THE FORUM AS IT IS NOW

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

THE FORUM AS IT IS NOW

Post by REB »

look guys its going to take a few days to sort whats good and bad but remember we are doing our best and some guidelines are still open to debate, all we ask is for some respect , cut out the swearing and the y word as that is what the owners want, we dont want the place to get sterile so no one is posting but im just asking posters to use some common sense as for the mods i am asking the same,
we were a great forum and want it to be the same again but the only way we can do it is to respect each other,
sorry if people dont like the changes and i know there not for everyone but with a little caution we can still have some craic and a laugh,
as for gifs and tit threads well that is what the cannonballs is for and the same rules apply now as did before we closed ,

peace out

frankbutcher

Re: THE FORUM AS IT IS NOW

Post by frankbutcher »

Well said that man. :barscarf:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Wheres the sigs?

REB

Post by REB »

armchair supporter wrote:Wheres the sigs?

no sigs yet, too big and too messy, may be back but just not at this time.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Have we got rid of quote towers? please

REB

Post by REB »

corkbarry wrote:Have we got rid of quote towers? please

:D

yeah

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

REB wrote:

yeah
We'll see about that. :lol:

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

Revgoon89 wrote:
REB wrote:

yeah
We'll see about that. :lol:
see about what?

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Well..........it's good to be back :barscarf: :D

It may not have quite the same flavour as the old version of the forum. But I reckon the place will probably better without all the abuse that was flying around on a regular basis. It was getting seriously stupid.

I'm not quite sure how the lack of :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: will work out, though. :rubchin:

richpye

Post by richpye »

Would agree OGG, although I guess I may have been guilty at times.
Good to be back, this is a great forum with some great posters who love The Arsenal, which is what it is all about at the end of the day

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

REB wrote:look guys its going to take a few days to sort whats good and bad but remember we are doing our best and some guidelines are still open to debate, all we ask is for some respect , cut out the swearing and the y word as that is what the owners want, we dont want the place to get sterile so no one is posting but im just asking posters to use some common sense as for the mods i am asking the same,
we were a great forum and want it to be the same again but the only way we can do it is to respect each other,
sorry if people dont like the changes and i know there not for everyone but with a little caution we can still have some craic and a laugh,
as for gifs and tit threads well that is what the cannonballs is for and the same rules apply now as did before we closed ,

peace out
Well said Reb

Its going to take a while to get used to the new place/rules but there is no reason dropping swearing is gonna ruin this place.

It is what we make it

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

It's good to see Frankbutcher for sure.....tippers had no threat to my march to glory..other than Fwankie baby

augie

Post by augie »

Rebs, I am sure we will all row in behind the new rules and do our best to keep things on the level here. However I will also ask that the mods and mike also show some patience and understanding with us mere mortals as we attempt to get used to adapt to the new rules and layout around here. From my own perspective I wont intend to undermine or moan but I might blow off some steam in the early stages as I come to terms with the no swearing so please accept my apologies in advance if it pisses ye off

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:Rebs, I am sure we will all row in behind the new rules and do our best to keep things on the level here. However I will also ask that the mods and mike also show some patience and understanding with us mere mortals as we attempt to get used to adapt to the new rules and layout around here. From my own perspective I wont intend to undermine or moan but I might blow off some steam in the early stages as I come to terms with the no swearing so please accept my apologies in advance if it pisses ye off
I think thats fair enough augie it is going to take some getting used to for all of us. The only thing i want to add is - is swearing so important? Surely we can all express ourselves without it? No one is going to be warned or have comments deleted for knocking Wenger or praising him either!!! It doesnt make it sterile by cutting out a few words as long as opinion keeps coming back and forth between everyone.

The abuse and name calling from a certain member who i believe hasnt posted today was totally unacceptable sure we can all agree with that but cutting a few swear words isnt going to ruin this forum, unless you want it to (thats not aimed at you augie)

augie

Post by augie »

Flash I agree totally with you and olgit about the level of personal abuse that was thrown around here prior to it's closure and I made that point several times when it was happening. However what I will also say, and this is from my own perspective here, is that football is a passionate game and sometimes that passion is uncontrolable. Wasnt one of the major positives on this forum the fact that people could act just like they do at matches or in the pubs discussing all things footie ? Personal abuse has no place on this forum imo but a few cuss words by someone just letting off some steam at nobody in particular is fine by me