Chavs vs Mercenaries

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Revgoon89

Chavs vs Mercenaries

Post by Revgoon89 »

So what do people reckon tonights outcome will be? My Chelsea neighbour is convinced that the chavs will get stuffed tonight. Personally i'm inclined to agree, although a draw would be much mroe ideal. A Chelsea win would be bloody hillarious though. :lol:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i hope they all catch syphilis. in the balls. 8)

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

brazilianGOONER wrote:i hope they all catch syphilis. in the balls. 8)
^^^^^^^

This. 8)

terry henry

Post by terry henry »

frankbutcher wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:i hope they all catch syphilis. in the balls. 8)
^^^^^^^

This. 8)
:lol:

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

A Chelsea win to end their unbeaten run would be welcome, it would be a disgrace to football if City went unbeaten all season.

I'll probably get flak for this but I can see us finishing 3rd above both Chelsea and the scum (this is the worst Chelsea side in years, even with Mata and Torres theyre 4th place material) so a chav win tonight wouldn't be that bad.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I am wanting a City win tonight as Chelsea are one of our rivals for the top 4. We have no hope of the title but I think 2nd place is still possible

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

City win please. Would keep us in the top 4 which must be our main priority this season.

Cork City Gooner

Post by Cork City Gooner »

Draw, Draw, Draw

Chelsea to score first, City to equalise in the last 10

What we really want are some injuries or suspensions to make our trip on Sunday a little easier

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

Despite our resurgence I can't see any way we'll be challenging for the title, but I can see us competing with a stuttering Chelski, so for me a Mercernary's win would be the lesser of two evils.

A defeat for Citeh wouldn't derail their title challenge, but a defeat for the Chavs would heap pressure on Vilas Boas and put more question marks above the heads of some of the players as well as keeping us above them.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Agree with Joe, a draw or a Citeh win for me.

We'll do very well to finish above the chavs this season, and to get into the top 4, we may have to! - any points they drop is a bonus, whereas catching Citeh is way way beyond us.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I'm genuinely worried about them going unbeaten, so I would welcome a chav win, just to put that nightmare to bed.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

goonersid wrote:I'm genuinely worried about them going unbeaten, so I would welcome a chav win, just to put that nightmare to bed.
we shouldn't be hoping our rivals do this though.

actually I would settle for City being unbeaten all season if it meant that we finished in the top 4.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Can anyone see City losing to United at home, Liverpool at home, Spurs at home, or Chelsea at home? They've played them all away and survived apart from the chavs tonight, there's obviously us twice but I think the best chance they have of losing this season is tonight. Like I said, I can see us finishing above the chavs anyway.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

goonersid wrote:I'm genuinely worried about them going unbeaten, so I would welcome a chav win, just to put that nightmare to bed.
i was talking to a mate about this on the weekend - sometimes i feel the invincible were some kind of a curse on us really :shock: :lol: as now everytime a team has a good run in the start of the PL i fear they might take our record.

which is stupid really as the odds are so low, but still it's something we really don't want taken away from us.

if i were babatunde or red member, who love having ultra awesomely polemic opinions to turn all attentions to themselves, i'd even go on to say that i wish we never won it, so we don't have to worry about it.

but i'm not a twat, so i won't. 8) :lol:

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

City will probably get beat by someone shit, its always the way with these unbeaten runs. Bar United right at the start, the times we nearly got beat in the unbeaten season were all to pretty shit teams away.