post by Ben Diesel »

It was a great day out drinking with the Germans in Dortmund. There was no segregation of fans inside the stadium, nor while we were getting in and out of the turnstiles. We weren't kept behind after the game, everybody left at the same time. The police kept a low profile. No problems at all.

It was a pleasant surprise - not to be herded around like cattle for a change.

That's how I'd like to be treated as an Arsenal supporter at all away games in Europe, and I'm certain that most if not all members of our travelling support would agree with that.

Let's hope the same level of courtesy and respect is extended to the visitors from Dortmund.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Is redaction doing anything to welcome the Dortmund fans, as the Dortmund fans did for us?

:?

borussia

Post by borussia »

hope you have open seating in your stadium :wink:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7851159/Die ... _im_Urlaub

LyusN1

Post by LyusN1 »

borussia wrote:hope you have open seating in your stadium :wink:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7851159/Die ... _im_Urlaub
:lol: :lol:

Bloody Germans!

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

So how many BVB fans in with us, how many are coming over and how many still looking for tickets.

Im thinking the touts may have a pay day :oops:

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

Ben Diesel wrote:It was a great day out drinking with the Germans in Dortmund. There was no segregation of fans inside the stadium, nor while we were getting in and out of the turnstiles. We weren't kept behind after the game, everybody left at the same time. The police kept a low profile. No problems at all.

It was a pleasant surprise - not to be herded around like cattle for a change.

That's how I'd like to be treated as an Arsenal supporter at all away games in Europe, and I'm certain that most if not all members of our travelling support would agree with that.

Let's hope the same level of courtesy and respect is extended to the visitors from Dortmund.
that was quite handy, me and my mate got a lift from a dortmund fan :lol:

BRAZILLIANT 19

Post by BRAZILLIANT 19 »

Ricay wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
hugh jardon wrote:I speak a bit of German...

"Vot is your name??!!"
hope the stewards say as they walk through the turnstiles "V'ere are your papers"

OR good luck ! & then we can shoot them...just like they did to Hudson from The Professionals 8)
I think you'll find it was Cowley in the Professionals. Hudson was the butler from Upstairs Downstairs. :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

BRAZILLIANT 19 wrote:
Ricay wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

"Vot is your name??!!"
hope the stewards say as they walk through the turnstiles "V'ere are your papers"

OR good luck ! & then we can shoot them...just like they did to Hudson from The Professionals 8)
I think you'll find it was Cowley in the Professionals. Hudson was the butler from Upstairs Downstairs. :wink:
LEGEND.

Dortmund Darius

Post by Dortmund Darius »

jamjc64 wrote:So how many BVB fans in with us, how many are coming over and how many still looking for tickets.

Im thinking the touts may have a pay day :oops:
Think theres about 3000 official tickets, although these are all going to fan club members, so there will be no general sale. I know many folk that have managed to somehow pick up tickets from Arsenal website, so you can estimate maybe another 3000-4000 on top of that.

Would have thought most BVB fans would have picked up tickets already, so the touts might be in for a bit of a slow evening.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

QuartzGooner wrote:
BRAZILLIANT 19 wrote:
Ricay wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

"Vot is your name??!!"

LEGEND.

great show i loved his catchphase "Book em danno" :wink:

Dortmund Darius

Away end tickets went on sale in Dortmund at 8.30am yesterday morning. Sold out at 8.32am. Should be lots of Germans in the home end :-P

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Dortmund Darius wrote:Away end tickets went on sale in Dortmund at 8.30am yesterday morning. Sold out at 8.32am. Should be lots of Germans in the home end
Arsenal are only selling home nd tickets to those with a buying history so not sure how you lot will get in, fair play if you do though.

Dortmund Darius

For some reason, there was a period of a couple of days where there was no membership number needed or buying history (though just going on what a couple of other people have said)......

Should be a good atmosphere though. Any boozers to pay a visit to (or any to stay away from?!)

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Dortmund Darius wrote:For some reason, there was a period of a couple of days where there was no membership number needed or buying history (though just going on what a couple of other people have said)......

Should be a good atmosphere though. Any boozers to pay a visit to (or any to stay away from?!)
None to stay away from, you won't have any trouble mate. The only boozers you might want to visit wont let you in without a match ticket in the home end and an Arsenal membership card.

I would say the Drayton Arms as it is the away pub but it is a scummy joint.

Any ideas?