Poppies on the England Shirts

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Poppies on the England Shirts

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Should the English F.A. ignore FIFA and have Poppies on their shirts for the up-coming Internationals?
Also.if they do and are fined,should they pay the fine to the Poppy Appeal,and/or Help For Heroes,and see what FIFA make of that!!!
One more thing,am I right in thinking that WE were the first club to put Poppies on the Club shirts during the Rememberance period?

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

It's a piss take, FIFA are bang out of order, fucking mugs!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Pascal Cygan AFC Legend

Post by Pascal Cygan AFC Legend »

As far as I'm concerned, keep the poppy on the shirt, announce the shirts will be auctioned after the game and the proceeds to be donated to the Royal British Legion and dare FIFA to fine them and disrespect those who have given their life for their country. Big open goal for the FA on this one

richpye

Post by richpye »

Would be absolutely great if we defied the ban.

If FIFA can only fine Bulgaria £50k for having racist fans, what exactly can we be fined? 10k???

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Typical FIFA bollocks. :roll:

You should wear them and just take the fine.

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

richpye wrote:Would be absolutely great if we defied the ban.

If FIFA can only fine Bulgaria £50k for having racist fans, what exactly can we be fined? 10k???
Good point, but would England have the bottle? I doubt it! Unfortunately the English fa don't have the bollocks when it comes to things like this IMO.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

What reason can FIFA use to ban us?

The FA should insist on poppies being worn, why should we let the corrupt FIFA tell us what to do, we invented the game and they are soft on racism in other countries.

bigreddave

Post by bigreddave »

FUCKING DISGRACE! The FA will do what they usually do and bow down to their masters at fifa, hopeless both organisations!

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Fuck FIFA, it's about time we had some fucking balls and told them to go fuck themselves. Fuck the fine, Spain were guilty of racist abuse and got fuck all so they can hardly give more than a tiny fine (equal to about a day of capellos wage) to us. It's our national team, we'll do it if we want. FIFA are fucking shameful

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

I wear mine with pride and respect, something FIFA wouldn't understand

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Re: Poppies on the England Shirts

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Should the English F.A. ignore FIFA and have Poppies on their shirts for the up-coming Internationals?
Also.if they do and are fined,should they pay the fine to the Poppy Appeal,and/or Help For Heroes,and see what FIFA make of that!!!
One more thing,am I right in thinking that WE were the first club to put Poppies on the Club shirts during the Rememberance period?
From memory yeah, the 2-1 v Manure game a few years back.

Cant understand what FIFA's problem is tbh. I'm sure if England wanted to put a McDonalds "M" or some other logo from the "FIFA family" :awnker: on the shirt Blatter would've jizzed himself hollow by now.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

How FIFA can count this as a political or religious gesture is laughable!

As others have said, whear them and wear them proudly! The honour and memory of those lost means so, so much more than a load of sticky fingered bureaucrats in Zurich!

:roll:
Last edited by Percy Dalton on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

fucking disgrace and a lack of respect to all the men and women who have lost there lifes during wars

if anyone is offended by the poppy, then fuck off and die you sad, miserable cúnts :banghead: :banghead:

Big_G

Post by Big_G »

Sepp Blatter must be a Nazi

Cork City Gooner

Post by Cork City Gooner »

Isn't this supposed to be an Arsenal forum?
mods?