Terry to be prosecuted

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
terry henry

Terry to be prosecuted

Post by terry henry »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

John Terry WILL face criminal charges over his alleged racist comments towards Anton Ferdinand.
The Crown Prosecution Service announced this afternoon that they have authorised his prosecution.

The England captain has denied racially abusing the Queens Park Rangers defender during the Barclays Premier League match on October 23.
Terry is alleged to have called Ferdinand a 'f******* black c***' in last month's defeat at QPR.
Terry has been interviewed by the police, as have a number of witnesses, and the CPS will decide if there is the evidence, which includes extensive video footage supplied by Sky, to bring charges.
Terry is supported by Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, and the Football Association have allowed him to remain England captain, agreeing with boss Fabio Capello he should be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

The FA will complete their inquiry into the incident once the police investigation is concluded.
Shortly after the allegations were made, Terry issued a statement saying: 'I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.
'I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand.
'I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so.'
Last week it emerged that prosecutors had asked police for more information regarding the incident.
Terry is due to play for Chelsea away to Tottenham on Thursday night as his club attempt to stay in contention for the Barclays Premier League title.
He picked up a minor achilles injury during an open training session at Stamford Bridge on Monday.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Good! :twisted: Throw the fucking book at him.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

:happydance:

paperclip

Post by paperclip »

Boomer wrote:Good! :twisted: Throw the fucking book at him.
A yellow pages would be good!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

paperclip wrote:
Boomer wrote:Good! :twisted: Throw the fucking book at him.
A yellow pages would be good!
A fucking Arsenal opus, fired at him from a canon would be even better.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Oh Happy Day....I've been waiting for this "I'm above the law, Ing-er-lund captain" to get his fucking just desserts for too long now

Perhaps if the revelations are even worse he could end up sharing a cell with the tax-dodging, candle wax faced *word censored* in the New Year :D

augie

Post by augie »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Happy days - I hope the pikey son of a dealing dad and shop lifting mum gets sent down 8) Of course it will then beg the question...will harry be the "giver" and terry the "taker" or will it literally be the other way around ?

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Marvellous!

8)

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

The CPS can only issue a maximum of a £2,500 fine.

However, the FA has yet to get involved. If Suarez, which was a more complex case, got a £40,000 fine and an 8 game then Terry's as got to be more severe.

Anyway just for fun...

Down with Rednapp!
You're going down with Rednapp

(the song can be reversed for Rednapp too :wink: )

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

HANG HIM, HANG HIM, HANG HIM :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Boomer wrote:The CPS can only issue a maximum of a £2,500 fine.

However, the FA has yet to get involved. If Suarez, which was a more complex case, got a £40,000 fine and an 8 game then Terry's as got to be more severe.

Anyway just for fun...

Down with Rednapp!

Any truth to rumour that the fa will not be able to proceed if he is not convicted in court now ? Am told that if law of land finds him not guilty then fa wouldnt be able to bring charges as it would be in direct conflict with courts ruling. Mind you oj was found innocent on murder charges but was found guilty in civil court but of course that was in the states :roll:

Rugby Gooner

Re: Terry to be prosecuted

Post by Rugby Gooner »

terry henry wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

John Terry WILL face criminal charges over his alleged racist comments towards Anton Ferdinand.
The Crown Prosecution Service announced this afternoon that they have authorised his prosecution.

The England captain has denied racially abusing the Queens Park Rangers defender during the Barclays Premier League match on October 23.
Terry is alleged to have called Ferdinand a 'f******* black c***' in last month's defeat at QPR.
Terry has been interviewed by the police, as have a number of witnesses, and the CPS will decide if there is the evidence, which includes extensive video footage supplied by Sky, to bring charges.
Terry is supported by Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, and the Football Association have allowed him to remain England captain, agreeing with boss Fabio Capello he should be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

The FA will complete their inquiry into the incident once the police investigation is concluded.
Shortly after the allegations were made, Terry issued a statement saying: 'I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.
'I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand.
'I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so.'
Last week it emerged that prosecutors had asked police for more information regarding the incident.
Terry is due to play for Chelsea away to Tottenham on Thursday night as his club attempt to stay in contention for the Barclays Premier League title.
He picked up a minor achilles injury during an open training session at Stamford Bridge on Monday.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Fucking Chav Wanker!!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Boomer wrote:The CPS can only issue a maximum of a £2,500 fine.

Anyway just for fun...

Down with Rednapp!

Any truth to rumour that the fa will not be able to proceed if he is not convicted in court now ? Am told that if law of land finds him not guilty then fa wouldnt be able to bring charges as it would be in direct conflict with courts ruling. Mind you oj was found innocent on murder charges but was found guilty in civil court but of course that was in the states :roll:
OJ wasnt innocent :shock:

:wink:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Rumour has it Chelsea will use Torres as secured bail!

:lol:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

This might be a stupid question (mine normally are) but what is the difference between Terry and Suarez in terms of one being charged by the boys in blue and one not?