McDowell its over dude...no more - Hallelujah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: McDowell's shit VANITY 'Rumours' Thread

Post by clockender1 »

bendtner probably just added two mil to his price with that brace.

bound for germany no doubt. good luck to him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:I see Song got beaten up by a mob in Cameroon for being responsible for their loss to Libya :lol:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... n-cameroon

no word of any career ending injuries etc...
See.

Now THAT'S How it should be done. Feckinh right on I say! :box: :high5: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Babatunde wrote:Yeah! Giroud! Woooohoo amazing! Let's all follow Henry Norris and be positive about a striker you've never actually seen play more than 3-4 times :roll:

Said this before and I'll say it again: Giroud really isn't very good. The quality attacking player in that Montpellier squad is Belhanda and that's who a serious manager would be going for. This reminds me of Wenger signing Gervinho from Lille when Hazard was stood next to him! :shock:

Mind you of course any player Wenger signs is bound to turn up top class. Now let's recall the last quality Ligue 1 striker Wenger signed... :rubchin:

I'll ask the same question I asked after he signed Park: if Giroud is so decent, why is there virtually zero competition for his signature, considering he's apparently the French Gerd Muller? I remember the clamour for Benzema when he left Lyon. Giroud seems to be interesting none of the big teams - why is that? The same reason Gervinho and Park interested none of the big teams? Who was the last quality striker the Arsenal scouting department signed? Wasn't it RVP? How long ago was that then? 2004 you said?! :shock:

I find it hilarious. This is a massive downgrade on RVP. It's like swapping an iPhone for a Mercury One to One. But Arsenal fans are so desperately deluded, they'll convince themselves Giroud and Poldi is an improvement; just as we didn't really need Nasri (hi Gervinho), just as Fabregas would be replaced by Ramsey (LOL), just as Adebayor could bugger off (how many years did it take to get RVP fit to replicate those goals?), just as we can't judge Park until he's kicked a ball etc etc

Giroud is good for a Montpellier. He's on Kevin Gameiro level.

Put him with the big boys and he's lost. FACT.

Still. Let's have this convo again next May ok? Happy to accept I'm wrong if he hits at least 20 league goals.
Awww ere we go. :roll:

one temporary moment of enjoyment brought crashing down to earth by Arry's love/hate child. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
Babatunde wrote:
Yeah. Giroud is world class. Must be why he sits on the bench for France and has errrr...just unambitious Arsenal competing for his signature. World class hahahahahahahaha must remember that one
:lol: :lol:

:barscarf:
Eh? :? :? :?

(I was always shit at geometry!!) :oops: :oops: :cry: :lol: :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WHAAAT!? geometry AND Modding!??

:D :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

bugger.
However the Swiss international, Arsenal’s longest serving player, has pledged his loyalty to the club for the foreseeable future: “I just want to deny what has been in the press about my transfer. It isn’t true at all. I have been at Arsenal for 10 years now and I am always committed.”
code for 'no offers, i'm due a testimonial...'

i can't wait to see the attendance at the bowl for that one - who do you think we'll get ? Palace ?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:bugger.
However the Swiss international, Arsenal’s longest serving player, has pledged his loyalty to the club for the foreseeable future: “I just want to deny what has been in the press about my transfer. It isn’t true at all. I have been at Arsenal for 10 years now and I am always committed.”

i can't wait to see the attendance at the bowl for that one - who do you think we'll get ? Palace ?

Naaaah! sunderland :D :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Babatunde wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
can't you just be happy wenger is signing world class talent :barscarf:
don't be silly Henry, don't you know that they are only world class talent when someone else signs them ?

like the spuds, chelsea, City etc...

:roll:
Yeah. Giroud is world class. Must be why he sits on the bench for France and has errrr...just unambitious Arsenal competing for his signature. World class hahahahahahahaha must remember that one
:lol: :lol:
5-2 to the Arsenal :barscarf:

one Arsene Wenger :barscarf:

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

Looks to me like Wenger may be righting some wrongs.
Buying early, buying proven players with International experience to compliment what he already has and strengthen in vital areas. Keep VP, buy M'Vila and a decent back up keeper like Gordon and Jaaskalinen and I would be a very happy camper.

Di Matteo signs 2 year deal for Chelsea.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 38150.html

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

BREAKING NEWS - Arsenal have pulled out of the race for Olivier Giroud.

An insider states Wenger has pulled out of the deal as he has agreed the transfer of a Danish striker from Sunderland who will cost him 12m less despite being one of the top scorers in Euro 2012.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Chopper wrote:BREAKING NEWS - Arsenal have pulled out of the race for Olivier Giroud.

An insider states Wenger has pulled out of the deal as he has agreed the transfer of a Danish striker from Sunderland who will cost him 12m less despite being one of the top scorers in Euro 2012.

A think a one week ban is in order here :cussing:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Sorry Sammy,

At times when we get close to signing someone that much these days I think to myself 'What would Wenger do?'

In which case if I have got a weeks ban then i'll watch whats happening and ring someone else to post for me :lol: (not you baba!)

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Chopper wrote:Sorry Sammy,

At times when we get close to signing someone that much these days I think to myself 'What would Wenger do?'

In which case if I have got a weeks ban then i'll watch whats happening and ring someone else to post for me :lol: (not you baba!)

Nah I jest :barscarf:

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
LeGinge (Northern Branch) wrote:
1989 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... iroud.html

Giroud deal to be announced 'within the next 48 hours'
Serious question - Is Giroud better than Bendtner? :?

Going by what Babs says I'm unsure.

Again, I've never seen Giroud play but I'm currently underwhelmed by this purchase.
Babs!!??/ we are talking Arry's love/hate child here...that's why he's so full of hatred and bile. Well wouldn't you be if ole Cheese On Toast Face was yer old man and you had a sibling like that prick jamie *word censored* o

:D :wink:
Yeah ok - I've realised my mistake :wink: :lol:

Put me to bed now . . . :fryingpan: :fryingpan:

To be fair - Babs has seen more of him than I have.

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:bugger.

Naaaah! sunderland :D :wink:
And I bet he'd get injured in the game as well. Just after scoring an own goal...

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Giroud's career stats aren't bad -

APPS GOALS ASSISTS
216 93 22