Milan Travel etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
southampton gooner

Milan Travel etc

Post by southampton gooner »

I went to San Siro a few years ago but I think I went with club and didn't have much time in Milan. So does anyone know the best place to stay and best place to drink ? I think these will probebly be the same place :D but any information would be handy.
We travel out on Monday back on Thursday if we have half as much fun as we did in A|thens it will be a good trip :shock:

M-50

Post by M-50 »

flying from Dub Tuesday & returning Thursday

Won't be slumming it this time round as the missus is joining me for Valentine's Day :oops: so any suggestions of some above standard joints would be appreciated :D

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

M-50 wrote:flying from Dub Tuesday & returning Thursday

Won't be slumming it this time round as the missus is joining me for Valentine's Day :oops: so any suggestions of some above standard joints would be appreciated :D
You old romantic Image

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Landing Tuesday afternoon, leaving Thursday afternoon. Piazza del Duomo, by the cathedral, for pre match drinkage...

M-50

Post by M-50 »

RoscommonGooner wrote:

You old romantic Image

:finger: :wink:

gotta keep the c*nt happy so I can skip away to Poland in July :)

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

M-50 wrote:
RoscommonGooner wrote:

You old romantic Image

:finger: :wink:

gotta keep the c*nt happy so I can skip away to Poland in July :)
The missus wants a bit of Milan as well, how do I tell her nicely to fuck off? Rather not go than have her around

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Dan_85 wrote:Landing Tuesday afternoon, leaving Thursday afternoon. Piazza del Duomo, by the cathedral, for pre match drinkage...
put your back to said Duomo and look across Piazza to the left and you will find a very good Irish bar............ The meeting point for many Gooners :barscarf:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Dan_85 wrote:Landing Tuesday afternoon, leaving Thursday afternoon. Piazza del Duomo, by the cathedral, for pre match drinkage...
put your back to said Duomo and look across Piazza to the left and you will find a very good Irish bar............ The meeting point for many Gooners :barscarf:

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

Was in Milan a few weeks ago, sadly pints are between 5-10 Euros in the centre of town, isn't a cheap trip at all.

I stayed here before: http://www.ostellobello.com/

More expensive than your average hostel, but really nice place and much cheaper than a hotel.

southampton gooner

Post by southampton gooner »

put your back to said Duomo and look across Piazza to the left and you will find a very good Irish bar............ The meeting point for many Gooners :barscarf:[/quote]

Thats great. This is the kind of information I was after. Thanks

russgoonergibson

Post by russgoonergibson »

Fly out mon morning back thurs ,

Gaffer62

Post by Gaffer62 »

Which airport would it be best to fly into or does it make any difference?

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Chips and Chocolate wrote:
The missus wants a bit of Milan as well, how do I tell her nicely to fuck off? Rather not go than have her around
Come in devestated in a few weeks time- work has told you that you need to go to a meeting right when the game is on. Burn your passport in front of her- this will show her that you really are being called away to a meeting and really are upset about it. Quick trip for an emergency passport and off you go to your "meeting".

As it happens it seems like me mate might want to do our almost yearly Arsenal away CL game so I might be in Milan as well. Is there likely to be an alcohol ban like Roma away was or is it going to be a good trip with plenty pubs to try?

russgoonergibson

Post by russgoonergibson »

Gaffer62 wrote:Which airport would it be best to fly into or does it make any difference?
. Linate is nearest the centre of Milan the other two is just jump on bus or train for 40 mins/hour , roma was qualiy they didn't do to well with the alcohol ban :-P

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

Gaffer62 wrote:Which airport would it be best to fly into or does it make any difference?
try some cheap ryaniar flight to bergamo orio al serio airport
very close to milano