Anyone notice...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Anyone notice...

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

That these recent great results and performances have all coincided with the injury to Aaron Ramsey and emergence of Rosicky? TBH I personally believe its more the former than the latter, though Tomas has played some great games. Ramsey is just awful, kills all attacks we attempt, slows the game down to where its just ugly, and gives the ball away more than Alex Song.

I'd love to never see him play again. He ranks up there with Denilson for me.

RioGooner

Re: Anyone notice...

Post by RioGooner »

I don't think he's that bad, the Denilson level is quite harsh. Specially because he tries to do things, whilst denilson is just roaming through the pitch. As the squad thinned and Wilshere stayed away for the season, he got the job to lead the midfield and that was clearly too much for him. Gary Speed's suicide surely hasn't helped either.

If he plays a few matches he can be helpful, he can't lead a line ( as i'm not sure jack can either, but thick arsene will surely try)

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

The level of hate for Ramsey is astounding at times.

You have a kid who's 19, playing in his first full Premier League season, who has had some pretty good games (and some bad ones too, don't get me wrong).

Give him some time, and also realize just how much first-team football he's played this year. Prior to his injury, he looked very tired/drained - it's not surprising he finally picked up a knock. A lot of the fact that he has played so much has come from Rosicky not really offering a lot in his stead. Frankly it's about time TR7 justified the money we're pouring into his pocket. His role has always been to come in and help us out off the bench and he's only just recently looking like he's worth keeping around.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Barriecuda wrote:The level of hate for Ramsey is astounding at times.

You have a kid who's 19, playing in his first full Premier League season, who has had some pretty good games (and some bad ones too, don't get me wrong).

Give him some time, and also realize just how much first-team football he's played this year. Prior to his injury, he looked very tired/drained - it's not surprising he finally picked up a knock. A lot of the fact that he has played so much has come from Rosicky not really offering a lot in his stead. Frankly it's about time TR7 justified the money we're pouring into his pocket. His role has always been to come in and help us out off the bench and he's only just recently looking like he's worth keeping around.
I wouldn't call it "hate" tbh. And I agree Ramsey has been rubbish this season. Too much trying to be clever with backheels etc. He needs to simplify his game. Personally I hope he comes good, but if he stays pants then I hope he stays out tbh. Rosicky has been excellent lately but we need him to do that for more than a third of a season.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Im going to agree with Berrie on this one, its not fair on Ramsey hes been carrying the midfield for most of the season, yes the fancy backheels are a bit much - but give the boy some credit. Denilson comparison is really uncalled for.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Jesus, some peoples perception of a footballer hasn't improved during the time the forum was down!

If you cannot see Ramsey's qualities then you are better off watching a different sport. Maybe try tennis!

We bitch and moan about not having 'stars' yet don't give hugely talented kids a chance.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I created this post in March of last season. Have any of your views changed yet? Because mine surely hasn't. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:I created this post in March of last season. Have any of your views changed yet? Because mine surely hasn't. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I wear ladies knickers

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

That useless fat bastard santoss is never off twatter on the club website :roll: useless wanker

http://www.arsenal.com/news/player-tweets