Milan Travel etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
spinney12

Post by spinney12 »

ive booked luton to milan malpensa for 140 :barscarf:

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

Just booked for landing in Bergamo early afternoon and leaving via Hahn the next morning.

Looking forward to another trip to Italy, just hope it won't be too difficult to get a hold of a ticket.

_James_

Post by _James_ »

I assume this will go down to red members as it is a huge stadium and think that was where to went last time we played there.

russgoonergibson

Post by russgoonergibson »

Where is the best area to stay , seen the vids on YouTube of match day piss up/ sing song , buzzing, anyone else arrive Monday morning

spinney12

Post by spinney12 »

russgoonergibson wrote:Where is the best area to stay , seen the vids on YouTube of match day piss up/ sing song , buzzing, anyone else arrive Monday morning

10oclock Monday morning mate .

Did it not even sell out last time I'm sure I remember that ?

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Just booked Aer Lingus to Milan/Linate, out on Monday back on Thursday :barscarf: Anyone know of a good hotel?

russgoonergibson

Post by russgoonergibson »

RoscommonGooner wrote:Just booked Aer Lingus to Milan/Linate, out on Monday back on Thursday :barscarf: Anyone know of a good hotel?
let us know if you find out best area to stay, guessing its near the square , heaps of videos of last time out there pre match piss up/singsong, epic,

M-50

Post by M-50 »

RoscommonGooner wrote:Just booked Aer Lingus to Milan/Linate, out on Monday back on Thursday :barscarf: Anyone know of a good hotel?
hope you're not driving! cause it be some session on that flight back Image

RoscommonGooner

M-50 wrote:
hope you're not driving! cause it be some session on that flight back Image
:db10_2:

Fucking hotels a mad expensive :banghead: Think I'll have to wait until after Christmas to book one.

southampton gooner

Post by southampton gooner »

russgoonergibson wrote:
let us know if you find out best area to stay, guessing its near the square , heaps of videos of last time out there pre match piss up/singsong, epic,
Think Dumo square is place to be but it's right in middle of town so it's not cheap. I paid 90 euro a night for a twin room which is more than i wanted but get to stagger back after drinking without having to use tram or taxi.
Can't wait :barscarf:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Ibis hotel Milano Centro £50 for 2 people if you pay now. Loads of us staying there and bar open until 5am.

bleieve it or not most bars in Milan close at 1am midweek :banghead:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

jamjc64 wrote:
Ibis hotel Milano Centro £50 for 2 people if you pay now. Loads of us staying there and bar open until 5am.

Ibis Milano Centro is where I stayed last time. I can also vouch for it. Nice and clean and reasonably near Duomo Square.

RoscommonGooner

jamjc64 wrote:

Fuck sake :banghead: No chance of a beer after the game then unless the hotel bar stays open. I presume they will keep us behind after the final whistle?

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

RoscommonGooner wrote:
jamjc64 wrote:

Fuck sake :banghead: No chance of a beer after the game then unless the hotel bar stays open. I presume they will keep us behind after the final whistle?
We drank in a bar near to the Ibis. There is actually a bar called "Frank" quite near to Duomo Square too. :lol: There was a bar open on Duomo Square on the night until the police closed it. :banghead: Best bet on match day is "The English Football Pub".

:barscarf:

RoscommonGooner

southampton gooner wrote:
russgoonergibson wrote:
Think Dumo square is place to be but it's right in middle of town so it's not cheap. I paid 90 euro a night for a twin room which is more than i wanted but get to stagger back after drinking without having to use tram or taxi.
Can't wait :barscarf:
Which site did you find this on? Anywhere in the center seems crazy expensive :?