McDowell its over dude...no more - Hallelujah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: McDowell's shit VANITY 'Rumours' Thread

Post by GranadaJoe »

We don't need a better RB than Sagna but we do need a good back up, while Jenkinson develops.

I remember many years ago when a journo was blowing sunshime up AW's arse about how fantastic he was for seeing that TH14 would be a great striker following the departure of Le Sulk, Aw stating that his original intention had been to play Anelka up front with TH14 and Overmars either side of him, and I'm wondering whether he might be considering being a bit more adventurous next season.

I would certainly rather see three goal-scoring attackers than RvP, Ramsey and Benny.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Metro : The Arsenal have requested that Giroud be pulled from the French squad Saturday to sign his contract with us.

bon.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Would love to see 4-3-3 next season with Podolski and RVP playing off Giroud if he signs.

With Arteta and Wilshere in behind would be a fantastic attacking 5 however the key then would be to get a solid holding midfielder who would sit and protect the back 4 (M'Vila or Martinez in an ideal world).

The back 5 also would need reinforcing but thats another matter entirely. Getting a good back up RB and GK to start. The Gordon suggestion is not bad but would prefer Ben Foster if he is still available.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

The back 5 will improve as soon as we get a holding midfielder that actually sits and holds.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Theo-----Arteta----Song------Podolski

Dont think you can play 4-4-2 with a midfield like that, technically its quite poor. I do like the idea of keeping defenders occupied by two strikers but we need a technical as well as a defensive upgrades.

Dang forgot about Wilshere!, but still I think the same applies.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:The back 5 will improve as soon as we get a holding midfielder that actually sits and holds.

FACT

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:The back 5 will improve as soon as we get a holding midfielder that actually sits and holds.

FACT
FACT INDEED

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

clockender1 wrote:Metro : The Arsenal have requested that Giroud be pulled from the French squad Saturday to sign his contract with us.

bon.

I find this hard to believe

SammyDroppedHisShorts

mcdowell42 wrote:
clockender1 wrote:Metro : The Arsenal have requested that Giroud be pulled from the French squad Saturday to sign his contract with us.

bon.

I thought you were the Metro after I was sacked!!

Post by 1989 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

FACT
FACT INDEED
Stop using the word. You peasants. You know fuck all. Go back to washing dishes like good girls. Help your mothers dear children.

FACT. :roll:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

1989 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

FACT
FACT INDEED
Stop using the word. You peasants. You know fuck all. Go back to washing dishes like good girls. Help your mothers dear children.

You forgot to mention Wengers 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5M (choose one or all of the above) salary :banghead: :oops:
:lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

MegaGooner wrote:
1989 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

FACT
FACT INDEED

You forgot to mention Wengers 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5M (choose one or all of the above) salary :banghead: :oops:
:lol:

Plus the 10% transfer fee bonus. Or was that just the twitcher?

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

Top Londoner wrote: Plus the 10% transfer fee bonus. Or was that just the twitcher?
Correct, that was the twitchy one.

SammyDroppedHisShorts

fACT is......I don't give a shit 1989 :lol:

FACT

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

bon.

me too.

what ? he doesn't have email or a fax to sign a pre-contract ?