McDowell its over dude...no more - Hallelujah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
spendsum4uckingmoney

Re: McDowell is a Bollocks. aka The rumours thread

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

mcdowell42 wrote:Málaga Hoy claim Cazorla has told friends he may be sold to ease Málaga's debts, but Arsenal "doesn't particularly appeal" as a destination

TWITTER

Join the club

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I can't get excited about these Cazorla rumours, of course he would strengthen us, but thats £15-20m we will not be spending on defensive reinforcements.

If we are going to compete for trophies then we need to get a world class holding midfielder not another attacking midfielder.

So Cazorla/Sahin may help us to reclaim the 4th place trophy in RVP's absence but Martinez/M'vila may achieve physical silverware.

Which would you prefer as there's no way Stan/the board will dip into the pot for both at that price.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

^^^^^I see what ur saying but I dont think we need a holding mid. Infact I think holding mids are obsolete in todays game. What we need is a deep lying play maker. The days of Nigel De Jongs are long gone. We need a Toure, Alonso, Xavi etc.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

Isn't Sahin a good DM? Just asking :?

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:^^^^^I see what ur saying but I dont think we need a holding mid. Infact I think holding mids are obsolete in todays game. What we need is a deep lying play maker. The days of Nigel De Jongs are long gone. We need a Toure, Alonso, Xavi etc.
As much as I would like to agree with you, this statement is so wrong. Toure would be nothing without De Jong, Alonso without Kedhira and Xavi without busquets(*word censored*).

DM's will always be part of the game. We can attack as much as we like but defence is what seals the deal :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wenker inherited the best back four the prem's ever seen....and he has No Idea what constiitutes the kind of defence/defenders necessary...to go beyond Fourth (Arsenal's New Holy Grail!)

Kos is excellent and for me - will get better - I love TV5 - even though he can make errors - he gives 101% and takes no prisoners AND should be our next Captain (but that will go to Arteta)

Sagna is exceelent - best RB in the prem...but is injured and the back ups are no where near his level...and LB??/ well gibbs is too light weight and doesn't have much positional sense....santos! jeeeezuss - he's over weight and at best a stand in left mid-fielder...

Oh! for the famous Back Four - we could take the prem by storm.. :cry: :banghead: :cry: :banghead: :cussing:

Defensively we are screwed...Unless Wenker gets in a Proper Defensive Coach - who organises them into a 'Unit'..I hoped Bould would be able to do that...but going by the pre-seaosn games - things remain as they were...so obviously wenker doesn't want his precious (failing) game plan messed with! :cry: :banghead: :cussing:

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

MegaGooner wrote:Isn't Sahin a good DM? Just asking :?
I'm not aware of him being a defensive/holding midfielder (though only seen him a handful of times, so could be wrong). He does play deeper but does not offer the defensive cover we need. He would probably be an improvement on Song in that position but we need a commanding presence that would break up opposition attacks and start (not wander off into) our attacks.

Sahin/Cazorla alongside M'vila/Martinez/Diarra would be great but I seriously doubt Arsenal PLC would fund both positions. I would love to be proved wrong.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

sjneider seen eating a burrito con carne in north london :barscarf:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I agree with MegaGooner that a Defensive Midfielder is an essential in the Premiership.

Winning tackles is still a part of the game, and ours is physical league.

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Sahin plays as Centre mid, very good going foward and he was a decent defender too. When he left Dortmund, Klopp tried two different guys and as neither could provide the balance he did, he just used two 2Dm's last season ( Kehl and Bender).

If we got both Cazorla and Sahin, I feel we'd be easily able to fit them both alongside Arteta in our midfield

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

RioGooner wrote: If we got both Cazorla and Sahin
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

RioGooner wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:

If we got both Cazorla and Sahin, I feel we'd be easily able to fit them both alongside Arteta in our midfield
but where would Song and Diaby play ?

i will be shocked if they and djourou are not in the team. that would involve AW admitting the experiment is totally finished.

though to be fair,if sahin and carzola arriev on big fees after pod and Giroud, maybe it is ?

Post by 1989 »

Left footed Xabi Alonso.