Underhill last night, lack of respect, awareness, discipline

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AJAAFC

Underhill last night, lack of respect, awareness, discipline

Post by AJAAFC »

Took my son to Underhill last night to watch the FA Youth Cup game against Derby County.

Went to the tea-bar under the main-stand at half-time and a few of the younger first team squad players were in front of us in the queue. My initial thought was that it was a good thing they'd come to support the youngsters, but this was quickly soured by what happened next...

Craig Eastmond was being asked by another player to get him a hot chocolate - his reply loudly - in front of my six-year-old and at least five other youngsters in the vicinity:

"F**k off man, I'll f**k you up, I'll kill you, get your own" - whilst the threat is obviously some kind of new tongue in cheek way young lads like Eastmond like to speak with each other, the language was a disgrace and he just shrugged when I said mind your language.

Shortly before we'd got to the front of the queue Frimpong shouted the following to Pat Rice who was walking past "Hey Pat, hey Pat, shouldn't you be in bed old man!" - I'm not offended by this (neither was Pat who smirked back) BUT is this indicative of a real lack of respect and awareness? The Eastmond case definitely is in my opinion. Frimpong more an issue of discipline which is worrying - I have a feeling from recent seasons (and things I have seen) that this attitude is rife at the club. I can't bring myself to warm to them and support them because of this.

On the pitch it was same old Arsenal. Passing the ball well, best of the play and possession - to be fair to the lads Derby County keeper Mats Morch had a fantastic game and looks one to keep an eye out for. Hector Bellerin and Jon Toral were best for us.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Frimpong's sounds like nothing- calling an older bloke "old man" is the kind of thing that will go on in workplaces and amongst work colleagues the country over.

Eastmond's is pretty bad in front of kids though especially since he represents the club and should thus be trying to come across as a role model of sorts. You were right to tell him to watch his language and when he shrugged his shoulders at you, you should have gone in front of him and said along the lines of "here, dont you shrug your shoulders at me son, show some manners and respect and dont talk like that in front of kids". The other players there would have ripped the piss out of him and it might (just might) have embarrassed him enough to make him think about it more in the future. Some of these kids think they've proper made it because they can get 4 appearances for Arsenal and a few games at Millwall- plenty of people have done considerably more than that and still had fuck all of a career in the game

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Unfortunately it seems to epitomise the modern footballer; arrogant, ignorant and in need of discipline.

Acting like that in front of kids is just crass.

Have to agree I struggle to warm to many of our players in this era. All too many seem to think they are either superstars before they've achieved fuck all and/or gangsta rappers.

Gobshites. :( :roll:

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

You should email the club especially regarding the behaviour of Eastmond. He represents the clubs and they should be made aware of his poor behaviour and lack of self awareness.

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

Wasn't it Eastmond that tweeted he was "off to get some white meat"a while back. I seem to remember getting cc'd on an email that was sent to Gazadis.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

about a year ago I thought that Eastmond had a future at the club.
he doesn't seem to have progressed though. About time to offload him I think

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

DB10GOONER wrote:Unfortunately it seems to epitomise society; arrogant, ignorant and in need of discipline.
Agreed with your original comment, but have fixed it nonetheless.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Eastmond plays like a League One player, if he had not been injured I would have expected a summer transfer out of the club.

He is behind Wilshere, Ramsey, Song, Coquelin and Frimpong in the central midfield pecking order, and hopefully we will sign Vertonghen and get shot of Eastmond once and for all.

Frimpong to Rice is just banter.
Last edited by QuartzGooner on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Monkeymaw wrote:You should email the club especially regarding the behaviour of Eastmond. He represents the clubs and they should be made aware of his poor behaviour and lack of self awareness.
this.

what a bunch of little *word censored*. "shouldn't you be in bed old man?" fucking hell i can only imagine how many slaps i would receive if i said that to my old team coach at gremio :roll: he wouldn't even look at you unless you called him sir, which is absolutely spot on for a guy who's been teaching youngsters how to play the game for decades with respect and dedication. i'm sure you can say the same about pat rice.

i find disrespect with the elder something unnaceptable. it must suck to work your entire life, to then see a fucking shithead of a teenager tell you you should be in bed. :x
Last edited by brazilianGOONER on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macca

Post by Macca »

You need to let the club know, I'm disgusted but not surprised at the attitude late teens have these days , but I'm also annoyed not just the disrespect Eastmond has for those around him but the way Pat Rice was spoken to.
Bring back boot cleaning etc etc , NOT HAPPY hearing this.
Another Cashley Cole in the ranks??
:(

REB

Post by REB »

the problem with these muppets and they are in every club is they think they have it made because of the money there on , 10g a week for reserve team players :banghead:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Too much money for achieving nothing.

Eastmond has no future at the club.But Frimpong needs to be taken down a peg or two

I remember Boothroyd being kicked out for throwing his shirt at Don Howe

These arrogrant twats need to learn a bit of respect.Ferguson would have thrown the book at them
Last edited by donaldo on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

playing for arsenal should mean keeping disciplined and having a bit of class about you.

behaviour epitomised by the nordic viking that is niklas bendtner 8) :barscarf:

Macca

Post by Macca »

This sort of attitude/disrespect needs to be brought up at a Q&A.
Who can do this for us and when is the next one?
Let the top of the tree know The Arsenal fans are not happy and it should not be tolerated!!
:redcard: