Henry after tonights game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
dudbux

Henry after tonights game

Post by dudbux »

Did anybody see Henry get rather animated after the game ? I couldnt work out if it was friendly or agressive! He kept staring at 1 fan who was waving a shoe around!!

Anybody hear tge exchange? I was too far away to hear it

WEWEREINVINCIBLE!

Post by WEWEREINVINCIBLE! »

i originally thought th14 was telling the other players to applaud the fans a.d when theo did there was quite a few gooners giving theo the v sign and other unpleasantries.
so assumed th14 wasnt happy.

however a guy on my coach reckons the fans was gesturing to swap boots and that apparently in france that is offensive?

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

Just nipped out in the car to pick the girls up from the pictures and heard on 909 that a few of our fans were having a go at Henry after the game for showing no passion. A gooner phoned up to confirm but I can't believe it. Apparently it got to Henry and that is why he was animated. Green treated it like fact.

I hope this is just a wind-up or mis-understanding. Can anyone shed any light on it if you were there?

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Saw Henry giving it the 'mouthy' gesture to someone whilst looking in the direction of our fans but that is it.

Would be very surprised if anyone gave him grief.

:shock:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

I called him a big ego *word censored* and told him to fuck off back to New York.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

I am a bit unsure Frank because I am not in your clique. Are you joking?

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Why is he here? His legs have gone. If he really cared about Arsenal he'd have told Wenger to get stuffed and got him to go out and buy a proper striker. He's on a fucking ego trip.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

frankbutcher wrote:Why is he here? His legs have gone. If he really cared about Arsenal he'd have told Wenger to get stuffed and got him to go out and buy a proper striker. He's on a fucking ego trip.
I like you frank, and you post some good stuff on here, but thats horse shit.

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

worthing_gooner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:Why is he here? His legs have gone. If he really cared about Arsenal he'd have told Wenger to get stuffed and got him to go out and buy a proper striker. He's on a fucking ego trip.
I wouldnt go that far to say its "horse shit".

In one way he's right; Henry should've politely declined. In another I see it from Henry's view that he just wanted to play for the club he lovs again.

Now for Wenger to say we never wanted Suarez (not the one of negorito fame) in the first place and how we dont need new players is fucking disgusting.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

worthing_gooner wrote:
I'm pissed in more ways than one. Clearly I didn't say that to Henry. He reacted to people abusing Theo. Fact.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

frankbutcher wrote:
worthing_gooner wrote:
I'm pissed in more ways than one. Clearly I didn't say that to Henry. He reacted to people abusing Theo. Fact.
Heard that form enough people who were there that i'm taking it for the truth.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

DarylAFC wrote:
worthing_gooner wrote:
I wouldnt go that far to say its "horse shit".

In one way he's right; Henry should've politely declined. In another I see it from Henry's view that he just wanted to play for the club he lovs again.

Now for Wenger to say we never wanted Suarez (not the one of negorito fame) in the first place and how we dont need new players is fucking disgusting.
I think Henry still has something to offer the club. He showed within 20 minutes of his comeback that although he's not as quick as he was, he's still a class finisher and has that movement to create a yard of space in the box. Yeah it was Leeds, but any keeper would have struggled to save that, one touch, bang bottom corner. Classic Henry finish.

At the end of the day, he's a damn sight better than Park or Chamakh and clearly loves the club so would display more passion and pride for the shirt than anyone else out there.

So to say that coming back was just an ego trip is ridiculous. He came back because he feels he can offer something to the club - something the club is lacking at the moment with Park and Chamakh in reserve - a bit of depth upfront.

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

TH12 has said he is a fan but also that he is not a hero and wants to help the team.

He knows he cannot turn our fortunes around on his own but he is willing to try because he loves the club.

You could see how f*cked he was at the end of 20 minutes against Leeds. AW knows what shape he is in, before he was signed up.

TH signing is just another sign of AW's desperation and ineptitude.

Not sure TH deserves to take any flack when the buck stops with AW.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SWLGooner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
worthing_gooner wrote:
Heard that form enough people who were there that i'm taking it for the truth.

Theos lucky he wasnt in my sitting room

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Real shame if this is true. I was one of the people who didn't want him to come back but supporters falling out with him is just wrong