Rosicky

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arsenalmorris

Rosicky

Post by arsenalmorris »

New Forum / New Thread

Tomas Rosicky - has anyone's opinions of him changes i remember before the forum was taken down 5 weeks ago every1's general thoughts was that he was useless, since then i think he has put some fantastic performances in but i am unsure if he is playing well for the hopes of a contract extension or unsure if the recent injuries have presented him with the game time needed to get back to his best,

me personally i think he should get a contract extension on 1 - 2 years as there is lots of other dead wood i would rather get rid of than him

Thoughts???

brazilianGOONER

Re: Rosicky

Post by brazilianGOONER »

he's been great this season. i never hid the fact that i admire him as a player, would surely like him to stay for another season. he's the best attacking central midfielder in this team, make no mistake.

REB

Post by REB »

always rated him and at times it seem to be only me and bg who defended him but he has a lot more to do to win over everyone and must get more goals.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

i must admit i wasnt fussed at the though of losing him untill recently,

The only thing i have always admired was the ammount of effort he puts in and he chases the ball down loads oppose to the rest of midfield who in general are happy to watch other teams keep the ball rather than rushing them into making a mistake or bad pass

Recently though he has been amazing, 1 of the best players in the squad

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Put his preformances into perspective, ie 2 good games with a piss poor one in between at pool, and dire prior to this. He should be sold in the summer.

tel

Post by tel »

He's a good squad player but far too inconsistent/injured to be relied on as a 1st choice player. He's had some good performances recently but he's done this before going off the boil previously.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Hmmm... strangely my mind on him has changed especially after his performance against Milan,previously, I just couldn't get past his walking towards the goal line when a shot or free kick was heading into our net.. I just hope he's not playing well for a renewed contract and goes back to his previous shit standard. :?

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

When we signed him it felt like a really great acquistion, but over time injuries and total lack of spark had me thinking time was calling him on his Arsenal career.

I now hold my hands up and admit to being wrong, he put one helluva shift in against Spurzzz and Milan and i think was very much the difference in the second half at Anfield.

I hope we can keep him and that he stays to perform to a level we wished to have seen when we signed him.

van persie 10

Post by van persie 10 »

Quality player, always has been

T.S

Post by T.S »

It helps that he's been played in his best position for a few games. That's for sure.

The thing that has really wound me up about this team over the course of this season is that, for large parts of it, I could not distinguish who cared and who couldn't give a toss. From the evidence of the last few weeks, It seems to me that, not only is Rosicky a player with talent who strengthens the squad, but he seems to actually care, too. So, for someone who should only really be used as a squad player, that is good enough for me.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

T.S wrote:It helps that he's been played in his best position for a few games. That's for sure.
this.

rosicky is not efficient as a winger anymore, he lost a yard of pace and to be honest his workrate and style of play favours playing in the middle. he is always much more effective in the cesc role than out wide.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

T.S wrote:It helps that he's been played in his best position for a few games. That's for sure.

The thing that has really wound me up about this team over the course of this season is that, for large parts of it, I could not distinguish who cared and who couldn't give a toss. From the evidence of the last few weeks, It seems to me that, not only is Rosicky a player with talent who strengthens the squad, but he seems to actually care, too. So, for someone who should only really be used as a squad player, that is good enough for me.
This is about spot on, we need more players like him who care for the team

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

2nd best midfielder we have behind jack. keep him.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

He's been playing well, if he keeps it up give him another year, don't do it now though, let him keep going.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Like to see him get a one year deal with extra couple of years on season by season option.

Having lost Arshavin, and with Diaby injured a lot, Rosicky has a role to play in the squad, though I am not sure he will start too many games if Wilshere returns to top fitness.