Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What do you eat on Christmas?

Turkey
56%
Goose
6%
Beef
6%
Lamb
6%
Salmon
3%
Arsene Wenger's Pasta and Broccolli diet
12%
Pork
9%
Vegetarian/Vegan Food
3%

Total votes: 34

QuartzGooner

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah

Post by QuartzGooner »

Merry Christmas to everyone!

And a Happy Hanukah to myself, Simon, DanielD, Sami and a few others.

Reckon most people will have a family meal, but is anyone doing something unusual on the 25th?

And what do you eat?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

heading home to Ireland after a mental week in new york, will have the feet up at home eating plenty of turkey sandwiches.

Merry Christmas all you gooners!

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

I'm cooking Gammon, not a big fan of poultry and finding Lamb around here is not the easiest of tasks.

Happy Holidays, you lot.

REB

Post by REB »

turkey and ham :barscarf:

happy xmas to all 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We bring the kids up to my mom's for Xmas dinner. It's the annual family get together and my bro's and their wives/GFs and kids will be there too.

I'm gonna eat one serious fuckload of ham and turkey, roast spuds, veg, prawns and drink quite a few old speckled hens! Then later myself and the bro's will have a nice snifter of Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve in memory of the old man. 8)

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Christmas Eve: Noodle salad & Wiener Würstchen
25th: Beef
26th: Lamb

Merry Christmas to everyone from good old Germany! :barscarf:

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:We bring the kids up to my mom's for Xmas dinner. It's the annual family get together and my bro's and their wives/GFs and kids will be there too.

I'm gonna eat one serious fuckload of ham and turkey, roast spuds, veg, prawns and drink quite a few old speckled hens! Then later myself and the bro's will have a nice snifter of Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve in memory of the old man. 8)
I knew it :roll: :wink:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

We started a new tradition the other year. (We altnernate between here in London & Darlington for the in-laws each year)

So Christmas eve my mum will pop around for the start of the festivities as we tuck into that seasonal favorite - The Chinese take-away! :lol: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Christmas eve will be a takeaway, a nice chicken tikka madras. On the 25th I will get up and open pressies with the missus whilst enjoying a lovely mojito! Then tuck into a nice turkey and enjoy a glass or two of wine.
Settle down in the afternoon to watch 'Digby, the biggest dog in the world' ( I'm sure it will be on as usual), and probably fall asleep before the turkey and pickled onion sarnies make an appearance!
Seeing as I was made redundant on the 16th I can actually enjoy Christmas for a change, I've worked the last 8 or 9 years!

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i will be doing the steak and ale pie mentioned in the basement :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

merry christmas everyone! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

brazilianGOONER wrote:i will be doing the steak and ale pie mentioned in the basement :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

merry christmas everyone! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bullshit!

You will be eating cock, the same as the rest of the year!

:lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:Christmas eve will be a takeaway, a nice chicken tikka madras. On the 25th I will get up and open pressies with the missus whilst enjoying a lovely mojito! Then tuck into a nice turkey and enjoy a glass or two of wine.
Settle down in the afternoon to watch 'Digby, the biggest dog in the world' ( I'm sure it will be on as usual), and probably fall asleep before the turkey and pickled onion sarnies make an appearance!
Seeing as I was made redundant on the 16th I can actually enjoy Christmas for a change, I've worked the last 8 or 9 years!
You mean its not The Great Escape, Star Wars or one of the shit 70s Bond movies this year???

In answer to Quartz's question it will be the big old turkey with all the trimmings, cooked by yours truly. Off to the folks on Boxing Day where no doubt my Mum won't let me settle for more than 5 minutes without being fed lunch, dinner, mince pies, cheese or whatever else she's spent fortunes on before generally rolling around like a lardarse for a few days. Come New Year's Day I'll be as mobile as Chamakh :D

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

I wasn't feeling homesick (the meat over here is top class and I've ordered my turkey for Xmas, leg of lamb for New Year and another for Three Kings not to mention the cheap wine) and then DB10 has to go and mention Old Speckled Hen, which led onto thoughts of Bishops Finger, Spitfire, Youngs Winter Warmer etc etc. God I'd love a proper pint!!!

Feliz Navidad

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Let the drunkeness begin!

Happy Xmas!

:barscarf:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

SpanishJoe, d'you celebrate the Reyes Magos Day seriously?

Christmas Eve I will be relaxing with family, going for a massive lunch in Stellenbosch with all the relatives then going off for a few beers with mates.

Xmas Day I will be waking up, looking out over the Atlantic Ocean from my bed, going surfing in the morning, burger chips and beers for lunch, open presents and go to the gym in the afternoon, then a big barbecue with some mates and a bigger night out! Lovely!